All That Skate 2019, KSPO Dome, Seoul, June 6-8

RoseRed

I'm assuming because this show is put on by ATS, who are responsible for all the Mariah Eunsoo drama

jiejie

It's more than awkward, it's just a bad move by Nathan. ATS didn't just create drama, they slandered Mariah Bell, essentially Rafael Arutunian as well, and by extension USFSA. Unleashing a horrible Korean-fan war against Mariah including death threats against her and her family. To date, they have yet to produce evidence of their bullying accusation, nor any public apology or chastisement of out-of-control fans. Nathan having Rafael as his coach makes it worse, but it would apply even if he had a different coach. Mariah is a fellow USA team mate and under current circumstances, skating in an ATS show is a slap in her face.

Perhaps this gig was set up by Nathan's camp before Worlds, but at this point he should reconsider his participation. That goes for any other Team USA skater and any ATS show, anywhere. If ATS put on a show in the USA, I would not even consider buying a ticket even if Yuna Kim herself was guest star, not until ATS owns up to what it did as an irresponsible corporation. Which will likely never happen.

CaliSteve

It's more than awkward, it's just a bad move by Nathan. ATS didn't just create drama, they slandered Mariah Bell, essentially Rafael Arutunian as well, and by extension USFSA. Unleashing a horrible Korean-fan war against Mariah including death threats against her and her family. To date, they have yet to produce evidence of their bullying accusation, nor any public apology or chastisement of out-of-control fans. Nathan having Rafael as his coach makes it worse, but it would apply even if he had a different coach. Mariah is a fellow USA team mate and under current circumstances, skating in an ATS show is a slap in her face.

Perhaps this gig was set up by Nathan's camp before Worlds, but at this point he should reconsider his participation. That goes for any other Team USA skater and any ATS show, anywhere. If ATS put on a show in the USA, I would not even consider buying a ticket even if Yuna Kim herself was guest star, not until ATS owns up to what it did as an irresponsible corporation. Which will likely never happen.

I think you are putting too much on Nathan.

The ATS appearance was probably arranged way before Worlds. Pulling out could cause even more damage.

Nathan is also very close with Romain and Mariah so if that was an issue it would have been discussed between the three, as well as Rafael.

Sylvia

TBD
ATS had an impressive cast for "All That Skate" last year, too:

Yuna Kim
Virtue & Moir
Papadakis & Cizeron
Patrick Chan
Kaetlyn Osmond
Duhamel & Radford
Jeffrey Buttle
Stephane Lambiel
Young You
Dabin Choi
Eunsoo Lim
Soyoun Park
Yelim Kim
June Hyoung Lee

Tinami Amori

Mariah and Eunsoo will be doing a duet to Chicago as Roxie and Velma. Oh nevermind. It's April 2nd.
That would not be a bad idea in real life, if ATS invites Mariah, as a gesture... Even if Mariah has other shows and declines, it would be smart to do. Yuna Kim might realize it's good for the business and reputation.. imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information