2021 World Team Trophy Ladies SP & FS - Home of the Last-Minute Program Change

Carolla5501

It's a joke. Simon has a history of saying things like "surely he/she/they will be right at the top" before a skater even starts the program and then the skater has a meltdown.
Sadly, there are way too many skating fans that actually believe nonsense like this.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Simon Reed sounds like he is the type of person who constantly asks non-white people “so where are you really from?” :shuffle:
Well, that's because he can tell where white people are from by the accent of their English. ;)

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Just got my poop in a group enough to find the Ladies SP on tv.

Watched Karen Chen. Fall aside.....it appeared to me that she phoned that in.
What was missing IMO was her gorgeous interpretation of the music. She could have been skating to anything.

AxelAnnie

I don't recall having seen Negrello before. I'm not a fan of the grey/millennial pink costume, especially with the grey gloves. But, she landed her jumps, so good for her.
She skated well...........but OMG! get that child to the makeup desk....fast.

AxelAnnie

Re Daleman. Carmen is not a piece of music to skate through. You need to bring the sass.

AxelAnnie

France o what is the One finger thing? She should have a better costume.....with some color. She kind of fades into the ice. She did one move that looked like she was seated on a porta-potty toilet.

AxelAnnie

Schymacher....if you are going to skate to Claire de Lune, you better have the line and nuance that the music requires.
Get thee to a ballet class STAT. Followed by vigorous pilates. She needs to get some flexability!

AxelAnnie

Guttman......goodness...can these girls get some expression in their skating?

Sally1214

Oh Gabby .... :(

Shame that Rika missed her 3Axel.

Shcherbakova put on another show of technical excellence but I have to say she leaves me emotionally untouched.

But, TUK .. that's another story altogether. That 3Axel was like butter and all the rest of the tech stuff was great too. But, better still, she always draws me in ... makes me sit up, lean forward and CHEER her on. There's no doubt that she's my queen in this comp.

Colonel Green

Wedgie

1 Lea SERNA (FRA)
2 Maia MAZZARA (FRA)
3 Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN)
4 Alison SCHUMACHER (CAN)
5 Ginevra Lavinia NEGRELLO (ITA)
6 Lara Naki GUTMANN (ITA)

7 Karen CHEN (USA)
8 Bradie TENNELL (USA)
9 Rika KIHIRA (JPN)
10 Kaori SAKAMOTO (JPN)
11 Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS)
12 Anna SHCHERBAKOVA (RUS)

Karen-W

And thus the 'Cock crows for the final segment of the last major competition of the season.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
An entire first group of unfamiliar free skates. Even Guttman of Italy didn’t get to show her LP at Worlds.
Caveat: Daleman may have something familiar...

And everyone’s excited for the return of Rika’s International Angel of Peace - cobbled from seven cuts of music - in Gp 2!!!

Last edited:

Karen-W

So, apparently Serna is filling our "Great Gatsby" quota this competition.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I really feel for MBM. One of the two French women here will likely be going to Nebelhorn to try and secure that spot for France that MBM would have done if not for the injury. It's possible she will be back on the ice by late September, but I think that's a real long shot. I don't have high hopes for the French ladies at this point. Such a shame for all of them, but for MBM the most.

skatingguy

decently
Serna running out of steam here - it started well. Eulers really do expose a skater's lack of jumping ability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information