New Amazing Race! Hopefully with stubborn animals!

dardar1126

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/22/winners-amazing-race-scientists-amy-maya/

'The Amazing Race' Q&A: How the Scientists became 'TAR' top dogs

By Jodi Walker on Dec 22, 2014 at 7:45PM

Say, if you had been traveling through 20 cities all over the globe with little sleep and more sweat than you knew your body could contain, all while harboring two stress fractures in your pelvis, and then you were asked to deliver a couple of 20-pound bunches of coconuts within a maze of Moroccan vendors while the other people doing the same thing could literally bench press you…y’know, then it might become a challenge to stay true to the version of yourself that doesn’t yell at your partner and start throwing coconuts at innocent Moroccan bystanders. And for Amy and Maya, itwas tough, but overcoming that challenge, and running the race with smiles on their faces and a little hobble in their gait is exactly what won them the race. EW caught up with the Candy Girls to discuss their underdog status and how they hope they inspired viewers.

YIKES, I didn't know her injuries were this serious! :eek:

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

I am glad it is Scientists!! My 2nd choice were Dentists.

I have no love for any one who works as "wrestlers" and even less love who lives like "surfers"...... Surfing is good while one is in college, or as a hobby. When one surfs for a living, its for "fun" and "la-di-da".... Nobody needs surfers' skills after 40..... sol later in life they will be unhappy hippies who were denied a privilege to "living happy go lucky" outside of oh! so evil corporate or business environment. I bet they will vote for any government who will give them every social subsidy from the money it can take away from those who work 14-hour days...... and don't have time surf, or bike or be happy go lucky...... I bet the surfer girl claims "disability'...... I don't know why she has one arm..... probably the shark bit her hand off, while the girl was having fun, but now the government have to support her. And if it was not the shark, then still, with one arm she can have carefree life and later in life claim benefits. Instead she could have learned some serious profession that utilizes only one arm.

PeterG

I'm not a Bethany uber by any measure, but along with being a professional surfer, she is a published author and has 33 credits at imdb.com. I'm betting she could make a good to great living as a motivational speaker when she decides to quit surfing.

P.S. If surfing is for "fun" and "la-di-da"...is figure skating as well?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Her arm was bitten off by a shark when she was 13 years old. To have survived the attack and to have become self-supporting is a tribute to her courage. :rofl: She doesn't depend on government support to make a living. And, most professional surfers are buisnessmen as well. It's actually quite a thriving business. Adam is only a recreatoinal surfer. He's not on the pro circuit and Bethany does limited pro events.

smurfy

Anyone watch 'Celebrity Apprentice'
I hate the Donald, but the show is a guilty pleasure / train wreck.

I hate the Donald even more. Last night - he made a comment - it started with someone mentioning Leeza Gibbons winning awards, and the Donald saying he did not have any, then it was bleeped out - but he basically said F that Amazing Race has won awards - that it was a boring show.
What an %%&$#. I hate him even more.
I think Amazing Race is a great show, and an example of a reality show, with some editing, but does let the events just unfold and we are entertained! And I also would guess that the Amazing Race is somewhat educational too, unlike the Donald. I just needed to vent to people that will understand :)

Can't wait for the new season of AR.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information