Who Do You Think Will Opt Out of Worlds?

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
Maybe Ross' singular goal was to make the Olympic team and having missed that target he is done? His actions (skipping 4CC and Worlds) certainly suggest that.

If so, he could have told USFS that in January, letting the other alternates know he wasn't planning to go to either. I realize it's his choice, but I think the way he is acting is a quiet extension of that middle finger. Which is his right; but I don't have to clap for him.

jlai

Question everything
He deserves the right to do whatever he wants without triggering more criticism. It is not as if he is ranting on the internet about missing the team. Missing the O team is disappointment enough. If I had my hopes crushed I would have been less gracious.

eta: I don't care for Ross's skating and I agree with not sending him to the Olympics, but he has the right to do whatever he wants and he doesn't deserve the criticism when all he does is decline assignments he doesn't want. I'm sure USFS is aware of his inclinations before it is formally announced.

Last edited:

clairecloutier

So now Ross is wrong for giving someone else the chance to go to Worlds? Apparently Ross can’t win with some people no matter what he does.

From what I've heard and from his interviews since Nationals, it's been pretty evident all along that Ross probably wasn't going to go to either 4CCs or Worlds. I'm sure both the federation and the alternates were quite aware of the situation. And it's his choice--he's not obligated to go.

He deserves the right to do whatever he wants without triggering more criticism. It is not as if he is ranting on the internet about missing the team. Missing the O team is disappointment enough. If I had my hopes crushed I would have been less gracious.

I agree with this.

Seerek

Sylvia pointed out on Twitter that Shuran/Jessica Yu won't be at Worlds (to my knowledge, hasn't competed since Nebelhorn where she became 2nd alternate for Pyeongchang). No other woman from Singapore has both technical minimums.

chapis

Last edited:

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
What ? I was not aware Sui had any injury. Did it happen after the Olympics ? I'm not happy about that but it could be a golden opportunity for James/Ciprès. They're going aren't they ?

Dobre

Does China have another team that can take their place? :confused:

Wang & Wang are listed as substitutes. They spent most of the season out with injury, but they did compete in some smaller events toward they end. They can go as long as China chooses to send them. They didn't send them to 4CCs, and W&W may not be back to full strength. But it's a good sign that they are on the sub list. And it has been a while since 4CCs so hopefully the team is further along in the training process now.

cocotaffy

Fetchez la vache... mais fetchez la vache !
She was injured before the olympics. That’s why they were so emotional after their free skate, because it was so challenging for her.
I remember an operation and a long recovery period back in 2016 but I thought it was all sorted this season. I wish her a full recovery, they are incredible skaters and deserve many more medals.

Dobre

Sui was injured again at some point between the GPF and 4CCs. Which is the same time period when they went back to practicing the quad throw after losing to Savchenko & Massot at the GPF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information