Your top 5 '80s RDs

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will

Baby Yoda On Skates

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Speaking solely about interpretation of theme: Conceptually, I really like Smart/Dieck’s piece with the original costumes. Also think the Lithuanians really got the theme.

Best overall interpretation combined with technique, I’ll vote for Neset/Markelov.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Carreira/Ponomarenko are my runners-up. :) I really like that RD too.
I really like it too, though I liked it better before they took out the windmill arms section.

Top 5 RDs -

Lajoie/Lagha
Neset/Markelov
Carreira/Ponomarenko
Smart/Dieck - wish she'd go back to her original costume
Chock/Bates - the last section still needs some work to make it really sing, but the entire RD has improved with each outing so I'm hopeful it will knock our socks off by Nats.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Chock & Bates - Let's Dance! - 2023 Worlds

2023 Skate America - Chock & Bates - Another One Bites the Dust

Gilles & Poirier - 2023 Worlds

Papadakis & Cizeron - Roses - 2023 Japan Open

Guignard & Fabbri - Lombardia Trophy - Holding Out For a Hero

Belsornia

I bite because I like it
My top five also include Lopareva/Brissaud and Smart/Dieck (and please go back to the Autumn Classic / Finlandia costume Olivia). Other picks are the Browns' Elton John, Orihara/Pirinen's Madonna and Karnes/Carr's Eurythmics.

Beyond that, my vote goes to Zingas/Kolesnik for best Michael Jackson, and a tie between Lim/Quan and Bekker/Hernandez for best Prince (but also boo to everyone who chose Prince and induced YouTube copyright stikes).

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
I looked and thought it was for RDs from the 80s. And then I had to think they didn't have RDs back then but OSPs.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Also, it strikes me that I made a mistake in the original post: We have NOT yet seen all this season's RDs. We haven't seen Hawayek and Baker yet. (Even as I was typing it, I was thinking, "There's probably one somewhere that we haven't seen!")

lauravvv

I don't think I can make a joint top 5 of both senior and junior RDs, so I am going to do both.

My top 5 of senior RDs would be Gilles/Poirier, Chock/Bates, Lajoie/Lagha, Guignard/Fabbri and Lopareva/Brissaud. Honorable mentions are Fear/Gibson, Reed/Ambrulevicius, Carreira/Ponomarenko and Demougeot/Le Mercier (all of them could take the place of Guignard/Fabbri and/or Lopareva/Brissaud on another day).

Junior top 5 in no particular order - Neset/Markelov, Tkachenko/Kiliakov, Grimm/Savitskiy, Kishimoto/Tamura and Slatter/Ongay-Perez. Honorable mentions - Zehnder/Sieber, Mouaden/Bigot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information