Will there be a US Nationals in 2025?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.H.Black

I hesitate to post this as I am not prolific these days and often behind in current news and discussions but....

Isn't it time someone had a burr put in their bonnet and we got an announcement of a place and dates? I write this in the hope that we have some sort of announcement by the time Worlds is completed next week. I'm sure someone or someones are working hard at making this happen but --- Sheesh!!!!!!!

Mods, please take this down if I'm out of line.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
This thread has me baffled, why would there not be a nationals? Has the sport dried up? I mean US women’s competition alone next year looks to be the best in a long time.
I had the same reaction to the title but the thread is about where they will be not will they be. But "Why don't we know where next year's nationals are yet?" is a very long title. :lol:

Anyway, I am surprised we don't know now in March which seems on the late side. But I get the impression that TPTB know and just haven't announced it because not all the paperwork has been signed.

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
I vote Charlotte or Greensboro. If Charlotte someone can come stay with me, we have a guest room, and we have air mattresses! :rofl: I can't ever see Charlotte bidding though we have 2 decent FSCs here.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I vote Charlotte or Greensboro. If Charlotte someone can come stay with me, we have a guest room, and we have air mattresses! :rofl: I can't ever see Charlotte bidding though we have 2 decent FSCs here.
Weren’t Greensboro & Spokane the two big hot sites not too long ago? Let them go for it!

A.H.Black

This thread has me baffled, why would there not be a nationals? Has the sport dried up? I mean US women’s competition alone next year looks to be the best in a long time.
As someone who has attended Nationals pretty regularly since 1984, and has been to Nationals over 30 times, I have never not known where/when Nationals would be by the end of the previous Nationals (to my recollection). As long as there is no announcement, there is no positive knowledge that the competition will take place.

Do I think it will happen - Of course I do. I simply ask the question.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
My unofficial hearsay from Nationals is that the locations for Skate America and Nationals have been selected - we just don't know when the announcement(s) will be...
The usual waiting for contracts to be signed and money exchanged.

myhoneyhoney

Aww darn, but I’m not surprised. The Bay Area is so expensive, people here a more worried about paying their 5k/month mortgage.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Money exchange from who to who? I can’t imagine any local club wanting to pay anything to host SA or Nationals.
The facility will want money from USFS to block out the dates. And there’s the not so small matter of cancellation insurance. The lawyers get VERY busy before a date/location can be announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information