Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

TBD
Actually, she doesn't have a quad. She only attempted it once at Junior Worlds.
Noted at the end of Alysa's ISU bio: "Liu is the first female skater to have performed a triple Axel and a quadruple jump (Lutz) in competition in one program (ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid 2019)."

She has not attempted 4Lz in competition since 2020 Junior Worlds.

Sylvia

TBD
Valieva - a snake that lured judges and people into the terrarium (editorial) by Anatoly Samokhvalov (Nov. 1, 2021):

ETA:

Chance to break the monopoly. Why should the whole world be rooting for Tuktamysheva now? By Rustam Imamov (Nov. 2):

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Noted at the end of Alysa's ISU bio: "Liu is the first female skater to have performed a triple Axel and a quadruple jump (Lutz) in competition in one program (ISU Junior Grand Prix Lake Placid 2019)."

She has not attempted 4Lz in competition since 2020 Junior Worlds.
You guys are tough.yep she has slack off on the triple axed and.quad.
When not eating bon bons Alyssa grew several inches....dealt with the lack of ice time...in person coaching and the general insanity of the last year and a half.

Boy what a slacker.

And I don't understand your comment. She did do those things no one can take that away.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Now is the test for Anna and Kromykh

Can Anna finally land a quad ? If she lands at least one here, she will pass Tuk for the 3rd in the running.

Can the stepsister pull another upset against Anna ? Kromykh is not very much liked in this forum, she is criticized for lack of uniqueness (same with Usacheva) that sets them apart from the personalities of Anna, Trusova, Kamila, Alena and Tuk.

If Kromykh does win here, she will be in the running for the Olympics and she can be likened to a wicked stepsister taking out the dreams of Tuk, Anna, Alena or Trusova.

Its all about numbers, so Stepsister Kromykh might pull an upset,
unlikeable and not many pay attaention to her, but her scores and skills are within radius - the darkhorse

umronnie

Chance to break the monopoly. Why should the whole world be rooting for Tuktamysheva now? By Rustam Imamov (Nov. 2):
I have to ask - what does "triple sheepskin coat" stand for? :rofl:

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
It will be interesting to see if Maiia attempts a 3axel. She has said it is almost ready, so no time like the present to get it ready for RN.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Kromykh is not very much liked in this forum
Khromykh is liked just fine in this forum, if you bothered to go beyond the last two seasons. She was very well-liked when she was on the JGP two seasons ago but last season she didn't make much of an impact domestically and no one was talking about her as a result.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Now is the test for Anna and Kromykh

Can Anna finally land a quad ? If she lands at least one here, she will pass Tuk for the 3rd in the running.

Can the stepsister pull another upset against Anna ? Kromykh is not very much liked in this forum, she is criticized for lack of uniqueness (same with Usacheva) that sets them apart from the personalities of Anna, Trusova, Kamila, Alena and Tuk.

If Kromykh does win here, she will be in the running for the Olympics and she can be likened to a wicked stepsister taking out the dreams of Tuk, Anna, Alena or Trusova.

Its all about numbers, so Stepsister Kromykh might pull an upset,
unlikeable and not many pay attaention to her, but her scores and skills are within radius - the darkhorse
Says the one who keeps trying to make "stepsister" happen.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Says the one who keeps trying to make "stepsister" happen.
"Wicked stepsister" at that.... I like Maiia and it's hurtful to hear her referred to like that, but that's life. She is doing her best and is seeing success so I just enjoy her improvements and successes. I even wondered if she should switch countries the year before she competed Juniors internationally (Ideally that's the best time to switch countries, look at Kurakova Ryabova Shabotova, Safonova etc). So I am really happily surprised to see her start making a name for herself.

Maiia is liked on this forum as far as I can tell. But could you please stop referring to her (or anyone) as a "ss"? I can handle it, but others probably don't like it.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Is that the wrong link? I'm seeing a 3lutz/3toe.

To comment on her 3lutz, it's so much worse than 2 years ago. She used to get so much air on her lutz, and now it looks like she's just making the rotation. To me, Scherbakova's skating is regressing, from skating skills to her jumps.
Whoops - the video was skipping at the beginning and I was thinking it was a quad as a result.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Sofia Muravieva learned and landed 3A
This is so exciting! Спасибо, Kazsha! The JGPF is going to be as exciting as the SGPF! Hopefully Veronika Zhilina is recovered and will compete. I'm still dumbfounded that Sofia Samodelkina is not in the final....

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Khromykh is liked just fine in this forum, if you bothered to go beyond the last two seasons. She was very well-liked when she was on the JGP two seasons ago but last season she didn't make much of an impact domestically and no one was talking about her as a result.
Kromykh wasnt that good even in the JGP circuit, shes wasnt talk about much
only the end of last season was she being talked about after landing those quads,

at first everyone thought it was a fluke, but now she is a real darkhorse or can we say wicked ?
out to steal a spot from Liza, Anna, Aliona or Trusova

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Kromykh wasnt that good even in the JGP circuit, shes wasnt talk about much
only the end of last season was she being talked about after landing those quads,

at first everyone thought it was a fluke, but now she is a real darkhorse or can we say wicked ?
out to steal a spot from Liza, Anna, Aliona or Trusova
Two years ago I posted on another forum that of all the Eteri girls, WHY did Eteri pick Maiia to be in her Team? But at the time I also posted that I trust Eteri to recognize greatness or its potential. She's the coaching expert, not I. I've slowly watched Maiia improve amidst what had to have been a very intimidating and self-confidence stripping experience "growing up" with the 3A and Kamila, and I have a soft spot for her. When she finally landed those quads at RCF I was SOOOOO happy for her. Just two weeks earlier Evgenia Medvedyeva as team captain at 1tv Trophy rudely complained that their loss was due to Maiia. How demoralizing. I'm Team Maiia. She's coming into her own, and it's great to see. She is still just 15 after all.

Scott512

Khromikh landed all the jumps but her program was not interesting to me. It was one jump after another. I think Anna with one quad can beat her.
Maia is 2 years younger than Anya she will become more interesting as time goes by.

Anna wll need to land a quad to beat her. And we will no soon if Maia is a real threat for the Olympic team

Last edited:

Scott512

Two years ago I posted on another forum that of all the Eteri girls, WHY did Eteri pick Maiia to be in her Team? But at the time I also posted that I trust Eteri to recognize greatness or its potential. She's the coaching expert, not I. I've slowly watched Maiia improve amidst what had to have been a very intimidating and self-confidence stripping experience "growing up" with the 3A and Kamila, and I have a soft spot for her. When she finally landed those quads at RCF I was SOOOOO happy for her. Just two weeks earlier Evgenia Medvedyeva as team captain at 1tv Trophy rudely complained that their loss was due to Maiia. How demoralizing. I'm Team Maiia. She's coming into her own, and it's great to see. She is still just 15 after all.
I think Maya used what happened at the team event as motivation. Now she's just the right age to explode on the scene the way Tara did at 15 and Alina did at15 and Yulia did at 15 and Oksana did at 15!

The problem for Maya is there are legitimately 6 or 7 ladies for 3 spots with the Russian Olympic team. She would have to really hit it big maybe even add a 3rd quad to make the team.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
I think Maya used what happened at the team event as motivation. Now she's just the right age to explode on the scene the way Tara did at 15 and Alina did at15 and Yulia did at 15 and Oksana did at 15!

The problem for Maya is there are legitimately 6 or 7 ladies for 3 spots with the Russian Olympic team. She would have to really hit it big maybe even add a 3rd quad to make the team.
See, I think she will have her three quads even this week. Plus she's said her 3axel is near ready too. What I believe in Maiia is there is a confidence issue. And frankly, I relate to her. I was never the most talented, or the smartest, or much of anything to be honest, but I still put myself around greatness and super talented/smart people. I learned through osmosis. And whenever I had an opportunity to shine like Maiia did in Budapest, that was all I needed to take the next step in my confidence level. I have far more gold medals or blue ribbons in my lifetime than I ever deserved, but I was also always there ready to go and always prepared. Plus I have nerves of steel and am a steely competitor. So I can see Maiia running with this new confidence and doing clean programs with ultra jumps with little problem from here on out. If it were I, that win would put me in 'fierce' mode, and I wouldn't count myself out for the Olympic Team. Hopefully her win over Anna 'flipped the switch' in her head and she can go out there confident and without nerves.

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Maiia can earn a spot just like everyone else, no stealing or wickedness involved.
wicked as in mischiveous, she is playing the spoiler
for other skaters with the X Factor (LaTuk, Trusova, Anna and Alena) that may not make the Olympics team because of her (hence stealing their spot).

Scott512

See, I think she will have her three quads even this week. Plus she's said her 3axel is near ready too. What I believe in Maiia is there is a confidence issue. And frankly, I relate to her. I was never the most talented, or the smartest, or much of anything to be honest, but I still put myself around greatness and super talented/smart people. I learned through osmosis. And whenever I had an opportunity to shine like Maiia did in Budapest, that was all I needed to take the next step in my confidence level. I have far more gold medals or blue ribbons in my lifetime than I ever deserved, but I was also always there ready to go and always prepared. Plus I have nerves of steel and am a steely competitor. So I can see Maiia running with this new confidence and doing clean programs with ultra jumps with little problem from here on out. If it were I, that win would put me in 'fierce' mode, and I wouldn't count myself out for the Olympic Team. Hopefully her win over Anna 'flipped the switch' in her head and she can go out there confident and without nerves.
It's an interesting post and I think you're right about Maya through osmosis getting better and more confident just like you did in real life That's a very hard step for everybody to take if they aren't naturally confident in themselves.

As for Maya adding a 3rd quad and potentially a triple axle this season then you're talking about KV territory. And she almost beat KV at the Russian cup final and many think she should have won that event.

giselle23

Actually, she doesn't have a quad. She only attempted it once at Junior Worlds.
That is not true. She did it at US Nationals in 2019 and 2020, at the Junior Grand Prix, at the Aurora Games a few years ago. And I would have to look back but I think also, at her JGP events in the 2019-20 season, both of which she won. I also could be wrong, but I think she also did the jump twice in some of her programs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information