#TeamTrainwreck 24: For the weirdos and the dreamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

Way too late - Free Dance GP USA

C/Y. Her mouth is often way too much in that program. So distracting.
S/F. Love the opening with choreo sequence skating away from judges. For once, decent look on both (not including her hair in this statement). The skating is a one-way-regress-route unfortunately.
K/K. Eyebrows :glamor: Love the Geisha-voiceovers :love: It's one of my fav soundtracks ever, interesting seeing it finally in dance - not sure I liked though. Costumes big dislike.
K/S. First half was totally okay for me, but after the music cut :scream: Costumes - however they connect to program.
M/B. Stunning look on her :glamor: Not sure about his pyjamas. I mourn their stunning FD of the last 2 seasons, but they progress quite nicely and I totally see them being contenders for the majors, when the Top3 are gone.
S/D. #teamkirill
FB/S. This is different. Not sure what to think of that FD. Have to make up my mind.
C/B. I just can't pmaol about Bates' chest size in that costume. I think I'd preferred a real cool, avant-garde Daft Punk program. Unsure about Alien-whatever-story. Not sold.
H/D. Hate hate hate his costume. Well, this is decent but not sold either. I am all-in for Guignard/Fabbri bronze and Babs totally losing her shit :D

Do-Hard: Morozov, Sorensen
Best dressed: Sorensen

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Way too late - Free Dance GP USA

C/Y. Her mouth is often way too much in that program. So distracting.
S/F. Love the opening with choreo sequence skating away from judges. For once, decent look on both (not including her hair in this statement). The skating is a one-way-regress-route unfortunately.
K/K. Eyebrows :glamor: Love the Geisha-voiceovers :love: It's one of my fav soundtracks ever, interesting seeing it finally in dance - not sure I liked though. Costumes big dislike.
K/S. First half was totally okay for me, but after the music cut :scream: Costumes - however they connect to program.
M/B. Stunning look on her :glamor: Not sure about his pyjamas. I mourn their stunning FD of the last 2 seasons, but they progress quite nicely and I totally see them being contenders for the majors, when the Top3 are gone.
S/D. #teamkirill
FB/S. This is different. Not sure what to think of that FD. Have to make up my mind.
C/B. I just can't pmaol about Bates' chest size in that costume. I think I'd preferred a real cool, avant-garde Daft Punk program. Unsure about Alien-whatever-story. Not sold.
H/D. Hate hate hate his costume. Well, this is decent but not sold either. I am all-in for Guignard/Fabbri bronze and Babs totally losing her shit :D

Do-Hard: Morozov, Sorensen
Best dressed: Sorensen
:lol: If the Italians snuck in for a bronze medal, Babs would rip it out of their hands and just give them her stop watch instead.

SamuraiK

My understanding is that PCS will make the difference between two skaters with equal or very nearly equal TES, but was never going to offset a significant TES difference. And a large BV gives a skater a huge advantage.
The point is that when is the reverse scenario, a skater with a big component advantage (Satoko for example) that advantage is simply not enough to make an impact in the results due to the current PCS scale and weight in the scores.

SamuraiK

I have a question, maybe it’s been answered.... I try to follow as best as I can but I noticed that when Trusova lands jumps her waist is bent forward and her chest is pointing towards the ground, why would she get positive grades of executions for landing bent like that? I don’t know, maybe this is not considered GOE? Or skating skills…
GOE guidelines
Jump landed + crappy technique + skater with high reputation = big GOE
Jump landed + great technique + Obscure skater = small GOE
Jump with mistakes (step out, two footed) + high reputation skater = slightly negative GOE
Jump with mistakes (step out, two footed) + obscure skater = buried in the scores.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Ewww, fine to celebrate but the previous ones were much better and fitting to the program.
I don't know what Moskvina is thinking this year. Costumes, music, programs....they're a mystery. And she takes ownership for all of those.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
This isn't new. She gave B&K James Bond muzak and "My Way" before. She's a great coach, but let's face it, some of her program choices have been off!

SamuraiK

As she said in interviews. she's old enough to be shameless. Nothing wrong with that.

That costume however looks as if they dont care anymore to portrait the charachter.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Back to more #ttw business:
Kondratiuk, Gumennik and Mozalev at CS KAZ this weekend! The :gallopin1 potential with this line-up! 😍
And, for those of us in the US, they'll skate in the early morning and Skate Canada in the late evening. Naps in between.

mjb52

I like the hair but the eyebrows frighten me a little. I'm not saying that's a bad thing.

SidelineSkater

🚨🚨🚨🚨 Irina Lux is now a redhead 🚨🚨🚨🚨

This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.

Um. The six queens in RuPaul’s Vegas Show from last week had on less makeup - combined. And less eyebrow work too.
Have you gone mad? Smart and Diaz I think we’re my favorite of the competition
I was surprised how much I liked them! They really got the crowd going. Sucker for sound effects I guess. Although I’m all about Sara’s hair. In the end does it matter? Either team will probably end up 10th-11th at the Olympics.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
If Samarin knocks Brown off the podium this weekend, the board will explode and I will be :rofl:
Whoa, lay off the drinky-drinky there during working hours on a Wednesday. This level of delusional aspirational thinking shouldn't happen until at least Thursday evening. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information