Canadian Pairs 2018/2019 Season News and Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rock2

Georges-Ethier comp is this weekend and Brasseur & Bardei are suppose to skate.

https://patinage.qc.ca/souvenir-georges-ethier/

There's always a stream so if they do skate, hopefully I'll be able to watch as I'd like to see how they are doing.

Agreed. For this year, it's plain and simple. Get out there as much as you can without disrupting your training. Regardless of result, it will be a worthwhile experience.

Rock2

I think it's perfectly understandable as described: he didn't think things were working for him and wasn't willing to stay in the partnership, and she was shocked when he broke it off, because she didn't realize there was an issue.

Well she did admit that there were issues -- their training wasn't going well. But she didn't realize the issues were so big picture that the relationship would just be severed.

So many things go into being a successful pair that go on behind the scenes that we just don't see. Goals, training methods, habits, personalities, how you deal with stress and obstacles etc. You have to synch in so many ways for things to work out long term.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
But she didn't realize the issues were so big picture that the relationship would just be severed.
I should have been clearer and have posted "deal-breaking" issues.

People can have an understanding that they want to make specific changes or reach certain goals, and then not being on the same page in measuring the results.

Catherine M

Still worried about Bardei’s jumps. Better than than the summer though.

I'm not going to panic quite yet on Bardei's sbs jumps. Hopefully tomorrow goes better for him as he has the tools to be a great pairs skater.

And nice to see Chloe Choinard land her sbs double axel in the jr pairs event; she's been struggling in comp with her sbs jumps so this is a step in the right direction for her.

ChiquitaBanana

I'm not going to panic quite yet on Bardei's sbs jumps. Hopefully tomorrow goes better for him as he has the tools to be a great pairs skater.

And nice to see Chloe Choinard land her sbs double axel in the jr pairs event; she's been struggling in comp with her sbs jumps so this is a step in the right direction for her.

Choinard is a fine singles skater so I guess it’s nerves playing bad tricks and that hopefully she’s over it.

screech

In their instastories, both KMT and Dylan Moscovitch posted a cute photo of the two of them together backstage at Autumn Classic, with a heart drawn on it, and he (and Skate Canada) also posted a photo of him backstage with M-T/M, probably during an interview.
I hope he gets to do more stuff with SC moving forward. I haven't been watching Autumn Classic consistently, but he seems like he'd have a good personality for the interviews/backstage stuff.

Rock2

Dylan is very articulate and engaging. He just needs to find his groove. It's early in his career, so I cut him some slack over some of his awkward interviewing at ACI. Took Kurt like 15 years to harness his personality to the point where I almost darn near enjoy him and Carol commentating. Dylan will have a shorter learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information