Chinese Skating News, Pt. 4: Fresh Noodles for Milan 2026

Status
Not open for further replies.

On My Own

Do we know why Peng couldn't go? That thing with the rink management that his fan group was talking about a while back?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
The news about the new COVID developments and protests throughout China concerns. This must be the reason for skating decisions. Bojang Jin and the ice-dancing team are very lucky to be working far away.
Changes coming…finally?

On My Own

Rumor on Weibo says Covid related issues that made him unable to enter Beijing in time.
Well that sucks. And I don't even want them to all be stuffed into Beijing... sucks all around. Well, bigger fish to fry for them, right now, I guess...

Last edited:

raruki

Do we know why Peng couldn't go? That thing with the rink management that his fan group was talking about a while back?
I have heard that it is because of the stupid covid regulations in Beijing.
The Chinese winter sports management center created a stupid rule that everyone who has to compete internationally should enter the bubble set up in Beijing's capital indoor stadium a month earlier before going abroad. So every athlete with international assignments should go to Beijing a month earlier.
But, the covid regulation in Beijing is extremely and stupidly strict. Beijing asks that People who come from a place where it hasn't had one single covid case for 7 days can enter Beijing. Otherwise, they will not allow you to enter Beijing.
Unfortunately, Peng trains in Dongguan, and Dongguan has had covid cases for a very long time. Therefore, Peng can't enter Beijing to compete.

On My Own

The Chinese winter sports management center created a stupid rule that everyone who has to compete internationally should enter the bubble set up in Beijing's capital indoor stadium a month earlier before going abroad. So every athlete with international assignments should go to Beijing a month earlier.
I was going to ask why a bubble still exists :rolleyes: but there's no real point, I guess. Anyway, as I said, bigger fish to fry right about now. Actually, didn't think the athletes living in China currently would be going anywhere at all, but I suppose why not.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
And both Li/Wang and Chen/Xing just earned the Worlds TES RD min!

Here's hoping both teams can repeat the feat tomorrow in the FD! It would be great to have three Chinese dance teams at 4CCs!

raruki

Li Xuantong/ Wang Xinkang
JR rd 31.61+23.81=55.42

SR rd 34.37+24=58.37

Chen Xizi/ Xing Jianing
SR rd 33.42+24.81=58.23

Good jobs! Both of the teams got very good scores! especially Li/Wang! This is their first international debut and they passed the RD MTS in Junior Worlds, Four continents, and Senior Worlds!

raruki

Another good news for them is that they get invested by IMG/Endeavor and Adidas!
When I got the news, I kept this secret until it was finalized. But someone in the audience seats waved a flag that contained the information lol😅
The reason why they can compete internationally was that IMG/Endeavor persuaded CFSA and the Chinese winter sports management center very hard and they finally got these opportunities.

On My Own

Another good news for them is that they get invested by IMG/Endeavor and Adidas!
When I got the news, I kept this secret until it was finalized. But someone in the audience seats waved a flag that contained the information lol😅
The reason why they can compete internationally was that IMG/Endeavor persuaded CFSA and the Chinese winter sports management center very hard and they finally got these opportunities.
Has anyone else got this from team china?

The good news seems to be in the first video at 00:21, with the slogan "China 🇨🇳 come on" haha. And Li/Wang seem to be a great team, hope they can get invested in more for international opportunities, including coaching.

raruki

Has anyone else got this from team china?

The good news seems to be in the first video at 00:21, with the slogan "China 🇨🇳 come on" haha. And Li/Wang seem to be a great team, hope they can get invested in more for international opportunities, including coaching.
Han Yan signed with IMG with the help of Pang and Tong when he was training under their club and their national training camp.
IMG gave him some exposure in the Chinese showbiz business including sending him to some variety shows and collaborating with Chinese pop star Cai Xukun.
But when the national training camp of Pang and Tong was ended by the Chinese sports authority, it seemed that IMG didn't give any extra help to Han Yan anymore.

On My Own

Han Yan signed with IMG with the help of Pang and Tong when he was training under their club and their national training camp.
IMG gave him some exposure in the Chinese showbiz business including sending him to some variety shows and collaborating with Chinese pop star Cai Xukun.
But when the national training camp of Pang and Tong was ended by the Chinese sports authority, it seemed that IMG didn't give any extra help to Han Yan anymore.
So how are Li/Wang and Chen/Xing able to get this now? And why are the top seniors not getting it (if they aren't)?

Karen-W

And both Chen / Xing and Li / Wang got the FD MTS for Worlds! :cheer2:

Now will CFSA send 3 teams to 4CC?
One can hope! Why else would they be sending these teams out to get their TES mins?

I'm crossing my fingers for them, as well as the Pairs teams competing at Golden Spin later this week.

On My Own

I really like them, it's nice to see China picking it back up from where they left off. I hope they are sent to foreign coaches, that's pretty much the only way to get scores in ID for Asian teams.

Hehe, China might yet have a chance at that team medal! And maybe their first ID world medal with Li/Wang, they have loads of potential.

raruki

Chen Xizi/ Xing Jianing
SR FD

Li Xuantong/ Wang Xinkang
JR FD
SR FD

Very proud of ur guys! See u in Colorado Springs!

On My Own

She's supposed to be a Slytherin, I think. :lol:
Well it's all kinds of crack with that program, with "Expecto Patronum!" in the middle there, that's clearly from Harry. Might as well have dressed them up as the real, actual, true endgame OTP. Or made it more crack with Voldemort/Dumbledore. Then it's still Slytherin/Gryffindor.

Not really a fan of those Daphne Greengrass/Harry Potter fics, unfortunately.

Karen-W

LOL - y'all I've never watched a single Harry Potter movie or read any of the books and yet I figured out it was a HP program thanks to the music and the costumes they have. I don't think it needs to be any more crack than it is, lol.

On My Own

LOL - y'all I've never watched a single Harry Potter movie or read any of the books and yet I figured out it was a HP program thanks to the music and the costumes they have. I don't think it needs to be any more crack than it is, lol.
Well all the imaginary wand waving and pointing too.

On My Own

Don't want to distract the other thread ;) But I think Sui Wenjing also is going to release her own memoir soon(?), and I think I saw it has stuff about Shen/Zhao, Han Cong, Jin Boyang, and Peng Cheng.

Rather this says, "Part 3 Sui Wenjing in their eyes". Just saw a reddit thread about a live stream that s/h did, and it claims these people wrote chapters for Sui, so that must be what it is.

• Sui's new memoir is now on pre-sale and will be out in December. She got lots of people including Han, Zhao Hongbo, Peng Cheng, etc... to write short chapters for her book. Han has laid claim to the first autographed copy.

Is that you @otisgear?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information