Tara Lipinski's podcast on infertility

mtnskater

Happened to turn on the Today Show this morning and an interview with Tara was featured where she introduced her baby daughter Georgie. I’m so happy for Tara and Todd! And she seemed over the moon. I love how bonded they are with the surrogate too. After such a grueling and heart wrenching journey, a happy ending! Congratulations to them!!

More of the interview is going to be aired in the third hour of Today, so I hit the record button to watch later.

Stefanie

Did the Today Show say how many weeks old the baby is? The People article just said "recently."

Allskate

Did the Today Show say how many weeks old the baby is? The People article just said "recently."
No. I'm guessing that it was the week that they did not have a podcast. That timing makes sense given what Tara has said before and Tara was so very happy in last week's Q and A episode.

I'm so happy for them.

Here's a link to the Today video:

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Some much needed good news in the world! So happy for Tara and Todd. :)

I grew up already knowing I couldn’t have children so will always feel fortunate to have been spared what Tara went through. Much respect and again so glad it’s ended with Georgie!

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Congratulations to Tara and Todd. Also love Georgie’s middle name, Winter (one of my favorite Michelle exhibitions :lol:). Obviously it is for the season and not that.

Last edited:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Karina1974

Some jackass in the comments had to spout off about how Michelle Kwan dealt with these things "more elegantly," whatever that means. Tara handled it very graciously.

Whoever that was got his comeuppance, because Tara posted on Instagram that she and Michelle have actually touched base with each other over her struggles. More than just touched base, it looks like they have become friends. I was Team Kwan back in the 1990's, and seeing that made me very happy.

Allskate

Whoever that was got his comeuppance, because Tara posted on Instagram that she and Michelle have actually touched base with each other over her struggles. More than just touched base, it looks like they have become friends. I was Team Kwan back in the 1990's, and seeing that made me very happy.

Yes. Michelle was one of the small number of people who Tara initially told about the surrogacy pregnancy and Tara kept Michelle up to date. Tara talks in the podcast about how supportive Michelle was and that they talked for hours. Tara was very grateful to her. In retrospect, given what Tara said about a long conversation they had, it sounds like Michelle really encouraged Tara to pursue surrogacy after Tara learned the extent and nature of her medical problems. Also, when Tara first started posting about her podcast on Instagram, Michelle posted a comment saying how Tara was going to help people by doing it. Tara and Michelle clearly respect each other. It's other people who have issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information