Canadian Pairs 2018/2019 Season News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairecloutier

No, they're going to Pierrefonds, and will be coaching singles and pairs there starting in April.

Source: An article in my local newspaper from a few days ago (Annabelle is originally from my hometown)

Pierrefonds—is that the rink where Josee Picard was coaching?

jmtfti

It's also where Elise Hamel and Shawn Winter's dance school is based, so that's rather exciting news if the plan is to expand the school overall.

mocha-ice

Too cool...It is the right Pierrefonds according to their web-site and they are going there. It is about an 8 minute drive from my house where Challenge is held when it is in Mtl.
Yes they changed the name a few years back to acknowledge that many skaters also come from Ile Bizard - so "les deux rives".

Tripleflip-skate25

That’s how I saw it too shame

I think the pair that was the most underscored at Nationals in the short was Matte and Ferland. They did a great short. They had a really good twist, awesome side by side jump and throw and overall great performance. They should've been a lot more closer to W/M and even maybe ahead of them.

clairecloutier

barbarafan

The official announcement of Lubov & Charlie skating together really made me smile.

Best of of luck to them and I can't wait to see how they do this upcoming season!

Very excited that I will see Lubov skate again.
Very disappointed that she is skating at Gauthier rink. As KMT2 are his special team and Richard appears to be totally bedazzled by KMT I do not forsee proper attention being given to this team. I think they would both do better to locate with Bruno at Ste.Julie ...but that is my opinion. I think B/B should have gone there as well. They have not mentioned choreographers yet.

Rock2

I'm REALLY happy they are starting to train this month. In order to position themselves for the world team they needed to get going before the season and touring ends. Starting in late spring wouldn't have had them ready to do anything until nationals. Starting now means they can realistically target the GP to make an international debut.

The only thing I'm dreading is what their programs will end up being.
Montreal worlds + Julie Marcotte likely = some unbearable french song that only locals will relate to.
If the other program is basic/placeholder like a popular ballad or token jazz I'm throwing chairs.

* takes deep breaths *

quartz

scratching at the light
I'm REALLY happy they are starting to train this month. In order to position themselves for the world team they needed to get going before the season and touring ends. Starting in late spring wouldn't have had them ready to do anything until nationals. Starting now means they can realistically target the GP to make an international debut.

Montreal worlds + Julie Marcotte likely = some unbearable french song that only locals will relate to.
If the other program is basic/placeholder like a popular ballad or token jazz I'm throwing chairs.

* takes deep breaths *
Since Luba is just coming out of Cirque du Soleil, I am hoping for whimsical, quirky, and offbeat.

barbarafan

* takes deep breaths *
Is it for sure Julie Marcotte? I do think she is an excellent choreographer for soft and romantic but that is not really my taste. I like things with more life and character to them and both Luba and Charlie show a lot of character and are great performers. Is it for sure that that is who they are using and is it for both programs? Who did Juliann and Charlie use?

Rock2

Julianne and Charlie were with Picard who wasn't attached to any specific choreographer, so the choices were wide open.

Julie is an in-house choreographer in Richard's school so she's likely to be involved. No guarantees, though. The skaters will have to request to go elsewhere, as MT/M did in using Pillay for Sweet Dreams short.

I do like Julie's choreography a lot but her style only suits certain skaters and she picks from a narrow range of choices. Considerably well over half is french music, 'powerful' pop music and jazz -- little of which interests me personally.

Catherine M

Is this a new coaching team for both of them? I am not familiar enough with pair coaches in Canada.

Yes, being coached by Richard Gauthier & Bruno Marcotte will be new for both skaters. Lubov was coached by Lee Barkell and Bryce Davison when she was with Dylan Moscovitch and Charlie was with Josee Picard and Marc-Andre Craig when he skated with Julianne Seguin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information