#TeamTrainwreck 14: "I Don't Care. #StillHere"

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
The only good thing coming out of Tuk being absent at nationals, that Nugumanova is in then :encore:

Puh, worst timing for LaTuk :gallopin1
I don't want to sit in the shoes of the person, making the call, if she gets a bye to euros or not :eek:
If so, Med is in real danger.
That is so totally a good news; bad news situation. Yeah for Nugu. :wuzrobbed for LaTuk, worry for Med. And it sucks for whoever comes in third at Nationals unless they are one of the juniors (which is well within the realm of probability). The Council could use that as a means to send LaTuk to Europeans in any event.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kihira's edge is that as of now, there aren't any Japanese juniors ready to push her out. That gives her some time for the "bad years" that the Russians don't have.

Kihira's situation is not that different from Zagitova's. Kihira may not have younger skaters ready to push her out, but she has peers that would do it if she struggles. If Kihira has a bad year, then Japan will select a team from Miyahara, Sakamoto, Higuchi, Mihara, Yamashita, and maybe Honda if she gets it together. There's no need for or space for a struggling Kihira on Japan's team. It's not like Kostner who would be sent no matter what.

J

Jeschke

And it sucks for whoever comes in third at Nationals unless they are one of the juniors
I thought #3 is reserved for Zag? 🤔🙄

I would say Liza’s results this season would more than justify a bye.
Yeah, but it could end up in a horror scenario like Samodurova skating lights out, coming in as 3rd eligible. She had a stellar season too, making the GPF. Make the call then! 🆘😰

and maybe Honda if she gets it together.
Oh you funny thing 😂

It's not like Kostner who would be sent no matter what.
🇮🇹 fed needs Kostner for the '22 team event. She does not need to jump there, just glide around.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Yeah, but it could end up in a horror scenario like Samodurova skating lights out, coming in as 3rd eligible. She had a stellar season too, making the GPF. Make the call then! 🆘😰

Samodurova needs to beat Medvedeva to make it. We just had the Tuk v. Samo showdown and Tuk won convincingly.

Oh you funny thing 😂

Well, it is the #TTW thread. Hope springs eternal. :cheer2:

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
Re Russian Nationals, I would think it's whoever places higher between Samodurova and Med, Zag should go along with Tuk.
The three dance spots are set.
How's the race for 3rd pair spot and Mens team?

SamuraiK

Despite the withdrawal Liza should be safe. She and Zag are locks. 3rd spot is a fight between Sofia 2nd and Zhenya with that Stasia girl only Boss loves as a dark horse.

SamuraiK

Re Russian Nationals, I would think it's whoever places higher between Samodurova and Med, Zag should go along with Tuk.

It's an open race. I would say best 3 out of 4 (Aliev, Kolyada, Samarin, Voronov) with Mikhail having a reputation cushion and Sergei having an old dog disadvantage, he needs to come 2nd cause if its only a Bronze they will go with the younger 4th place.

As for Pairs despite not qualifying for GPF I still think Boikova/Koslovski are the team to beat.

Last edited:

Ka3sha

Despite the withdrawal Liza should be safe. She and Zag are locks. 3rd spot is a fight between Sofia 2nd and Zhenya with that Stasia girl only Boss loves as a dark horse.
:drama:

Boikova/Kozlovski, Pavluchenko/Khodykin and Efimova/Korovin for the third spot. In theory Mishina/Gallyamov also can take that spot, but I don't think they will make the team

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Same thing as the GPF qualifications. I wish it weren't Janny vs. Sofia all the time this year. I really want them both to do well!

J

Jeschke

It's an open race. I would say best 3 out of 4 (Aliev, Kolyada, Samarin, Voronov) with Mikhail having a reputation cushion and Sergei having an old dog disadvantage, he needs to come 2nd cause if its only a Bronze they will go with the younger 4th place.

As for Pairs despite not qualifying for GPF I still think Boikova/Koslovski are the team to beat.

For once I totally agree with you! :40beers:

mjb52

Although I like Tarasova/Morosov and Zabijako/Enbert a lot and have defended particularly the first on this boards, it does seem like they don't seem to have "it" in the eyes of the skating world. This was the problem with Russian ice dance as well post Ilinykh/Katsalapov for some time it seems to me. I think this would be a good time for the Federation to look at which of their young pairs have "it" and start pushing now to get them ready for 2022. They really need a pair with star quality.

J

Jeschke

Although I like Tarasova/Morosov and Zabijako/Enbert a lot and have defended particularly the first on this boards, it does seem like they don't seem to have "it" in the eyes of the skating world. This was the problem with Russian ice dance as well post Ilinykh/Katsalapov for some time it seems to me. I think this would be a good time for the Federation to look at which of their young pairs have "it" and start pushing now to get them ready for 2022. They really need a pair with star quality.
Ehm, Z/E are scoring really high this season, or? :shuffle:

mjb52

For me it's not about scoring high, I'd just love to see a team that feels like it has more momentum, a lot of passion and excitement about their programs. T & M score high too but I don't get that impression for either them or Z & E. Obviously this is super subjective! I'm just invested in the Russian pairs tradition and want to see them use that third spot to prepare a team to really dominate, not just get by!

puglover

I saw T/M at a GP a few years ago and they were so sublime in spite of their lousy program. I think they could totally have the "It" factor if everything could come together for them. I had hoped this was their year but it hasn't been so far. I hope it happens before they get passed by as Russia has some exciting pairs teams nipping at their heels.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I saw T/M at a GP a few years ago and they were so sublime in spite of their lousy program. I think they could totally have the "It" factor if everything could come together for them. I had hoped this was their year but it hasn't been so far. I hope it happens before they get passed by as Russia has some exciting pairs teams nipping at their heels.

Which lousy program was that? There have been so many for them . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information