Status
Not open for further replies.

SkateFanBerlin

Quite surprising status mid-season; US ladies have done beyond my wildest expetations. It will be a interesting nationals with neck-to-neck competition for worlds team. Levito was as expected - high scores and reliable. Thorngren uncharacteristically down but she has base value and is a competitor. Shin much more reliable than I expected 5 weeks ago. Andrews a different skater - one sub-par skate but otherwise strong and confident. Giving Glenn the benefit that she can do 2 good competitions in a single season. Tennell is not so far from her old form. And then there's s Ziegler; how much might she improve by January? Gracie I think is not in the picture. Let's say she did a great nationals. Would USFS gamble a third 2024 spot on her?

Sylvia

TBD
TES minimums for 2023 Worlds are 32 & 53 - these 8 (qualified for Nationals) have both:

Starr ANDREWS USA ISU Four Continents Championships 2022 20/01/2022 35.54 S ISU GP Skate Canada International 2022 29/10/2022 64.87 S

Amber GLENN USA ISU GP Skate America 2022 22/10/2022 36.69 S ISU GP Guaranteed Rate Skate America 2021 24/10/2021 67.57 S

Hanna HARRELL USA ISU CS Lombardia Trophy 2022 16/09/2022 33.64 S ISU CS Lombardia Trophy 2022 17/09/2022 59.52 S

Gabriella IZZO USA ISU CS 53rd Golden Spin of Zagreb 2021 09/12/2021 34.79 S ISU Four Continents Championships 2022 22/01/2022 58.44 S

Isabeau LEVITO USA 2022 Philadelphia Summer International 05/08/2022 38.40 S ISU GP MK John Wilson Trophy 2022 13/11/2022 74.18 S

Audrey SHIN USA ISU Four Continents Championships 2022 20/01/2022 36.40 S ISU Four Continents Championships 2022 22/01/2022 72.32 S

Lindsay THORNGREN USA 2022 Philadelphia Summer International 05/08/2022 38.25 S Challenge Cup 2022 27/02/2022 73.31 S

Ava Marie ZIEGLER USA ISU GP Skate Canada International 2022 28/10/2022 35.09 S ISU CS Budapest Trophy 2022 16/10/2022 66.67 S

Still needs one of the Worlds minimums (Gold & Hilmer have the 4CC minimums of 25 & 42) of those who have qualified for Nationals AND have competed internationally so far this season:

Gracie GOLD USA 2022 Philadelphia Summer International 05/08/2022 35.70 S 2022 Philadelphia Summer International 06/08/2022 52.63 S

Sonja HILMER USA ISU CS U.S. International FS Classic 2022 14/09/2022 31.13 S ISU CS U.S. International FS Classic 2022 15/09/2022 60.25 S

Clare SEO USA ISU CS IceChallenge 2022 11/11/2022 22.80 S ISU CS IceChallenge 2022 12/11/2022 55.82 S

ETA that Bradie does have the 4CC minimums of the 12 women who are qualified to compete at Nationals currently on the ISU's TES senior scores list:

Bradie TENNELL USA ISU GP MK John Wilson Trophy 2022 12/11/2022 28.90 S ISU GP MK John Wilson Trophy 2022 13/11/2022 45.25 S

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Skate-info-glace.com has published interviews with Isabeau and Bradie from the GP in Sheffield:

Levito:

Tennell (comments in mixed zone):

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Gracie still doesn't have the FS technical minimum so at this point USFS couldn't make that wager even if they wanted to :)

For that matter, Bradie doesn't have either minimum but has two more events to rectify this.

oh that’s right so it would not behoove Bradie to skip Finland as some people were saying because now that she has the bye to nationals why bother doing Finland. She actually needs her minimums....

AYS

🌻
Apart from Isabeau, trying to predict Nationals and the world team is next to impossible this year.

When I saw Lindsay at Philly (and how she looked at junior worlds, tbh, which showed improvement even in the short period since last year's nationals), I thought it was likely to be Isabeau, her, and someone else vying for the national podium. Her performances since have been very unexpected (by me). OTOH, seeing Ava in Philly, while I really liked her, she didn't seem remotely close technically, but from what she's shown since, she could easily make the podium with 2 good programs.

Bradie's jumps didn't look at all ready at Sheffield, but she must be landing them reasonably in practice based on what she attempted.

Amber and Gracie are total wild cards in my view. If one of them has a great nationals, they'll be on the team (I think even Gracie, if she skates up to her potential at nationals), but I'd be a bit queasy if they were both on the team together. However, I wouldn't like to see either left off the team if they really do well at Nationals, esp Amber who already was passed over in 2021 (not initiating that discussion again, just saying).

It would be quite amazing if Starr could have a great nationals and make the team. Audrey is doing well, but I agree that her jumps are suspect and given the wrong panel at worlds, that could be very dangerous; however, she's been steadier than most so far. I don't see Izzo or the others on Sylvia's list figuring into the podium but stranger things have happened.

All that said, apart from Isabeau, they're all wild cards in my view.

D

Deleted member 221

Bradie appears to be going for 7 triples in her freeskate, but perhaps she should scale back a bit.

Six, no? I didn't see her try a flip in Sheffield, and I was wondering if it was either not ready or if she's trying to correct the edge. Her free skate had two lutzes (one with 3T at the end), two loops, a salchow, and two double axels.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
You're right, I thought she was attempting 3l Euler 3f, but she did 3l Euler 2sal.

In any event, maybe she should go for a clean skate with 4 triples or something.

AngieNikodinovLove

Amber and Gracie are total wild cards in my view. If one of them has a great nationals, they'll be on the team (I think even Gracie, if she skates up to her potential at nationals), but I'd be a bit queasy if they

But I think @Karen-W said Gracie doesn’t have the minimums for worlds. Or someone said that

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
But I think @Karen-W said Gracie doesn’t have the minimums for worlds. Or someone said that
Well, it's in @Sylvia's post above. Gracie does have the 4CCs TES mins, though. So, theoretically, if she finishes top 3 at Nats, she could be sent to 4CCs and provisionally assigned to the Worlds team, contingent upon earning the Worlds FS TES min she lacks, similar to how Ilia was assigned to the Worlds team last year, contingent upon him earning the Worlds SP TES min at Challenge Cup in the Netherlands at the end of February.

skatfan

Bradie's jumps didn't look at all ready at Sheffield, but she must be landing them reasonably in practice based on what she attempted.
Bradie has been coping with an ankle injury, if I remember correctly. The only reason she came to Sheffield was that she had to compete in order to get the bye to US Nationals. This is clearly a rebuilding year for her. Based on her injury and lack of competitions, I don't see her on the podium at Nationals.

The rest of the field is pretty wide open, which will make nationals exciting this year!

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Bradie has been coping with an ankle injury, if I remember correctly. The only reason she came to Sheffield was that she had to compete in order to get the bye to US Nationals. This is clearly a rebuilding year for her. Based on her injury and lack of competitions, I don't see her on the podium at Nationals.

The rest of the field is pretty wide open, which will make nationals exciting this year!

“Bye” to US Nationals and, if a high finisher (up to 5th pl), some ISU prize money…which didn’t happen this time.

AngieNikodinovLove

not sure if that’s the only reason, if she were to be on the world team she doesn’t have any minimums

Karen-W

not sure if that’s the only reason, if she were to be on the world team she doesn’t have any minimums
Yet. She does still have Espoo this week and Golden Spin in another 2.5 weeks. And, again, as would be the case with Gracie, if Bradie made top 3 at Nats, since she DOES have the 4CCs TES mins, she'd be named to the Worlds team contingent on her earning the Worlds TES mins.

I don't understand why anyone is ruling out any of the women who have the 4CCs TES mins, or any mins at all for that matter because the USFS would send a top 3 finisher at Nats to Bavarian Open (week after Nats), 4CCs (2nd week of Feb) or Challenge Cup (last week of Feb - last chance for skaters/teams worldwide to earn Worlds TES mins) as they have in years past when hoping to get skaters qualified for the World team.

Allskate

After reading her Sheffield interview, it doesn't sound like she's in great condition. The injuries have taken a big toll. I feel bad for her. She definitely sounds determined, though.

Karen-W

Karen-W

Here's the full list, for anyone who doesn't want to click over, lol:
Senior Women
Junior Women
  • Adele Zheng (junior sectionals)
  • Annika Chao (novice sectionals)
  • Ela Cui (novice sectionals)
  • Elyce Lin-Gracey (junior sectionals)
  • Hannah Herrera (junior sectionals)
  • Jessica Jurka (novice sectionals)
  • Katie Krafchik (junior sectionals)
  • Keira Hilbelink (novice sectionals)
  • Krystal Edwards (junior sectionals)
  • Lilah Gibson (junior sectionals)
  • Logan Higase-Chen (junior sectionals)
  • Melania Blecic (novice sectionals)
  • Mia Barghout (junior sectionals)
  • Olivia Flores (novice sectionals)
  • Phoebe Stubblefield (junior sectionals)
  • Sarah Everhardt (junior sectionals)
  • Sherry Zhang (junior sectionals)
  • Sofia Bezkorovainaya (bye petition)
  • Soho Lee (junior sectionals)

Last edited:

Karen-W

So what you're telling me is that there was a several page fight about whether Karen had the right to use her bye to US Nationals for no good reason. :lol:
Can't be any more ridiculous than the pissing match in the Russian general news thread about the score inflation happening on their fauxGP. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information