Help me name my new Standard Poodle puppy

Help me name my new Standard Poodle puppy! He's a black/cream phantom. He'll be here in 5 weeks!

• Nyx

Votes: 16 28.1%
  • Viper

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Raven

Votes: 17 29.8%
  • Apollo

Votes: 12 21.1%
  • Zeus

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • Loki

Votes: 26 45.6%
  • Anubis

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters

rfisher

Let the skating begin
My new puppy will be here in 5 weeks. I can't decide on a name. He's a black/cream phantom Standard Poodle. Here's what I've considered. Help me decide!

Jimena

I voted. I know too many Zeus, Apollos and Lokis.

I want a picture of your new puppy! Congratulations!

My neighbor has two Standard Poodles, one black and one cream, father and son. Rondo and Czerny. Rondo (the father) is a handful. But Czerny is much more calm and sweet. They're both gorgeous.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I voted. I know too many Zeus, Apollos and Lokis.

I want a picture of your new puppy! Congratulations!

My neighbor has two Standard Poodles, one black and one cream, father and son. Rondo and Czerny. Rondo (the father) is a handful. But Czerny is much more calm and sweet. They're both gorgeous.
Thanks! He's only 3 weeks old now, but I'll post a pic as soon as he comes home. My other two SPOOS are/were solid blacks. This is my first phantom. One of mine is a :drama: since he was a puppy. The other was much more laid back, but also much more devious. The problem with the breed is the human has to work at being smarter or the dog ends up in charge.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I like Apollo & Loki but not Viper. I wouldn't want him to live up to his name.

JJH

I vote Loki because he's a trickster. You can never tell what a trickster will do. Good? Bad? Both at the same time?

I see @rfisher posted while I was typing, but expressed it better. 2 thumbs up!

quartz

scratching at the light
I feel like Greek god names have been super popular for pets for a while now. Probably Rick Riordan’s fault.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I don't know why exactly. I voted for Raven, Zeus and Loki. ITA with others here. I believe Loki is the choice!

Judy

Congrats on getting your new pup in a few weeks .. let the puppy shenanigans begin 😆🐶😆

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
You can narrow it down by saying “no, name, NO” and “name NO” until you’re certain what you don’t want. Your welcome from my nephew who, unfortunately, let his kids name their dog Nova.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
You can narrow it down by saying “no, name, NO” and “name NO” until you’re certain what you don’t want. Your welcome from my nephew who, unfortunately, let his kids name their dog Nova.
I know others who named their dog Nova and the dog had issues when told NO! And the owners wondered why the dog didn't pay attention to either their name or the command.

Reactions: KCC

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Axel. Or Lutz.
My neighbor has a dog named Axel. He's some kind of guard dog mix and rather fierce.

I voted for Loki (and others) but I do have to say that Loki has become a very popular dog name so it's kind of like naming your kid Matthew. :lol:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I know others who named their dog Nova and the dog had issues when told NO! And the owners wondered why the dog didn't pay attention to either their name or the command.
That definitely could present a problem. My niece named her dog, Rolo, after her favorite candy! Rolo is a brown and silver Schnauzer (face is brown and body is silver), and that name fits him really well.

quartz

scratching at the light
My neighbor has a dog named Axel. He's some kind of guard dog mix and rather fierce.

I voted for Loki (and others) but I do have to say that Loki has become a very popular dog name so it's kind of like naming your kid Matthew. :lol:
One of our town’s police dogs is named Axle (not Axel).
Loki is everywhere.

Last edited:

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Do you have to name your puppy before you get him? With all my dogs, we spent some time with them until the right name came to us. I voted for Raven because when you are mad or in a big hurry, that's easy to say. :lol:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Do you have to name your puppy before you get him? With all my dogs, we spent some time with them until the right name came to us. I voted for Raven because when you are mad or in a big hurry, that's easy to say. :lol:
Not really, but it's good to start using their name right away if you want them to start learning recall. I used hand signals with my older Poodles as well as voice commands. That's been very helpful as they've lost hearing as they age. Plus, I'll get him microchipped and want the company to have the information. We start puppy kindergarten two weeks after I get him and he should know his name by that point if you've said it about 75 times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information