From Russia with Love [#31]: Winter to Spring 2019

Mad for Skating

I'm sure it will be a scandal read the comments under the article https://dni.ru/showbiz/2019/3/4/419243.html google translate

Rudkovskaya is ready to forgive her son unconventional orientation - she was in a TV show. Interesting questions from Sobchak. She is provocative many times
Resigned Rudkovskaya sends away gay son

Yana Rudkovskaya told what she would do if her son, Evgeni Plushenko Sasha, grows up gay. The producer frankly answered the tricky question of Ksenia Sobchak.
"Imagine a situation if the Gnom Gnomych, when he grows up, decides that he is gay. Can you accept it?" - said Sobchak, referring to the younger son of Rudkovskaya - Sasha.
"When the Gnom Gnomych, Sasha, puts on her mother's shoes at five or four years old, or at three, and chap in these shoes and in her skirt - it's all nice, you laugh and so on, and really it does not cause any questions. When he begins to play with dolls, be interested in women's cosmetics ... I will try to reorient him for a while, but if I realize that it is useless to do something, then I will invite him to go to another country, "Rudkovskaya reasoned.

Yana noted that she would put up with any conscious choice of Sasha. But in this case, she will do everything possible so that her heir will live in a more tolerant place. “But where can I go, but in Russia it will be very difficult for him,” said the producer.

Note that TV presenter Ksenia Sobchak arranged a hen party, to which Yana Rudkovskaya was invited. The gathered women touched upon the topic of gender-neutral education - a principle that is gaining popularity all over the world.

Umm...I know this is Russia...but excuse me?

The kid is what, 6 years old? You can't judge a child's sexual orientation at 6. Kids go through so many phases at that age. Heck, when I was 6 I thought I was a fairy.

Granted, there are some children who know their sexual orientation from a very young age, but unless they have explicitly stated it, it's not right to assume because of their behavior. Also, it seems like a one-sided, sexist idea: boys who show any signs of femininity are automatically labeled gay, but tomboyish girls are not automatically labeled lesbians.

Also, sexual orientation is not about being "masculine" or "feminine". While the stereotype of gay men is a fluffy, feminine image (which is accurate for some), the truth is that many gay men do not fit this stereotype (Tim LeDuc, Eric Radford, Gus Kentworthy off the top of my head). I know lesbians who wear short hair and hate getting dressed up, and I know lesbians who wear long hair and have entire instagram pages dedicated to makeup. And there are many, many kinds of people in between.

I didn't know I was bisexual until I was 15 (I had my first crush on a female celebrity when I was 13 but I thought it was an innocent "girl crush"). Honestly, my family didn't know until I told them, because I didn't show stereotypical "signs" (besides wanting short hair, which I blamed on Wenjing Sui and her fabulous bob). True, there are some people who just give a "gay" vibe, and that's totally fine. But there are some straight people who have those traits - I can think of several ladies in sports and Hollywood who have that vibe but are in relationships with men, several men who are more feminine but married to women, and some gay people who don't give any indication that they're gay. It's ignorant media that spreads the stigma.

And you know what? Gay shouldn't be an offensive word. My dad used to insult men by saying "they look gay" because he thought it was a shot to their masculinity. In truth? I think most straight men would kill to look like Eric Radford or Guillaume Cizeron!

I know this is very off topic, but it just bothers me that the media is so quick to assume these kinds of things.

Rina RUS

You can't judge a child's sexual orientation at 6.

I think it has nothing to do with Sasha's behaviour or with anything what his parents did or didn't do. Sobchak is a person who likes to show, that Russian society isn't good or that something else is wrong. Sobchak just uses this kid as a toy in her game: "let's suppose" - she doesn't care whether there are any reasons to suppose so. I think, that turning another person into a toy isn't fair. I think it is normal, that a mother wouldn't like turning her kid into a toy or into a target, even if this mother would be OK with any his choice - when he grows up indeed. I think it is normal if Rudkovskaya didn't like it or if she didn't find a good answer to such a question.

Last edited:

lala

Umm...I know this is Russia...but excuse me?

The kid is what, 6 years old? You can't judge a child's sexual orientation at 6. Kids go through so many phases at that age. Heck, when I was 6 I thought I was a fairy.

Granted, there are some children who know their sexual orientation from a very young age, but unless they have explicitly stated it, it's not right to assume because of their behavior. Also, it seems like a one-sided, sexist idea: boys who show any signs of femininity are automatically labeled gay, but tomboyish girls are not automatically labeled lesbians.

Also, sexual orientation is not about being "masculine" or "feminine". While the stereotype of gay men is a fluffy, feminine image (which is accurate for some), the truth is that many gay men do not fit this stereotype (Tim LeDuc, Eric Radford, Gus Kentworthy off the top of my head). I know lesbians who wear short hair and hate getting dressed up, and I know lesbians who wear long hair and have entire instagram pages dedicated to makeup. And there are many, many kinds of people in between.

I didn't know I was bisexual until I was 15 (I had my first crush on a female celebrity when I was 13 but I thought it was an innocent "girl crush"). Honestly, my family didn't know until I told them, because I didn't show stereotypical "signs" (besides wanting short hair, which I blamed on Wenjing Sui and her fabulous bob). True, there are some people who just give a "gay" vibe, and that's totally fine. But there are some straight people who have those traits - I can think of several ladies in sports and Hollywood who have that vibe but are in relationships with men, several men who are more feminine but married to women, and some gay people who don't give any indication that they're gay. It's ignorant media that spreads the stigma.

And you know what? Gay shouldn't be an offensive word. My dad used to insult men by saying "they look gay" because he thought it was a shot to their masculinity. In truth? I think most straight men would kill to look like Eric Radford or Guillaume Cizeron!

I know this is very off topic, but it just bothers me that the media is so quick to assume these kinds of things.

That was a stupid question from Sobchak. She had fight with Putin, too.. she is such a TV host, journalist
Rina Rus answered your questions.

@Cherub721 @Tinami Amori

Rudkovskaya loves the publicity that is her job agent and producer. But she is working 24 /7 -rests only, to the shows with her participation as a producer and co-producer sold 1 million tickets a year. I can see any different in her posts to the other accounts just she is more famous , rich she has more than 2,2 millions followers. So they are rich and that annoy many Russians. Many Russians thought she is rich because of her first husband and that is not a work what she is doing. Now her haters think the injured Plush and Sasha are working for her and thus she can wear Chanel. But she said if they wouldn't work the family easily could live from her income.
They are in many charity actions for sick children and gave cca 10 thousands tickets in total for the poor families on their shows.
The media loves her likes to attack her and likes to make fake news on her/them.

Yes, they are popular in Japan some days ago after the TV show "Plushenko" and "Sasha kun" were the Twitter trend on the Japanese Twitter.

edit: I respect but don't like her because she is annoying sometimes and uses too much photoshop on her face..:lol:

Last edited:

Rina RUS

She had fight with Putin, too

I know, that this is not a thread about Sobchak (sorry!!), but she tried to become a new president of Russia. :) Some people who didn't want to vote for Putin, voted for her. I like, that we still don't know what that show would be like. :)
(maybe she just was sure she wouldn't be elected)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information