"The Iron Butterfly" podcast by Polina Edmunds

Sylvia

TBD
Polina Edmunds has rebranded her podcast and it's now called "The Iron Butterfly" - her IG post (August 28, 2023): https://www.instagram.com/p/CwgK6PMSziU/

THRILLED to announce my podcast rebrand: The Iron Butterfly Podcast🥹

With over 190,000 downloads and counting, I'm SO grateful for the community that's been on this journey with me. Your support keeps inspiring me to dive deep into interviews and competition analyses in the skating world, and I'm stoked to unveil a name that truly resonates with both who I am and the vision I hold.

Back in the 2014 Olympics, I was dubbed the 'Iron Butterfly' by Frank Carroll—a moniker that perfectly captured my graceful skating style with the iron will I kept in competition.

As I look towards sports today, I carry forward that same spirit, championing the idea that we can embody both elegance and strength. Not just in sports, but in our stories, mindsets, and the way we present ourselves. It's about embracing the journey, the complexity, and the allure—the true essence of the evolving Iron Butterfly🦋

Welcome to the era of @theironbutterflypod! New episodes covering the new season, new interviews, and more content coming your way.

You can listen online here:

IG account for her podcast: https://www.instagram.com/theironbutterflypod/

Last edited:

BittyBug

Disgusted
For lack of a better place to put this, I stumbled upon this video of Polina's exhibition performance to Moonlight Sonata from a few months ago:

Her skating skills and musicality are exquisite.

Desperado

Cross-posting here and in the 2023-24 Canadian Pairs news thread...

Limitless Skating: Age is Just a Number (ft. Deanna Stellato-Dudek)
October 17, 2023
Just finished listening to this interview. Great job by Polina as the interviewer. Deanna sounds just as fabulous as I imagined, her mindset is so reality based positive. Kudos all around.

“And the story continues…” Can’t wait!

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I know Polina is a stickler for proper technique, but she's always especially harsh on Isabeau and doesn't have much good to say about her skating. Saying that she should have finished 4th in France was a bit much.

Sylvia

TBD
April 16, 2024:
I chat with 2x Olympic Pair Champion Katia Gordeeva about her life:

-having her first child in between winning two Olympic gold medals

-balancing motherhood while competitively skating and professionally touring

-being a coach to her own daughter and juggling that role

-the American vs. Russian training systems

-her views on current skating

-fitness levels for women in skating

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information