The Dance Hall 7: Tripping the Light Fantastic 2019-2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbarafan

Sorry, I typed the wrong number. There is a link to the post in #259. (I think it works from here, but Colonel Green kindly took care of it). The steps I followed to get in were to open an account, click on the green button that says find an event, and then the red one that says to purchase the event. $10.00 a day. On-demand is not available).

The International Junior field includes:
Galiyanova & Lochhead
Bronsard & Bouaraguia
Makita & Gunara
Bashynska & Beaumont
Tkachenko & Kiliakov
The Browns
Ling & Wein
Kam & Carter
Bratti & Couyras
etc.

Start time for the Junior International is 2:45 Eastern.

The "Domestic" Junior field includes:
Wolfkostin & Chen
DelCamp & Somerville
Lin & Sletten
Ales & Tsarik
Buckley & Spiridinov
Takanemi & Ikeda
Pouliot & Slevira
Litvinova & Colucci
Pride & Lawless
Hauer & Bennett
Nosovitskaya & Nosovitski

Start time for the Junior domestic event is 4:50 Eastern.
If anyone records Pouliot & Slevira I would love to see it.

Colonel Green

Bringing this over from my post in the Canadian ice dance thread, but the RD scoring at Lake Placid International shows some pretty interest TES/PCS differentials. Given that we've got a lot of roughly similar-level junior teams vying to make the big-time this season with so many splits and graduations, perhaps a sign of things to come. It'll also be interesting to see how this carries over into the FD tomorrow, where there's no pattern.

Lake Placid International RD results:

1. Bashynska/Beaumont - 55.48
2. Bronsard/Bouaraguia - 54.70
3. Cesanek/Yehorov (USA) - 53.86
4. Galiyanova/Lochhead - 53.83
5. Brown/Brown (USA) - 53.66
6. Makita/Gunara - 51.68

The TES/PCS breakdown is fascinating.

The judges clearly loved Emmy & Aissa's performance, because they won the PCS by more than a point (and the team that came second in PCS, Oona and Gage, are in fifth place); they've got a 2.25 PCS lead over Nadiia & Peter, who are in first place because they dominated the TES (winning that by over a point compared to the next team, and over three points better than what Emmy & Aissa managed).

The judges really were not feeling Miku & Tyler, though. They had the third-best TES, but were way behind the other teams in PCS (almost four points behind Emmy & Aissa).

Dobre

Any news regarding the senior skaters RD at Lake Placid?

Scores are on the ice-dance.com facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/icedancecom/

Sadly, we starved ice-dance fans appear to have overloaded the stream for the seniors & the sound went out after the first group. That's a new one for me. I remember the first year I watched that the senior FDs were very stop & go. The following season, it was all very good. But this is the first time I've had the sound go out.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I really think Canada is going to be a force on the JGP this year. So many good returning teams ready to move on to the podium.

Colonel Green

I really think Canada is going to be a force on the JGP this year. So many good returning teams ready to move on to the podium.
I think there's a good chance that Canada wins more JGP medals this year than in a while, though none of the teams are likely individually to do as well as Lajoie/Lagha did in the last two seasons (L/L were pretty much carrying Canadian junior dance by themselves for three of their four junior seasons). That positions things nicely for the season after.

Bigbird

Can anyone view S/D FD? It is blocked on Youtube? Currently watching in USA. Help, help. :(

RoseRed

Can anyone view S/D FD? It is blocked on Youtube? Currently watching in USA. Help, help. :(
I think the first piece of music is muted due to copyright. The 2nd two pieces play fine for me.

ETA: I read this as S/F. S/D's played no problem for me, but I'm in Germany right now.

Last edited:

VGThuy

I am super impressed with how S/D's RD was choreographed. I think Adian needs to really up the showmanship to match the music and John Travolta's voice. I know he'll improve throughout the season, but he'll need to perform in a way I haven't seen him do before to match this music. I think they can take the "How low can you go" part even further, something like DelSchoe's signature move. If they come up with something great there, it has the potential to be a showstopper.

Colonel Green

Olivia was pitch-perfect as Sandy; Adria's normal energy is a bit of a ways from Travolta's Danny, so I agree there's some work to do there. But a really strong start for them.

Still no sign of any teams going the operetta route; I wasn't expecting many, of course.

VGThuy

Wolfkostin/Chen have promise. I think Jeffrey needs to work on his extension and toe point. His non-extended free leg becomes distracting. I also think he could be down in his knees more. The choreography could be better as the lyrics are calling for some performance (like the whole "Do you want more?"). The choreographer could have them doing a bit more to entertain the audience.

Also, every time I hear "Everything Old is New Again", I think of this wonderful, low-key choreographed dance scene from Bob Fosse's All That Jazz:

Dobre

I saw someone posted screenshots of the RD TES/PCS breakdown on twitter, so I was hoping for the FD as well. The results are... interesting.

Yes, we have been getting TES & PCS totals along with PCS breakdowns but no element by element protocols yet. (Ultimately we will get them from the junior & senior international). Ice-dance.com has been posting the result sheets for basically every portion of the Lake Placid dance event except, as far as I can tell, the ones for the two Senior FD competitions. Those two events were held last. Perhaps those result sheets were not posted on the wall before the "photographers" went home?

But we will get the actual protocols eventually. It usually takes a while (I wouldn't expect them tomorrow as it's Sunday and I think often they don't get posted on the ISU site until after we get protocols from another event first); but eventually we will find out who got credit for what & what elements didn't get credit, etc. Which is good to know with debut programs, as new elements are introduced & teams don't know how they will be received.

aftershocks

Banned Member
S/D were amazing! They were great performers and I loved their program. Wolfkostin/Chen too. They were passionate and spectacular.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jihv1ViIb0k Grease RD Smart/Diaz (courtesy of Sarah Rasher)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikbkFMlxYfk RD Wolfkostin/Chen (courtesy of Sarah Rasher)

ETA:
Daniel Eaton, formerly of the U.S., looks good with Yura Min, representing South Korea:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lL7MwqnfMA RD 42nd Street

Last edited:

Dobre

Noting that Shira Ichilov is now skating with Laurent Abecassis for Israel. They competed in the domestic portion of the senior event at Lake Placid. (He is Galayavieva's former partner).

MarieM

Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oymhRIqHdQ Smart/Diaz FD (no sound till second half)
I love that FD for them. Their RD not so much.
Their basics still suck BTW.

All the american teams are boring me to death. Little puppy (Ponomarenko) isn't as good as his dad, and she has zero personnality. Skating a flamenco requires at least a bit of personnality, so it doesn't work on them at all. It's everything they're not. And Igor has no clue, as usual.

The others, I'd be more interested in Parsons and new partner. Although their FD is a copy of one of P&C earlier FD. Still, they are pretty good considering the timing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information