#TeamTrainwreck 21: Ride until the fantasy ends!

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Let's face it. Those pair spots are just waiting for a couple or three or four Russian juniors to make the jump to the senior ranks. To say nothing of Khuda for dance.

Vagabond

Hee-hee. What is the medal requirement???
Rules:
1) Worlds/Olympic medalists and Euro/4CC's champions are not eligible
2) Multiple Euros/4CC's medal winners are not eligible

Somehow, they have two 4CC's medals. This shows how low the standard is for exclusion due to Rule #2 and how great the heartbreak is that some skaters already on the Team like Big Bro and Cave In, for example, show no sign of leaving any time soon.

S

SmallFairy

I’m not that into dance, so I’m not infiltrating that discussion;)

As for pairs, if Austrians didn’t break your heart at Euros, well... :wuzrobbed 💔
I’ve advocated for their heartbreak on several occasions, but maybe I’m all alone in this?
#zieglerkiefer4ever

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind if the Knierems made the team. So much more heartbreak and drama and trainwreck than most of the other pairs here ever delivered, particularly Mari Vartmann. :shuffle: I mean, her biggest moment ever in this thread was electric toothbrush product placement on her insta stories...

The trouble with the "heartbreaking" requirement is that there are so few hearts that count. :lol:

Epic. :rofl:

Last edited:

Rhumba d’Amour

Whst

Here's where the Ks are with some of the other criteria:

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level

I submit their 2016 4CCs silver medal free skate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RRpaAiyaiQ&t=10s); also this year's SP at Nationals.

Full-package potential has (occasionally) been there!! :bloc: :biggrinbo

2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program

Look no further than this year's Nationals SP and this year's 4CCs SP: In 2 weeks, we go from the sublime to the terrible ....

3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again

No matter how bad things have gotten, the Ks keep coming back yet again to try to land those SBS jumps! :lol:

4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

There is no doubt they qualify in this category! :biggrinbo

Note, I am not seriously invested here, but I just think there should be more pairs/ice dancers!!

Here's where the Ks are with some of the other criteria:

Criteria:
1) Skater needs a complete package to potentially be a top skater at Euros/4CC's/Worlds/Olympic level

I submit their 2016 4CCs silver medal free skate (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RRpaAiyaiQ&t=10s); also this year's SP at Nationals.

Full-package potential has (occasionally) been there!! :bloc: :biggrinbo

2) Skater needs to have the ability to absolutely rock one day and splat the day after. Even better: rock and splat during one program

Look no further than this year's Nationals SP and this year's 4CCs SP: In 2 weeks, we go from the sublime to the terrible ....

3) Skater is not afraid of breaking one's heart over and over again

No matter how bad things have gotten, the Ks keep coming back yet again to try to land those SBS jumps! :lol:

4) Skater needs more splat/messy performances than great ones

There is no doubt they qualify in this category! :biggrinbo

Note, I am not seriously invested here, but I just think there should be more pairs/ice dancers!!
What about a nomination for the US Pairs Program as a whole? There is undoubtedly some talent there, and some folks with world-class elements ( though never all in the same place at the same time), but there are also notable coaches, a lack of overall direction, plenty of soap opera, hair (and lack thereof), interesting costume choices, and a truly impressive range of bizarre on- and off-ice behavior. Hearts have been broken again and again. Is it possible for an entire program to ride the train?

Last edited:

Mad for Skating

Susie = Ksenia Stolbova (from Google Translate) [archaic]

Archaic? She's been retired for a week and you're already treating her like she's as old as Cleopatra!

Definitely need more pairs and ice dancers on this train!

Wouldn't the Knierims qualify?

Well, Bossman is determined to be a grinch about the whole thing, but I'd support this nomination 100%. Might I remind everyone of the spin calamity at Four Continents a few weeks ago?

1. I’d suggest the Austrians , but doubt that they are really heartbreaking..
I’m not that into dance, so I’m not infiltrating that discussion;)

As for pairs, if Austrians didn’t break your heart at Euros, well... :wuzrobbed 💔
I’ve advocated for their heartbreak on several occasions, but maybe I’m all alone in this?
#zieglerkiefer4ever

I find the Austrians very heartbreaking! They have great packaging but they always end up just short of a medal. And you can't say they have too much Euros/Worlds hardware.
I'd strongly recommend Calalang/Johnson for the watchlist. No 4CC medals yet, but lots of potential, feelsy programs, and chaotic jumps.
What about Della Monica/Guarise? They definitely checked off the boxes for potential and booty :)
I refuse to shut up until we get a few pairs on this team!

clairecloutier

What about considering the US Pairs Program as a whole, for a sort of collective nomination? There is some talent there, some great elements (though never all in the same program at the same time), plenty of heartbreak of the soap opera variety, hair (and lack thereof)

I support this 100 percent, no, make that 1000 percent. :D (Yes, I've had a large glass of wine tonight, therefore, my mathematical incompetence should be excused. :saint: )

J

Jeschke

What about a nomination for the US Pairs Program as a whole?
Well, we know entire US pairs program is a wreck.
As we know french fed is.
As we knew german ladies 3a is.
No team membership. I give it to you, it's not written in the rules anywhere, but here it is :p

J

Jeschke

I refuse to shut up until we get a few pairs on this team!
Dear train riders,
I want to remind everyone, that we are not in desperate need of getting a longer member list!
We are E-L-I-T-E! I know it sucks for pairs and even more for dance but that does not mean we have to go down the list to #58274589 to finally get someone in!
(actually I think in pairs we have 3-4 coming up/close, in dance, well we'll always have Khuda)

As we all know, there is intruder-status in #ttw.
Everyone has him/her very own fav's (incl heartbreak)
Bossman has Samarin, @Laney has junior, @SmallFairy has Hase/Seegert. No one cares about medals, massive (overall) heartbreak or real champion potential.
I know it's hard to follow the footsteps of intruder-legends like Freed, Weinzierl, 1930's or Queen U!
But that doesn't mean you don't have to try! Most of the intruders we are cheering with the same energy, though knowing they don't really belong in here.

J

Jeschke

but I'd support this nomination 100%.f the boxes for potential and booty :)
To end the Knierims discussion: 4CC's medals 2014 and 2016.
No one cares it was an olympic year. The only medal we don't care about regarding team membership is olympic team or WTT!
So, they have no chance! Denied!
Intruder it is!
Austrians!
Jumpy layout reduced to 3t2t2t (meh, they had a lutz), shit twist, wonky lifts, he did not get it her up of this knee slide lift half the time this season. They just don't have the complete package. Denied!
Intruder.
I'd strongly recommend Calalang/Johnson for the watchlist.
Watchlist?
We know you had some rough time latey, but I am sorry, watchlist is as archaic as Susi now :drama:
What about Della Monica/Guarise?
They are actually a good consideration. Not entirely this season where they are a shadow of their former selves. But let's hope they come back strong next year!
I am still not ready to give up on #teamitaly for bronze 2022! (incl Kostner 3t2t, 3s 2a SP) :cheer:

Last edited by a moderator:
S

SmallFairy

Jumpy layout reduced to 3t2t2t (meh, they had a lutz), shit twist, wonky lifts, he did not get it her up of this knee slide lift half the time this season. They just don't have the complete package. Denied!
Intruder.

When they hit, they are world class

Empress and Bruno won OG with 3s2t2t ;)

This years LP was such a step forward. Great mood created.

You can focus on all the good stuff they do (3z throw), or all that's not that stellar (twist...) ;)

But I get it, they might be too vanilla. No IG fun, just cute lovebirds, icecreams and doggies.

BUT they are back now, after the horrid season last year, with Ballister's death, and I have given them some slack in the complete package department after that. At Euros, they were back in the complete package-club, IMHO. Of course, nerves threw them off in the home soil FS.

How long after they are now denied do I have to wait, before campaigning for them again? :D :gallopin1

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information