Big Brother 19 (US)

Susan1

It's like all of these people think Paul is there to help them because he played before. Or he is the teacher and they are the students. Or a boss and loyal employees. If he is in the final three, I hope nobody votes for him to win, even though he is actually running the game. They just wasted their whole summer helping him win.

Freespirit

It's like all of these people think Paul is there to help them because he played before. Or he is the teacher and they are the students. Or a boss and loyal employees. If he is in the final three, I hope nobody votes for him to win, even though he is actually running the game. They just wasted their whole summer helping him win.

Freespirit

I hope Paul takes it to the end and wins. If he is good enough to dupe and manipulate so many people with his social game, he deserves it. I am weary of contestants on both Survivor and Big Brother losing out because of irate jury members who got their feelings hurt.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I was surprised it was Raven, as I thought Kevin was next in line after Alex. Maybe her performance at cornhole freaked Paul into thinking she might actually win one of the crucial comps coming up, whereas Kevin wins nothing.

Word from Hamsterwatch is that Christmas has a bit of a crush on Paul, which I guess explains how he was able to manipulate her into being the deciding vote against Jason. Also apparently Josh being emotional and Paul berating him was staged - I think this is how Paul controls the live show and prepped for a DE by ensuring that Josh was too distracted to go off plan. Note also that when Alex won HOH, Paul FLEW to her to get a word in, the only person who did before she had to make her noms moments later.

Jason will have a lot to say to the jury house and Mark will likely back him up, but at the same time the ones who have been there awhile have had a chance to chill out and accept that they all got played. Bet they are not happy to have the screechfest revived though!

Speaking of, funny how Raven tried to mention "her story" and Julie didn't even ask her how she was doing/feeling, instead zeroing in on her total lack of gameplay.

And on that note, Julie saying what she thinks - check out this official interview re Celebrity BB.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Super interesting insight here - directly quoted from Jokers w some personal shoutouts and exclamations removed, Paul talking to the camera overnight:

I actually pulled it off! I am sh*tting my pants! I made it to F5. Everything
I needed to happen, happened. Blindsided Jason, tricked Alex into putting up Raven and Kevin. Raven went home. Now I convinced Kevin to throw the HoH comp to Cmas but I convinced Cmas to throw the HoH comp to Josh. Now Josh won. Now next week, I'm gonna die, all I have to do is compete against Cmas, Kevin hopefully for the final, the HoH that I need to win the 4 to 3.That's what I've been counting on this whole time. If I win that I guarantee myself a spot in the F3 and I think I can win this game! Without going on the block once this entire season! I've been trying to keep my excitement this entire season but I'm about to.. (Paul does a lil dance) I 100% cried today because it was hard AF. I actually really like Jason, and I really like Raven but f* me I had no choice. So wish me luck. Hopefully if Alex gets clipped this week I'm pretty confident that I will make it to the end. Crazy accomplishment. I've been busting my ass off every week in this game. I've been controlling everything in this game, from day one until right now. And I've been keeping up with you guys so hopefully you wrote me a nice little journal. But I can't f* up next week. I have to win, I HAVE to win.

I'm always amused at players who think they can "plan" who will win HOH and veto from week to week, but it certainly looks like Paul has done it. Having Josh ineligible for the next HOH is really smart - he just has to hope Alex is gone, and he can more than likely beat Christmas and Kevin in any kind of comp.

(And yes, he was actually nominated once, by Cody, but it was nullified thanks to the producers' gift.)

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Josh's daily chats with the cameras in which he calls out Paul and Christmas are the only thing giving me life with the show at this point. I just wish he would bang pots and pans against their heads as they continue to berate him and speak to him like he's a five year old.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Josh wants Paul next to him in the Final 2, and I think this is one scenario where Paul will win. It seems Alex is on her way out this week.

Kevin winning the next HOH is the only way this season doesn't go almost exactly to Paul's plan as of what, 6 or 7 weeks ago now? We all heard the Josh/Paul/Christmas F3 a *long* time ago. I'd be happy with a Kevin win, not thrilled with a Christmas win, and disgusted by a Josh win.

But again, as much as I and the rest of America dislikes Paul, he is the ONLY ONE who has made any moves this season. And if he sensed someone else was going to make a big move, he found a way to get rid of them without putting the target on himself.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I'd have been interested to see how this season had gone if Paul wasn't in the house. His experience obviously helped him in knowing how to control people, I can't imagine everyone would be such sheeps if he wasn't there telling everybody what to do and who to/not to talk to. The season started with a lot of promise but it's been all squashed by Paul controlling literally everyone since.

I wonder how Alex is going to feel when she gets to jury and compares notes with Jason, where he was told in Paul's goodbye message that he was going to ride with Alex for as long as possible (immediately after Josh's message completely contradicted that :lol ). The big question for Paul's win is going to be if the jury simmered down since being evicted. He burned a ton of bridges and pissed a lot of people off.

I know they won't change their ways, but I really hope the producers will look at how disliked this season is and not mix the vets in with the newcomers. The experience advantage (+ producer gifts) is just unfair.

tony

I commented in an earlier thread that the disaster of this season needed to be saved by either an All-Star season or a mid-season edition like they did ~10 years ago. I see they are going for a Celebrity edition as a mid-season premiere. We will see how that goes, but at least they picked up on needing *something*, I guess?

If it's Paul versus Josh in the final, I can't see any of Cody, Mark, or Elena getting over the torture Josh put them through. And I'm guessing with that, Christmas votes for Paul and then he needs only one more person. Clueless Raven and Matt would probably even still vote for him. Alex got saved by Paul and as a true competitor of the game I can't even see her being bitter enough to hand a vote to Josh. So now that I think it out, I think Paul *easily* wins versus Josh.

Last edited:

tony

Reading the latest updates- Paul took Alex separately and told her she was going to be evicted, and he's now crying about it but Christmas and Josh are noting that he's doing all the damage control for the evictees while making them look bad.

And as I suspected, at this point, Alex told Paul that he has her vote. This guy is seriously working wonders on people. I just don't know if Christmas and Josh are smart enough to know he should be the one to go home at F4. I haven't looked that closely into it and don't remember, but is Josh eligible to be HOH again or does he have to sit this one out? A Christmas, Kevin, Paul HOH competition, especially if the producers make it physical, is going to be uneventful.

jamesy

delightful
Josh has to sit out. Whoever is HOH when there are 4 left is allowed to play in the final HOH when it's just 3.

TanithandBenFan

Christmas has stated multiple times that she doesn't mind placing second to Paul. She told Josh she hasn't decided yet who she would take to Final 2 between him and Paul, but I think 90% she would take Paul. She's banking on being asked back again next year to have another chance to win. I would love to see her realize after the game that she is nowhere near being a BB fan favorite.

tony

The latest is that Josh really wants Christmas and Paul to split their votes for Jason and Alex, causing a tie. At that point, Josh wants to play his own game and vote Kevin out-- but he's saying he wants to vote Alex out. He's getting scolded by both Christmas and Paul for talking to Alex, but somehow Paul was allowed to have a whole conversation with her to insure that she's still in his good graces.

I really hope they do split the votes and Josh twists things up. But I'm sure this will all blow over and Paul will get back in his head.

Jenny

From the Bloc
What are everyone's thoughts on America's Favorite Player? If Joker's has their way, it will be Cody both to screw Paul and his sheep and because he was the last person actually playing, and I think Hamsterwatch is rooting for Kevin because he's a nice guy. Some also seem to be rooting for Jason on other sites, but he's dropped on other lists due to some of the stuff he's said, notably his "joking" threat to Kevin's family.

I think it's dawned on Paul that he doesn't have the fans he did last season, but I think Christmas still thinks she's popular (but wow, from reading the transcripts she is one nasty person), and we know Raven thinks America will support her fundraising efforts, and I just read that Alex, realizing she's leaving, is praying on her rosary for AFP :rofl:

I'm hoping it will be any of Cody, Jessica or Kevin just because it will freak out Paul and Christmas especially, but there's always the tv edit and I haven't been watching enough to know how they are being portrayed. Kevin has the advantage of weeks more of air time, but America does love a showmance, and who knows how the producers might try and manipulate things to save this disaster of a season.

Thoughts?

tony

I'd love a top 3 announcement of Cody, Jessica, and Mark. I have a feeling Cody will win it.

mysticchic

The only hope Alex has is if they split the vote and josh sends Kevin home. The feeds go down later today for the eviction and hoh for the eviction on Thurs. The only other good thing would be Kevin winning next HOH or Josh winning veto and that makes him the only vote for the Thursday eviction. Xmas and Paul are keeping a close eye on Josh because of that. Paul has said for the past few weeks this next hoh he has to win. he says he wants to get out Kevin.
Rumor has it for the celebrity edition they want to bring Frankie back. Yuck

smurfy

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertain...l-is-toast-now-jury-wont-vote-for-him-w502369

As much as I hate everyone left in the house, the more I think about it, I hope Paul makes it to the final and a bitter jury denies him the win. That is the only thing, along with Cody, Jess and Mark being AFP top 3, that makes any of this worth it.
This past Sunday episode - so loved how shocked Josh was as he figured things out.
This season needs to be put out of its misery asap.

Please, Please, Please, No Frankie Grande on Celebrity BB. Let it be true celebrities. Previously tv folks really want Gary Busey. I saw him on celebrity apprentice - and he is crazy!

tony

I think Paul wins against Josh easily, and maybe loses to both Christmas (close) and Kevin (probably not close). But it's really going to be the cherry on top of this disaster season if either Christmas or Josh comes away with the win.

Which probably means they will be final 2.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Paul (and Christmas, and I think Dom too) saw how easily Josh can be emotionally manipulated and used that to secure his trust/jury vote, as well as make him their bulldog. I can't see the jury forgetting all the crap he pulled going off on each of them for no apparent reason, slapping pots around etc. Even if he shows that he's figured things out, even if he plays well in the end game, even if they see some likability in him, the fact is he willingly carried out Paul's and Christmas' dirty work with relish. So yes, agree Paul would beat Josh easily.

Christmas did a lot of work early on making friends with everyone, and continues to play nice to their faces despite the nasty bashing she does behind their backs. The key to her potential win will be how much the jury spills to one another, because several of them definitely witnessed how two-faced she has been. Paul has done it too, but done a better job of hiding it, and making it sound like it was other people talking behind everyone's backs while he was "doing his best" for them. She might get a few votes, but I think Paul will beat her in the end.

Kevin had a good social game until Paul decided he was doing too well and Christmas jumped on board in stirring the hating and shunning. His prospects might depend on Jason, who is very bitter, remembering all the time he spent with Kevin and realizing that they were all misted into hating on Kevin. If that works, Kevin for the win.

The one that's up in the air for me is Christmas vs Josh - disaster as you say, but also hard to call. I think neither has a single supporter on the jury, so it would likely come down to voting for the person you hate less. Paul won't have any time to influence them either if he's the F3 boot. That being said, I can't imagine Josh or Christmas taking each other instead of Paul.

mysticchic

I was skimming through some of the PBP and there is a clip of Kevin and Paul talking about if one wins they give the other 150k. that might explain kevin's willingness to sit in solitary confinement all this time.
I love how Paul has been freaking out about the veto comic of him.
If Kevin or Alex would just listen to Josh the other night and Josh wouldn't have had the melt down he could have gotten Xmas or Kevin out. Paul wanted to split the vote to make it look like he tried to keep Alex.
yeah, don't like Frankie. Maybe Johnny or Tara will do it. but people think it might be during the Olympics.

tony

Kevin is the most unlikely for final 2, probably having to win both HOH comps that remain, but I can't see any of Cody, Elena, Mark, or Alex voting for anyone else but him if he's there at the end. I think Elena and Mark have had a long time to compare notes and obviously Cody knew what was up with Paul, so I think they will all vote similarly. But Mark also seems to have some kind of man crush on Paul.

I also think Alex, with her almost sure departure this eviction, will be articulate and precise enough with her explanations to really get some of the people in the jury house to see the light and understand that their demise really came from Paul's actions. If anything, she's probably going to get Jason on her side as well (if he isn't already).

So, I think Kevin wins against all of them. Paul wins only against Josh. Christmas probably beats Josh. And Christmas versus Paul might actually have a lot to do with how mad Alex is at Paul and what she relays to the jury. But probably the closest vote.

TanithandBenFan

Alex has been telling the cameras (and Paul) that he has her vote. She wants to "please" Paul's fans because she thinks it will help her get AFP. She even helped Paul go through scenarios of who he should take to the Final 2. I don't see her ever voting for Josh, Christmas, or Kevin because she has zero respect for their gameplay.

tony

Alex has been telling the cameras (and Paul) that he has her vote. She wants to "please" Paul's fans because she thinks it will help her get AFP. She even helped Paul go through scenarios of who he should take to the Final 2. I don't see her ever voting for Josh, Christmas, or Kevin because she has zero respect for their gameplay.

She must have changed her tune since yesterday, because the feeds I was reading about had her specifically making negative comments about Paul.

They are all so delusional as to America's favorites-- I mean they think Matt and Raven are America's sweetheart couple and Paul thought at one point that Josh was the favorite :rolleyes:. Although I do have to say that I think Alex has been portrayed in a mostly positive light in the TV editing. Much more so than some of the others who are ranking very low online (from those who watch the feeds).

Edit: I see that discussion took place two nights ago regarding F2 and Paul. Alex was NOT happy with Paul yesterday from what I've read. Maybe since he didn't use the veto on her and Josh may have said something about wanting to save her but Paul wouldn't agree to split the vote.

TanithandBenFan

Oh yeah she still hates Paul, but she hates the others too. I think it depends on the conversations she has with the others in jury.

ETA: just read this conversation from last night. I enjoy bitter Alex so much more than her regular self.:rofl:

Paul: I know you don't want to talk to me, but I just have two points to make.

Alex: I don't want to hear it.

Paul: But, I want to tell you two points.

Alex: I understand that, but I don't want to hear it. You're selfish, now go.

mysticchic

Well Paul has been brainwashing them all about how they will make money off of appearances and business. Also, Alex wants to do Survivor or amazing race. xmas feels she will be asked back and so does josh (all thanks to Paul). Paul has also told Josh and xmas that someone in the final 3 gets AFP. Just wait until they all get out.
one of the sites is saying xmas is losing a lot of followers for being so nasty. Paul and his friendship brand is pretty much down. he has under 50k in twitter followers and even less in instagram.
Raven and her mom are going to be in for an even bigger surprise. No more free rides. The Raven bb Fb has someone who knows the family post in the reviews that her mom is being investigated for fraud. The family can't delete the reviews. GP group wants nothing to do with Raven any more. Maybe the inverted spine group might make her the spokeswoman.
Feeds are gone until after the show tomorrow. On Thursday we will know the final 3.

Jenny

From the Bloc
It would be interesting to know how Paul's and Christmas's social followers are up or down, but then again, so many people just follow everyone and forget who they are following rather than bother to update their lists.

And yeah they have been talking about post-BB fame/business opportunities all summer. I guess that's what this has come too - originally players hoped to 1. win $500K or at least the $50K, and 2.get more opportunities on other CBS shows or modelling contracts, but now they all come in with social accounts, businesses and causes in place and hope that this will further their reach. Explains why so many seem to be content to come in 2nd or just making it near the end, and why AFP may be worth more to them than the cash prizes.

Christmas has a business already, Paul does, Jason has some local fame as does Elena, Josh has his family business, Raven has her fundraising schemes. And yet, in most cases, it seems their appearances on BB are likely to do them more harm than good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information