DWTS Season 24

centerstage01

I don't know if it's the power of Cubs fans or the disapproval of people in this country who never want women to talk back, express their dissatisfaction, or you know, be black and female.

I knew Simone's clapback last week was going to cost her, but I didn't figure she wouldn't at least make it to the finals. This country, I swear....

ross_hy

I think most voters on this show want to see the celebrities go on a "journey". The emotional breakthrough storyline on Simone was put out there all season. Unfortunately, it didn't happen until tonight and was obviously a week too late.

Moving on, I definitely hope Normani wins. Her jazz routine was by far my favorite of the night.

pixie cut

I don't know if it's the power of Cubs fans or the disapproval of people in this country who never want women to talk back, express their dissatisfaction, or you know, be black and female.

I knew Simone's clapback last week was going to cost her, but I didn't figure she wouldn't at least make it to the finals. This country, I swear....

I don't think it had anything to do with Simone clapping back. Or it didn't have everything to do with it. The judges spent so much time saying how she wasn't connecting with the audience that viewers started to believe it.

Instead of dancing critique, Simone was criticized for who she is. No one told David Ross to stop being charming or told Rashad Jennings to be less sexy. Simone was told her personality wasn't enough. That was just plain mean.

skatingfan5

Past Prancer's Corridor
Great dancing, rotten voting! Please don't tell me David is actually going to win this thing!
I would :rofl: if he did -- it would be epic! I was :mad: that he lasted longer than Nancy, so was almost prepared for him to make the finals. I'll be traveling next Monday night so won't see it, which won't bother me at all.

annie720

Who is voting for David? Is Lindsay that popular a pro to bring in extra votes?

No, I don't think Lindsay has that pull, but I do think people like the pairing, and David is likable. He's also the show's first baseball player while there have been many gymnasts, one winning the previous season. I think Simone would have done better if Laurie hadn't been on. I had no idea who David was but I was excited at the prospect of seeing a baseball player this season while I was bored at the idea of another gymnast.

I'm voting tonight for the first time this season - for Rashad. He rocked that rumba!

BaileyCatts

Does anyone know what the music was during Cheryl Burke's routine? If I am still remembering it in my head from 3 hours ago, that would make a good skating piece. :p

skatfan

So I called it - no way would there be no white star in the Final. Not with this shiw's demographics. I figured it would be Simone since Normani has rocked the show from the first. Rashad has the NFL and he's sexy.

Why can't we have nice things? At least David seems like a grateful nice guy.

love skating

Clueless American
So sad for Simone, well I was torn between voting for her or Rashad so at least now I can throw all my votes to him. But I fully expect Normani to win.

bardtoob

Simone's Jive
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57WbH8xRUvY

Simone's Final Dance, the Rumba
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kKowvrUb-U

Here is Simone's elimination . . . brought to you by Carrie Ann . . .
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrrbL1XH3WY
-----------------------

Who cares about the final. Nancy and Simone are gone. I thought the home run David Ross hit at game 7 of the World Series at 39 years old was inspirational, but he should not be in the finals of DWTS.

. . . Maybe I will vote for David to be evil to the judges :2faced:

Garden Kitty

Tranquillo
Poor Simone. In all her gymnastics coverage she comes across as such a likeable person and a great teammate and she certainly came across as hardworking and non-complaining on DWTS. I think the judges blathering each week about how she wasn't connecting led people to believe there was something wrong with her dancing. But then I thought Nastia Liukin would be the perfect contestant and she got critiques about reflecting her personality in her dancing too.

VGThuy

This just goes to show how savvy Meryl and Maks were when they didn't correct people imagining all sorts of romantic things about them. It also served the whole "a temperamental man changed for the better because of a woman" narrative I'm sure many of the voters fell in love with. Heck, I knew they were playing it for the cameras and I still liked it enough to keep watching...well, just them anyway.

mrr50

I don't think there is any animus against Simone for her color, personality or anything else. This is just a bunch of Cubs fans that are rejoicing in being a bunch of Cubs fans. David Ross even feels like he's taking her spot. It is a popularity contest. If it had been a dancing contest the last four would have been Heather, Nancy, Simone and Normani.

When Donald Driver was on, the phone system here in Wisconsin collasped. It really did. Am I a Cubs fan. NO.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Maybe people like me are skewing the results because I have voted for David (not last night). I watch DWTS to be entertained. If I want to see really good dancing I would watch SYTYCD. I liked Simone at the Olys but I thought her dancing was kind of robotic from the 1st. And I agree it was way too soon after Laurie for another gymnast.

I've been voting for Normani & Rashad the most since Nancy was voted off. I think Normani should win but I wouldn't be upset if David won. I don't think he will but the best dancer doesn't always win. It's a popularity contest so I think it's a mistake to take it so seriously.

skatfan said:
So I called it - no way would there be no white star in the Final. Not with this shiw's demographics. I figured it would be Simone since Normani has rocked the show from the first. Rashad has the NFL and he's sexy.

Why can't we have nice things? At least David seems like a grateful nice guy.

WTH is this supposed to mean? You think David got in over Simone because he is white? If that is so, why were the last 4 stars standing 3 blacks & 1 white? Why did they last over Heather & Nancy? And what do you mean "why can't we have nice things"? Is Simone more deserving than David because she's black? I guess they should throw out the higher vote count & check with you on who should be in the finale.

Ladida

I was quite suprised to see Simone go. I thought that it would be Rashad going home.

Normani and Val´s WV has very similar beginning and ending as Meryl and Maks´tango or was it only me?
Btw I am sad that Meryl and Charlie were not in Cheryl´s number, I was hoping they would come for it.

BaileyCatts

Reactions: Rob

Karina1974

You should see the comments on the Facebook fan page. I read two and then I had to quit, because I would have ended up making a futile attempt to explain why her ouster absolutely was fair. I found her pouting after receiving some very constructive criticism last week to be a real turn-off. At least Rashad and David took any criticism they received to heart and strived to get better.

No, smiles don't win gold medals, but dancing isn't an activity where you can just shut out the crowd watching you like when you are on the beam. During competition you have to connect with the judges; during a performance you connect with the audience, and ALWAYS you connect with your partner. She didn't pull that off until last night. It was too late by then.

So you guys aren't the only ones upset about Simone being voted off:

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/simo...pJobID=1161410024&spReportId=MTE2MTQxMDAyNAS2

Karina1974

I laugh at whoever wrote that article. Clearly they have never taken a performance dance class, because one of the first rules of showmanship is to smile and have a pleasing expression. It's not "sexist" in that context.

pixie cut

At least Rashad and David took any criticism they received to heart and strived to get better.

Rashad and David were critiqued on their dancing. Simone was criticized for her personality. Big difference. I think the judges' incessant harping made her more self conscious and internalized. Judges judge. It's part of the entertainment value of the show, but this is clearly a sensitive young woman. Come up with another angle.

just tuned in

I laugh at whoever wrote that article. Clearly they have never taken a performance dance class, because one of the first rules of showmanship is to smile and have a pleasing expression. It's not "sexist" in that context.
To my eye, Simone was pleasing and engaging. I liked her countenance, spirit and posture, which I think also go to expression. Some folks liked Nancy, but to my eye she was a sourpuss through all her dances (except maybe Enchanted).

I speculate that some viewers were influenced by, and are more-or-less parroting the judges. The judges can say anything, and viewers fall in lockstep. if the judges say, "You're not connecting with the audience," then the audience thinks, "Humph, that dancer is not connecting with me." Kudos to the celebs for putting up with this crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information