The Dance Hall 7: Tripping the Light Fantastic 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

Someone clarified on GS that the person involved in the 2nd accident posted about on Kaliszek & Spodyriev's instagram was their coach, Jacek Jankowski. (And it looks like the original facebook post has been updated to add more clarity?) Anyway, best wishes to both Jacek & Spodyriev in their recoveries; but it is good to know that physically Kaliszek & Spodyriev have only the 1 health hurtle to tackle this preseason.

Last edited:

RoseRed

Lots of updates from the Montreal team courtesy of Gigi Cournoyer's Instagram.

New teams training there
  • Hannah Lim & Ye Quan (KOR) EDIT: the post now says they will represent Canada
  • Rikako Fukase & Oliver Zhang (JPN)
  • Holly Harris & Jason Chan (AUS)
  • Victoria Verelli & Liam Lewis (CAN)

Other updates
  • Alicia Fabbri & Paul Ayer (CAN) have switched to them
  • Tina Garabedian & Simon Proulx Senecal (ARM) are back together

As far as I know, the only teams who are brand new to Gadbois are Fabbri/Ayer and Lim/Quan. Rikako Fukase, Jason Chan, and Tina Garabedian were all already skating there while looking for new partners, and Victoria Verrelli was competing in novice last season with her old partner.

If Fisher/Malette-Paquette have split as was rumoured, Fabbri/Ayer could be seen as sort of taking their place, since the two teams were in very similar positions.

Last edited:

Dobre

Ice Dance Drama Update:
(Additions since my last posting of this are in bold).

Splits:
The Parsons
Khudaiberdieva & Nazarov
Green & Green
Ivanenko & Karpov
Gropman & Somerville
Kuts & Mikhailov (She is on IPS)
Ichilov & Davidovich (He is on IPS)
Moscheni & Fabbri (He retired)
Polishchuk & Shamraev (She is on IPS)
Orihara & Royer
Stairs & Graham (unconfirmed)
Matthaei & Pfisterer (She was on IPS. She is now off it).
Elder & Elder (They are off the Team Envelope list)
Haines & Koszuta (He was on IPS. He is now off it).
Peterson & Schuster (She is on IPS)
Wolfkostin & Zhao (He is on IPS)
Efimova & Petrov
DelCamp & Gart
Semenjuk & Gruzdev
Oliver & Paleev (unconfirmed)

New Teams:
Green & Parsons
Min & Eaton
Khudaiberdieva & Filatov
Ivanenko & Ukin
Zhukova & Karpov
Wolfkostin & Chen
DelCamp & Somerville
Garabedian & Proulx-Senecal (back together)
Carhart & Vlasenko
Roy & Pietrantonio (representing Italy)
Fukase & O. Zhang
Pate & Bye (unconfirmed)
Harris & Chan (representing Australia)
Ling & Wein
Peterson & Pfisterer
Luft & Schuster
Shilling & Petrov
Buckley & Spiridinov
Lavrova & Gart
Orihara & Pirinen
Song & Prachnov
Oliver & Andari

Retirements:
Ekaterina Bobrova
Joti Polizoakis
Cecilia Torn
Andrea Fabbri

Not competing the GP and/or this season:
The Shibs confirmed they are not competing this season.
Weaver & Poje confirmed they are not competing the CS/GP portion of the season at the least.

Coaching changes:
Caruso moved to Berlin and is now an official German fed coach.
Koch & Nuchtern moved with Caruso.
Wagret & Souquet moved to Zoueva.
Chris Reed appears to have been coaching in Japan with Cathy. (I couldn’t read the instagram message linked with the post about this so I don’t know exactly what was posted regarding this, i.e. whether the reference to coaching there was short-term or long-term. Feel free to enlighten me if you know).
Davis & Smolkin moved to Shpilband/Camerlengo.
Muller & Dieck moved to Krylova.
Fabbri & Ayer moved to Gadbois.
Matteo Zanni moved to Chicago.
Taschlerova & Taschlerov moved with Zanni & are also working with Brubaker.

Note: Generally speaking, the list above includes teams with at least one member that has reached the JGP or CS level. Fisher & Mallette-Paquette seem to be off all the Skate Canada lists.

Last edited:

Dobre

So what do you think, guys? Assignments for the French JGP are up. It's an interesting list, no?

None of the top three from Junior Words/JGPF, as expected. France's #1, Russia's two medalists--excluding Ushakova & Nekrasov--from last year's JGP if both teams stay on the list, Canada's #2 and #4 remaining from last year's Nationals, USA's second & third highest scoring teams from thus far this summer (with a couple big events left to go and a couple major players yet to debut), Italy's #3. Thoughts?

1 Karina SIDARENKA / Maksim YALENICH BLR 1
2 Emmy BRONSARD / Aissa BOUARAGUIA CAN 2
3 Olivia MCISAAC / Corey CIRCELLI CAN 2
4 Xizi CHEN / Jianing XING CHN 3
5 Angelina KUDRYAVTSEVA / Ilia KARANKEVICH CYP 4
6 Daniela IVANITSKIY / Samu KYYHKYNEN FIN 5
7 Loicia DEMOUGEOT / Theo LE MERCIER FRA 6
8 Celina FRADJI / Jean-Hans FOURNEAUX FRA 6
9 Lou TERREAU / Noe PERRON FRA 6
10 Anne-Marie WOLF / Max LIEBERS GER 7
11 Villo MARTON / Danyil SEMKO HUN 8
12 Carolina PORTESI PERONI / Michael CHRASTECKY ITA 9
13 Olivia OLIVER / Joshua ANDARI POL 10
14 Diana DAVIS / Gleb SMOLKIN RUS 11
15 Elizaveta SHANAEVA / Devid NARYZHNYY RUS 11
16 Sofia VAL / Linus Colmor JEPSEN ESP 12
17 Sofiia LYZOHUB / Danylo YEFREMENKO UKR 13
18 Elizabeth TKACHENKO / Alexei KILIAKOV USA 14
19 Katarina WOLFKOSTIN / Jeffrey CHEN USA 14

Sylvia

TBD
Since entries could still change, here's the Courchevel JGP list of preliminary entries and substitutes (linked ISU bios have not yet been updated with music for the 2019-20 season): http://www.isuresults.com/events/cat03109475.htm

Demougeot/Le Mercier FRA - 8th at Jr. Worlds; 4th at 2018 JGP Canada
Shanaeva/Naryzhyy RUS - JGP silver at 2018 JGP ARM
Davis/Smolkin RUS - JGP bronze at 2018 JGP CZE
Bronsard/Bouarguia CAN - 4th at 2018 JGP CZE
Wolfkostin/Chen USA (new) - strong start so far this season in club comps

Other returning top JGP teams listed in the subs include:
Nguyen/Kolesnik USA - JW4 / JGPF5
Ushakova/Nekrasov RUS - JW5 / JGPF2
D'Alessandro/Waddell CAN - 4th at 2018 JGP AUT

Age-eligible but NOT listed in the subs for FRA:
Kazakova/Reviya GEO - JW6 / JGPF6
Popova/Byelikov UKR - JGP bronze
Golubtsova/Belobrov UKR

Colonel Green

I'm surprised at RusFed putting Shanaeva/Naryzhyy (ugh, that spelling is always going to be a problem for me) and Davis/Smolkin at the same event.

The US domestic judges have been really into Wolfkostin/Chen, so it'll be interesting to see if the international panels are similarly receptive to them right out of the gate.

Since Ushakova/Nekrasov aren't in France, and obviously won't be in Lake Placid, and likely not doing back-to-back events, I'd guess their events are Russia and either Croatia or Italy.

Last edited:

Dobre

Age-eligible but NOT listed in the subs for FRA:
Kazakova/Reviya GEO - JW6 / JGPF6
Popova/Byelikov UKR - JGP bronze
Golubtsova/Belobrov UKR

Popova & Byelikov are not on Ukraine's list for JGP assignments and are now on the entry list to compete as seniors at NRW Trophy. (Could technically be back to juniors for Junior Worlds, but it seems clearly moving up to seniors for at least the regular season).

Golubtsova & Belobrov are assigned to Riga & Zagreb.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
I'm surprised at RusFed putting Shanaeva/Naryzhyy (ugh, that spelling is always going to be a problem for me) and Davis/Smolkin at the same event.
Russian test skate for the junior ice dancers is scheduled for August 1-2 so assignments could change after that.
Golubtsova & Belobrov are assigned to Riga & Zagreb.
Thanks for the reminder that UKR already posted all their JGP assignments on their website: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...n-news-discussion-thread.105731/#post-5607297

Dobre

Yeah, Russia may move their teams. There's not too much compulsion to do so, as odds are that Ushakova & Nekrasov, Nguyen & Kolesnik, and Kazakova & Reviya could plausibly be everywhere else. (Also this is convenient for Igor as he has to be in France anyway with Wolfkostin & Chen). And based on Russian Junior Nationals results last season, Davis & Smolkin are ranked behind Andreeva & Desyatov and Tyutyunina & Shustitsky on the Russian sub list (D&S split results with T&S).

But a lot of these teams are fairly unproven, and Russia has a whole slew of reshuffled teams, with 3 or maybe 4 former JGP medalists that could be at test skates with new partners? (Khudaberdieva, Ivanenko, Karpov, Vakhnov?). Generally speaking you're probably ahead of the game if you have a JGP medal, have stuck it out with your partner, and are ready to go; but it's pretty hard to know where all the Russian junior teams/athletes are likely to fall relative to each other. So I'd assume there'll be some strategizing after test skates.

Last year, it was really obvious that Russia just listed two teams at the first event and didn't have any intention of keeping both there. This year it's hard to know because the hierarchy is a lot less clear among the Russian junior teams. I think it's likely at least Shanaeva & Narizhnyy remain here, though, if they skate well at test skates.

Dobre

Just a reminder . . .

Minto Summer Skate starts today. As far as I can tell, all the Canadian junior dance teams will be competing & debuting programs. Livestream links are in the Minto thread in the Kiss & Cry.

Around 18:45 Ontario time if the schedule from the 17th is still up to date. Essentially in about an hour if I've used the time zone converter correctly, which I often muck up. (3 scheduled hours of junior dancers :eek:). Top 5 remaining teams from last year's Junior Nationals are sprinkled all the way through the line up from Bronsard & Bouraguia and Makita & Gunara to start, D'Alessandro & Waddell in the middle, and Galiyanova & Lochhead and McIsaac & Circelli at the end.

Colonel Green

Essentially in about an hour if I've used the time zone converter correctly, which I often muck up.
That is indeed correct.

Sometimes people register for these things and then don't attend, but especially with the Teatime Foxtrot I'd guess lots of teams will want to get as much domestic feedback as they can.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Nice pictures here from Luca Lanotte's wedding! I was going to put them in the C/L cheer thread but couldn't find it. https://www.instagram.com/p/B0a_GKSJJ9n/?igshid=1921dw9nqkysp

Sylvia

TBD
I was going to put them in the C/L cheer thread but couldn't find it.
Here you go: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/anna-cappellini-luca-lanotte-fan-thread.103334/
I've shared your Lanotte wedding links in the figure skating weddings thread.

I've started a Lake Placid dance competition thread (regular club comp., ISU Senior/Junior international, North American Cup for USA & CAN novice teams) in the Kiss & Cry section. Live streaming info (this Wednesday through Friday) is posted there as well as in the U.S. Ice Dance thread in GSD:
The last three seasons Lake Placid has had an on-line stream for about $10.00 a day and $25.00 for the whole event. (It was really nice the 2nd year it was available. I don't know about last year because I was at the arena last year).

http://www.snapshotsportsphotography.com/live/

Last edited:

Dobre

Per the Kiss & Cry, Ushakova & Nekrasov won't be at Junior Test Skates this week because Maxim Nekrasov had an operation on his leg last week and has a recovery process to undertake :( . Best wishes to them.

Colonel Green

Per the Kiss & Cry, Ushakova & Nekrasov won't be at Junior Test Skates this week because Maxim Nekrasov had an operation on his leg last week and has a recovery process to undertake :( . Best wishes to them.
Hopefully nothing serious enough to impede their season, though a leg operation less than a month from the start of the JGP obviously isn't great.

Colonel Green

We'll see, right. And probably assume that later events may be preferred by them to early ones.
Yeah, I think this makes them being in Chelyabinsk (which previously seemed a sure thing) less likely.

EDIT: Unrelatedly, as a general comment, just going off the Minto competition, I think the RD this year is going to be really enjoyable, much moreso than the tango last year (or even the rhumba the preceding one).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Lake Placid Ice Dance International Senior and Junior RD starting orders for later today: https://twitter.com/icedancecom/status/1156904970328977409

Competition thread in Kiss & Cry section (edited to clarify that a season pass subscription is required to access): https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...nships-international-july-31-august-2.105821/

ETA that the 4 new senior teams debuting here are:

Min/Eaton KOR (he last competed at 2018 U.S. Nationals)
Dozzi/Valdez HUN (she is CAN and he is USA who previously skated for Brazil as a junior in 2017/18)
Green/Parsons USA
Hirayama/Ishibashi JPN (they skated with different Sr. partners at Nationals in Dec. 2018)

Only 2 Senior teams, both new, are listed in the LPIDC club comp. RD starting order (final event of tonight/Thursday):
https://twitter.com/icedancecom/status/1156905704206340096
Livvy Shilling, Columbus FSC (new to ice dance) / Alexander Petrov, Hershey FSC
Shira Ichilov, SC of Boston / Laurent Abecassis, FRA now ISR

Last edited:

Dobre

Lake Placid Ice Dance International Senior and Junior RD starting orders for later today: https://twitter.com/icedancecom/status/1156904970328977409

Check it out folks! Rhythm dance starts today. Schedule we have says 7:10 Eastern for the Senior International.

McNamara & Carpenter
Carreira & Ponomarenko
Smart & Diaz
Soucisse & Firus
Green & Parsons
Min & Eaton
Chen & Sun

Livestream link is in post #259

Schedule is here: https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...7b6/1564433391126/IDC19+ScheduleREV072919.pdf

Last edited:

Dobre

The livestream links in Post #265 are Not accessible for those who don't have access to that part of FSU 😢

Sorry, I typed the wrong number. There is a link to the post in #259. (I think it works from here, but Colonel Green kindly took care of it). The steps I followed to get in were to open an account, click on the green button that says find an event, and then the red one that says to purchase the event. $10.00 a day. On-demand is not available).

The International Junior field includes:
Galiyanova & Lochhead
Bronsard & Bouaraguia
Makita & Gunara
Bashynska & Beaumont
Tkachenko & Kiliakov
The Browns
Ling & Wein
Kam & Carter
Bratti & Couyras
etc.

Start time for the Junior International is 2:45 Eastern.

The "Domestic" Junior field includes:
Wolfkostin & Chen
DelCamp & Somerville
Lin & Sletten
Ales & Tsarik
Buckley & Spiridinov
Takanemi & Ikeda
Pouliot & Slevira
Litvinova & Colucci
Pride & Lawless
Hauer & Bennett
Nosovitskaya & Nosovitski

Start time for the Junior domestic event is 4:50 Eastern.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information