Help me name my new Standard Poodle puppy

Help me name my new Standard Poodle puppy! He's a black/cream phantom. He'll be here in 5 weeks!

• Nyx

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Viper

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Raven

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Apollo

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Zeus

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Loki

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Anubis

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

Judy

Not really, but it's good to start using their name right away if you want them to start learning recall. I used hand signals with my older Poodles as well as voice commands. That's been very helpful as they've lost hearing as they age. Plus, I'll get him microchipped and want the company to have the information. We start puppy kindergarten two weeks after I get him and he should know his name by that point if you've said it about 75 times.
You can always tell when their name clicks in .. 10 days - 2 weeks. I never remember the time exactly except that it’s pretty fast lol.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
I would suggest the Wagnerian Loge if there were too many Loki's around, but it would be mis-pronounced a lot if they're reading it from paper.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
My brother in law had a cat named Axl. The cat deserved the name, too.

sk9tingfan

When I lived in hospital housing, one of my neighbors named Lamb had a back standard poodle named Lambchop! I loved it. He was a very timid dog despite his size. I guess you may have to observe his personality first.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I voted for Nyx. Poodles are very regal, and Nyx was one of the first goddesses. And she's a goddess of the night, which is a perfect for a black poodle. It's short, sweet, and also a Mardi Gras parade!

Plus Loki really is the Jason of names, and at a dog show, you might run into the same problem. I know six Lokis. Four cats, two dogs.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
How about Coco. It's of French origin and can be a boy or a girl name. It's also one of my favorite perfumes by Chanel. :D

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I've narrowed the name down to either Luka or Loki. Both fit the criteria of two syllables, starts with a hard consonant and ends with a vowel. Thanks for all the input. I'll pick him up in two weeks! Then it's a year of lots of work, but after that, it's just keeping him tired out as SPOOs do have a lot of energy. My other two were never really interested in retrieving, although that was the original breed intent. Hopefully this one will be as that's an easy way to keep them moving. Or I'll have to do what I did with Bella and get him a buddy to play with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information