New Amazing Race! Hopefully with stubborn animals!

Skittl1321

I was thinking the wrestlers were lucky to get eliminated. They would have been terrible at this.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Adam and Bethany :wuzrobbed: But good for the scientists. I hope Adam and Bethany make an all stars show.

alexikeguchi

I love the surfers but am delighted with the scientists' win. They (scientists) probably need the money more than the other finalists any way.

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Bethany is actually getting a lot of commercial work since TAR so they didn't actually need the money, but they are incredible young people.I really enjoyed this season of TAR. Good teams, interesting tasks and lots of stubborn animals. :cheer2:

alexikeguchi

Okay, that's a funky idea for next season. What I particularly enjoyed about this season is that just like on Survivor, the contestants played a very clean game with a minimum of antipathy and drama. I hope that the excitement the game generates on its own won't be lost with such a gimmicky concept.

smurfy

I am ok with the winners, and disappointed that Bethany & Adam did not win, and even a little bummed that it was not the dentists.
Good season overall.
Nice to know Bethany is getting work out of this, I found them a lovely couple and so very nice to each other which was nice to see in reality tv.
Even the dentists grew on me, they seem to have a good relationship and appreciate their family.

dardar1126

I was pulling for Adam and Bethany, but am satisfied with the outcome. The scientists never gave up, and fought for everything...good for them! :fan:

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
I kinda wish that memory task had been a team task. Seems it was hard enough to still be hard if it was.

That said, I'm good with the finish even though I was pulling for the surfers - she's amazing.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Happy for Amy & Maya, they pulled it all together for the most important leg, so I have to give them credit. I would have liked to see Bethany & Adam win, but they had such a fantastic run and gained a whole lot of fans and respect. I imagine if the show manages to hang on long enough for another All Stars that they will be considered.

As for next season -- whoever thought that a season filled with all-dating couples would be a good idea needs a reality check. I imagine it will be Bicker City all the way to the end. And for a show that prides it's "winning formula" on the connection and relationship the contestants have with their teammates, having "blind date" teams (FIVE, good lord) almost makes me feel gypped as a fan who has applied for the show a few times (with my cousin) and wasn't selected as we apparently didn't have the type of partnership they were looking for. Now singles get to race around the world with complete strangers? Bleh. I'll still give it a chance, though.

BaileyCatts

A half way cheer for the Scientists as I wanted the Surfers to win, but happy it was the Scientists if it couldn't be the Surfers.

That memory challenge was brutal!! First searching thru thousands of containers to find just 9, but then having to remember the numbers as well and not being able to take any notes during the task?! And did it really take them more than 5 hours to do this or was Evil Dentist kidding when he said something like 'how long we been here, 4 or 5 hours?'. Good grief. I'd still be there trying to remember those numbers. Hey Phil, ya coulda at least let He Wrestler jump thru the window. :p

I don't like the idea of complete strangers being paired up minutes before the race, as I like TAR for the dynamics of the established relationships (well, its okay when its combining All-Stars since we know them from the show). :p I anticipate lots and lots and LOTS of bickering!

skatesindreams

I kinda wish that memory task had been a team task. Seems it was hard enough to still be hard if it was.

That said, I'm good with the finish even though I was pulling for the surfers - she's amazing.

Agreed!
They were wonderful.

Since they won a couple of legs, they will have additional trips to enjoy
I'd love to see them on an All-Stars TAR, as well.

Parsley Sage

Hey Phil, ya coulda at least let He Wrestler jump thru the window. :p

I think Phil should have jumped thru the window before he eliminated them.

Happy with the scientists winning. Would have been happy with the surfers winning too. A win by the dentists would have been ok as they were a strong team. Couldn't have handled the wrestlers winning but seeing them try the last challenge would have been interesting.

PrincessLeppard

Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple
:lol: Just as well the wrestlers were eliminated as they'd never have done the memory challenge. I'd have rather jumped out of the window.

I was thinking the same thing, especially if it was her, because you know he's going to jump out the window. She'd still be wandering around those containers today.

Next season has the potential to become the second season WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DISCUSSED.

sk8pics

I was rooting for Adam and Bethany, too, but as soon as I realized they weren't going to make it, I was rooting for the scientists. They really did do a great job and never gave up. That was a hard challenge!

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Next season has the potential to become the second season WHICH SHALL NEVER BE DISCUSSED.
I'm hoping for at least one FSUer to suck it up and watch so that I can read cliff notes here. Can someone volunteer to take one for the team?

liv

So happy for the scientists. They never gave up, never fought, there was no real drama, and to me were the most "average person" kind of team who ran a clean race. I knew Amy would get the memory challenge correct and when she got out of there first, I was really hoping they'd not get any taxi trouble. Maya was like the little engine that could and pulled Amy along with her, giving her energy when she needed it. Smart girls who didn't need to broadcast anything.

My second choice would have been the surfers, Bethany is absolutely amazing, but I think she proved that before she even started the race. This only solidified her as a role model and her husband is exactly the kind of person you'd want in a partner, supportive and nice.

PeterG

That memory challenge was brutal!! First searching thru thousands of containers to find just 9, but then having to remember the numbers as well and not being able to take any notes during the task?! And did it really take them more than 5 hours to do this or was Evil Dentist kidding when he said something like 'how long we been here, 4 or 5 hours?'. Good grief. I'd still be there trying to remember those numbers.

Didn't each team have a piece of paper? Top left of the page is box one, make five small tears if the number is five. Top right of page is box two, make four tears if the number is four. Right side of page is box 3, 4 and 5. Bottom of page, 6 and 7. Left side of page is 8 then 9. If they didn't have a piece of paper, I would have made scratches with my fingernails on my arms and legs. So maybe an hour at most to complete that challenge??

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
PeterG, they still had to remember the cities in the right order. I think that's where Bethany messed up on the first try. She had all the right numbers, but transposed two cities. I think she second guessed herself on the order for the second try, causing her to put the middle three in the wrong order.

Amy's paper looked fairly crumpled around the edges. Perhaps she used folds or made impressions with her nails.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
You can tell the producers really wanted the surfers to win by having a fecking lifesaving challenge on the last leg, so I'm glad that they didn't end up winning in the end. :p

shan

Congrats to the scientists on a hard won victory! I was pulling for Adam/Bethany, but I can't be upset with the outcome. :) I would have even been okay with the dentists. I appreciate how positive she-Dentist is all the time.

I missed the preview, I didn't want to sit through cbs.com's commercials. So am I understanding that it's all dating couples, including 5 that have just been matched up?? Oh dear..... I'll watch and probably cringe, we'll see.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
You can tell the producers really wanted the surfers to win by having a fecking lifesaving challenge on the last leg, so I'm glad that they didn't end up winning in the end. :p

I assume, like in Survivor , that the challenges are predetermined.

It was perfect for them, though :lol:

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
I assume, like in Survivor , that the challenges are predetermined.

Yes and no for Survivor, which has a lot of flexibility in the challenges they do and when, but my understanding is that challenges on TAR are pretty much set in stone because of all the advance coordination required.

Survivor has their own crew, an isolated location and a contract that allows them to do whatever they want. TAR has to work with the locals.

merrywidow

I found the final to be rather flat & over too quickly. Like many others I was rooting for Adam & Bethany. Very sweet couple. Glad that the Dentists didn't win.

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
I agree with the finale feeling rushed. I think with 4 teams for half the episode, there was obviously less time for the tasks. The final roadblock/puzzle is usually the most tense, exciting moment of the season, and I felt like it was very rushed and not edited for the most dramatic effect. There wasn't really even any buildup to when Amy got the answer correct. No real sense of how long the task took other than he-dentist mentioning the "5-hour" comment, which I think most people couldn't tell if it was a joke or not. Has anybody read anything about how long the task took and how far behind the other teams were?

One other thing that surprised me -- the teams were allowed to drive themselves (at least for part) on the final leg. I would think anybody that close to a million bucks would be a mobile road hazard for all the locals.

Spareoom

But there's not much along the lines of public transportation in LA...I mean, there's taxi's, but to have them drive you all over the city would be crazy expensive and LA is a self-drive culture anyway.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
One other thing that surprised me -- the teams were allowed to drive themselves (at least for part) on the final leg. I would think anybody that close to a million bucks would be a mobile road hazard for all the locals.
They can be disqualified for failure to follow traffic laws (which is why you don't see teams just rocketing from one task to another) and they are never alone--there is always a camera and sound person with them, plus they are being followed by their particular production team (I laughed when the wrestlers made their U-turn and you could see their production car following right on their tail--TAR usually avoids showing such things). I think the teams have plenty of incentive to drive carefully, million dollars or no.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Finally caught up. Bethany is amazing and I'd have been happy for her and Adam to win (hope to see them back in the next All-Stars), but I was really pleased for the scientists. Nice to see a team I could actually relate to physically and reminded me of the Beekmans' "underdog" win.

That said, the cyclists could totally have won, and should be no-brainers for the next Unfinished Business or All-Stars. Not a fan of U-Turn "agreements" so I'm also glad that wasn't what doomed them.

He-Dentist was definitely intense and had a tendency to overestimate himself, but I wasn't rooting against them either in the end. Wrestlers had their funny moments but...nope. I didn't think the editing was set up for them to win anyway.

Next season :scream: I just hope I can stand to watch, that's about as high as my expectations go. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information