From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

I'm not certain there are any elite singles figure skaters who don't have recurrent back problems.
Her parents know and confirm it. Tursy-mom is always dramatic, but her father is pretty calm.

This is his statement. https://www.instagram.com/p/B185VWBAqIE/

The vigorous summer preparation for the upcoming season is concluded. Lots of hard work has been put in by the TeamTutberidze, for which we are very grateful. Two programmes, that are complex and exceptional, have been created and tests (on the ice) by our Elizabeth. The short programme is “Dance Macabre” by Camille Saint-Saens and the free programme is Piano Concerto #2 by Rachmaninoff.

My true hopes are that soon we all will witness two superb performances by our Elizabeth at the Grand Prix and other international competitions.

There is a negative side to any competitive sport which is unavoidable, it can even be said there are “chronic” injuries which one never knows when they will flair up. It is impossible to get used to to them or to predict them. Even during the last and a very successful season, our Elizabeth twice had serious injuries, but we managed to successfully handle them.

Unfortunately, at present there is a need for treatment, and doctors predict a positive result, but it needs time. Therefore we decreased the intensity of training in order to heal and be to be ready for the upcoming season.

We feel the strong support from the National Olympic Committee and from the Akimat Kyzylorda (region's official). Dear friends, we thank you for your concerns about Elizabeth. Let’s all wish our deary loved (girl) a prompt recovery so that together we can enjoy her performances in the new season.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I think I will enjoy Tutberidze’s style of Dance Macabre. Not sure about Rakhmaninov; it will be hard not to compare it with Mao Asada’s program, and in that comparison Tursynbaeva doesn’t have a chance. We will see.

Tinami Amori

Elena Ilinykh and Sergei Polunin. "Rasputin" has another gig in Hong-Kong. March 02, 2020.

Elena is posting some fotos of her ballet training.

Elena and Sergei were recently in Italy, where he performed in his "Romeo and Juliette" Ballet.
Carolina Kostner attended. Some fotos.

Currently they are both in Romania (on what project is unspecified).

Tinami Amori

PumaRussia is hosting "on-line training and questions/answers session" with Alina Zagitova. Wed. Sept 4th.
Link in VK (in Russian); https://vk.com/wall-25944497_97987

The event starts at 14:00 Moscow time. You can find the video link in the apps/PUMATRAC.
Вы можете найти её в приложении PUMATRAC завтра с 14 часов по московскому времени!

Tinami Amori

Elizaveta Tuktamysheva posted a short video clip:
Her goal this season - is to have fun and enjoy skating. when you have fun - you perform better. she hopes to make the world team as well, and to go places, see the world; challenges inspire, there is always room to progress.
:D - one comment: "If not for figure skating in my life (and the discipline) who knows what kind of slobber i would become".

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Her parents know and confirm it. Tursy-mom is always dramatic, but her father is pretty calm.

This is his statement. https://www.instagram.com/p/B185VWBAqIE/

The vigorous summer preparation for the upcoming season is concluded. Lots of hard work has been put in by the TeamTutberidze, for which we are very grateful. Two programmes, that are complex and exceptional, have been created and tests (on the ice) by our Elizabeth. The short programme is “Dance Macabre” by Camille Saint-Saens and the free programme is Piano Concerto #2 by Rachmaninoff.

My true hopes are that soon we all will witness two superb performances by our Elizabeth at the Grand Prix and other international competitions.

There is a negative side to any competitive sport which is unavoidable, it can even be said there are “chronic” injuries which one never knows when they will flair up. It is impossible to get used to to them or to predict them. Even during the last and a very successful season, our Elizabeth twice had serious injuries, but we managed to successfully handle them.

Unfortunately, at present there is a need for treatment, and doctors predict a positive result, but it needs time. Therefore we decreased the intensity of training in order to heal and be to be ready for the upcoming season.

We feel the strong support from the National Olympic Committee and from the Akimat Kyzylorda (region's official). Dear friends, we thank you for your concerns about Elizabeth. Let’s all wish our deary loved (girl) a prompt recovery so that together we can enjoy her performances in the new season.

One thing that I’m greatly admiring about Tursy this season: she’ll be skating both programs to traditional classical music! How often do we see that?

Ka3sha

Channel 1 interview with Evgenia Medvedeva and Ilya Averbukh

She was training in CSKA before the test skates, he came there to help her with her Muse SP

Channel 1 interview with Sofia Samodurova:

barbarafan

Channel 1 interview with Evgenia Medvedeva and Ilya Averbukh

She was training in CSKA before the test skates, he came there to help her with her Muse SP

Channel 1 interview with Sofia Samodurova:
so glad he was able to do that. His skills at bringing out all the details and emoting are superb and as it is his creation he can make sure his intent comes across well. That music is among my favourites.

Tinami Amori

Pre-season short clip and interview with Sofia Samodurova (on Russia Channel 1)
  • Her legs were shaking when she learned her score which made her a European Champion.
  • Her voice: After this past "explosive" season it was hard for me to get back into shape, going through puberty hit me, all together, in the head, in the body, my behavior, reactions to what others say... all is so emotional, it was hard, had to work on it, but quite sure i will be alright (i'll make through it).

Mad for Skating

Goldenskate article on Boikova/Kozlovskii : We do feel progress
(+ Moskvina’s and Minchuk’s thoughts)

So excited! I think they’re a very talented young pair with a bright future.

well...... as long as her daughter and husband love it as well... :D i am sure they do. many people would love to have a mother like her on their side.

I know the feeling. My mom can be a bit of a circus sometimes but at the end of the day, she’s the best.

Ka3sha

Pictures from Novogorsk

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
Does anyone have a link for the Russian test skates?

Yes, if anyone has a link, 🇷🇺 mama will be very grateful !

I think I have successfully set up VPN in Chrome using the SetupVPN add in.
I seem to be able to watch videos on the channel 1TV.ru now.
If this has worked, that is the easiest VPN I have ever used!

Here is the schedule for tomorrow
Z/G skate 2nd after Drozd in the first group of dancers

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Test skates, entries list and the draw:

Ice Dance
1st group
Konkina/Drozd
Zahorski/Guerreiro
Shpilevaya/Smirnov
Skoptsova/Aleshin

2nd group
Shevchenko/Eremenko
Sinitsina/Katsalapov
Morozov/Bagin
Evdokimova/Buzin
Popova/Mozgov

Men
Makar Ignativ
Roman Savosin
Mikhail Kolyada
Sergei Voronov
Andrei Lazukin
Dmitri Aliev
Aleksandr Samarin

Pairs
1st group
Efimova/Korovin
Tarasova/Morozov
Mishina/Galkyanov

2nd group
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Stolbova/Novoselov
Boikova/Kozlovskii

Ladies
1st group
Sofia Samodurova
Elizaveta Tuktanysheva
Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova

2nd group
Anna Scherbakova
Stanislava Konstantinova
Aliona Kostornaia
Aleksandra Trusova

Stepanova/Bukin and Zabiiako/Enbert won’t be able to take part in the test skates due to Aleksandra’s and Aleksander’s injuries.

Bigbird

Test skates, entries list and the draw:

Ice Dance
1st group
Konkina/Drozd
Zahorski/Guerreiro
Shpilevaya/Smirnov
Skoptsova/Aleshin

2nd group
Shevchenko/Eremenko
Sinitsina/Katsalapov
Morozov/Bagin
Evdokimova/Buzin
Popova/Mozgov

Men
Makar Ignativ
Roman Savosin
Mikhail Kolyada
Sergei Voronov
Andrei Lazukin
Dmitri Aliev
Aleksandr Samarin

Pairs
1st group
Efimova/Korovin
Tarasova/Morozov
Mishina/Galkyanov

2nd group
Pavliuchenko/Khodykin
Stolbova/Novoselov
Boikova/Kozlovskii

Ladies
1st group
Sofia Samodurova
Elizaveta Tuktanysheva
Evgenia Medvedeva
Alina Zagitova

2nd group
Anna Scherbakova
Stanislava Konstantinova
Aliona Kostornaia
Aleksandra Trusova

No Stepanova and Bukin? Was Alexandra's back such a problem?

Tinami Amori

Kamila Valieva joins 'Sambo-70 Dog owner's club'. Fans gave her a puppy. named Leo (Leva).

Amy L

Amy L

Yes, if anyone has a link, 🇷🇺 mama will be very grateful !

I think I have successfully set up VPN in Chrome using the SetupVPN add in.
I seem to be able to watch videos on the channel 1TV.ru now.
If this has worked, that is the easiest VPN I have ever used!

Thanks for the link. I downloaded it, so we'll find out how well it works in 40 minutes!

Yehudi

AITA
Apologies if the link already has been posted.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information