2018 NFL Season Thread

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
DH is loyal to the NY (football) Giants. I’m partial to the Vikings and Bears. And, no those aren’t our home teams. We finally spent the money fo Sunday Ticket as we were tired of hunting for pirated streams.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Fly Eagles Fly, on the road to victory....

Well, an ugly win beats a pretty loss. But I think the Philly Special needs a rest now and again:lol:

ilovepaydays

Any thoughts on Week 2? :)

My Saints beat the Browns. Barely. Bless their hearts. :lol:

Meanwhile, Buffalo Bills CB Vontae Davis retired during the game against the Chargers. At halftime. Here is his Twitter statement.

Not sure how I feel about this - I understand if he felt the risk wasn’t worth it anymore. But to quit during the game?

nylynnr

We don't question the timing of sexual assault survivors coming forward. Davis is likely the survivor of blows to the head and many other injuries so I would not question him, either. Everyone has a right to determine their own timing.

Cachoo

Much to my surprise my Chiefs beat the Steelers in their house. I am excited about this team but I've seen collapses before so I am taking it week by week. Their young quarterback and running back are impressive and quite poised given their youth and lack of professional experience.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
The less said about the Eagles the better. Not only a loss, but an ugly loss. :scream:They managed to make Ryan Fitzpatrick look like a world beating QB (sorry Bucs fans).

The good news: my man Carson will return next week. :rollin: O-line, you better let *no one* touch him. No one:D

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Gotta say, I'm enjoying the way my Cowboys have turned their season around after a rocky start :)

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Gotta say, I'm enjoying the way my Cowboys have turned their season around after a rocky start :)
We’re not enjoying how the Giants have turned things around! It would have been better for them to keep losing as they really need a high draft pick. Right now, they’re picking in the middle of the pack.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Any thoughts on Week 2? :)

My Saints beat the Browns. Barely. Bless their hearts. :lol:

Meanwhile, Buffalo Bills CB Vontae Davis retired during the game against the Chargers. At halftime. Here is his Twitter statement.

Not sure how I feel about this - I understand if he felt the risk wasn’t worth it anymore. But to quit during the game?

Geaux Saints with (at this point) home field advantage through the NFC championships! 3 more games in regular season (Panthers, Steelers, Panthers).

Kasey

Cowboys insisted on giving me a heart attack finishing out the season. 4th and 15? Yeah, we'll just throw a 32 yd back of the endzone TD to pull up to down by 1, THEN go for the 2pt conversion instead of playing for the tie??? Holy carp, Batman!

ilovepaydays

So....I’m thinking that my Saints have possibly peaked too soon.....YIKES!

Although having Bridgewater in instead of Brees probably didn’t help.....

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
So happy to see the Cowboys win a nail biter today! They need the momentum going into the playoffs.

Debbie S

Currently halftime for the Ravens. I'm not sure I can breathe during the second half. Jackson can be awesome and he can be...not awesome. At least the Steelers are losing.

Kasey

So happy to see the Cowboys win a nail biter today! They need the momentum going into the playoffs.
Vash, I think you and I have annoyed or irritated each other at times in the past, but by golly, we can agree on "da Boyz"! :)

Debbie S

That was a very scary final 2 minutes but yay that the Ravens pulled it out! Esp since the Steelers came back to win. AFC North champs and 1st trip to the playoffs in 4 years!

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
This season damn near killed me.

But in the words of my man Malcolm Jenkins after today's game:

“We ain’t sneaking in. We kicked the mother f***** door down. We in this party. Nobody wanted us in. But guess what. They gotta deal with us now”

#FlyEaglesFly

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Seahawks play the Cowboys next Sunday in Arlington, TX. Russell Wilson is always dangerous. I hope the Cowboys win.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I'm just shocked that my Bears are still playing. That they made it to the post-season. Shocked.

I visited my cousin in Chicago in September . We watched the Bears game one evening. It was clear that he had no hopes of the Bears winning any games. They did win that night, and now they are in the playoffs. It is time to call him. :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Cowboys are making me very nervous. No defense at all in the last two minutes.
They survived. Got lucky because Seattle’s on side kick was an easy catch for the Cowboys.

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
Holy moley, it's a good thing I have a healthy heart:eek::eek::eek:

The Birds dodged a bullet and I don't care how they did it:D. I believe in St. Nick.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Heartbreak in Chicago. The Bears were in a position to win with a 43 yard FG. Their kicker missed it. The ball hit the left upright, then fell forward instead if crossing the bar. I heard this kucker had missed twi FGs and two PATs in ine game. Why didn't they cut him?

Interesting thing is Seattle probably lost yesterday because their FG kicker got injured in the first half. Today the Bears lost because of their incompetent kicker.

Last year in the superbowl I was rooting for the Eagles. Not this year though. I have a sneaky suspicion that they may make it again this year. Nick Foles is a winner. I couldn't believe they made him a backup this season, after he won the superbowl for them.

Rob

Beach Bum
Ugh, I was rooting against Dallas and Philly and for the Ravens, but I got nuthin' -- guess I'm a Saints fan now.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
KC moves into the championship game.

Go Cowboys!

ETA. Cowboys lost. I am going to root for the Saints now. It will be tough to tough to beat the Eagles, though the Bears almost did last weekend.

Eagles are very strong when Nick Foles is their QB. He was the Super Bowl MVP. The Eagles are stupid to make him a backup QB. They can trade their starting QB and make Foles the regular starting QB.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information