U.S. Pairs 2019-20 season - News & Updates, Part X

PairSkater12345

Someone else here noted that Nate had moved to California to train. Katie had posted on her Instagram about moving on to an exciting transition. And there was at least one training clip posted by Jim Peterson on Instagram that was included in a TSL Insta-skating training clips montage last November. At about 5:26, Katie/Nate execute a throw 3-loop:

Thanks for sharing. This is a cool clip showing the fun relationship that Brandon, Chris & Alexa have enjoyed for many years. It's nice that Brandon was able to move out to California and start working with Alexa off-ice and planning their next moves. It's a bonus that they're friends and have known each other for a long time.
Fun

skylark

New lift!!!

Let us have it!!!!!!

Wowza! I love it! I think this is the new one they did during their "in the woods" tribute for Blades for the Brave.

ETA: Correction: this lift is a combination of elements of the two lifts they did in that performance.

Last edited:

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
New lift!!!

Let us have it!!!!!!

The lift position is rather pleasing,but I find the gratuitous nudity unnecessary and off-putting. I reserve judgement until it actually materializes on the ice with proper attire.

-BB

vireo

The lift position is rather pleasing,but I find the gratuitous nudity unnecessary and off-putting. I reserve judgement until it actually materializes on the ice with proper attire.

-BB

The nudity isn't gratuitious. They're in Texas where it's hot; Tim needs the ventilation. You wouldn't want him to get all steamy and sweaty, would you? .....Well, maybe you would. :shuffle:

skylark

I don't normally like I-lifts for pairs, but I do like this one a lot.

And in case someone would like to re-watch, or see it for the first time, here's Ashley and Tim's lovely tribute to the frontline health-care workers. The woods provide a nice ambience, and A&T are properly attired. :)

A&T's segment is at 31:40. Randy Gardner gives them a nice intro at 31:23.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

-BB

In these times of quarantine, I have filed an addendum to allow some gratuitous nudity. However, once we are nearing the end of this situation full onesies and caftans should be required.

- ANL

DreamSkates

-BB
There is more covered up than one sees at the beach. And they are at home in their exercise gear.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Ok Ladybirds, SquirrelFriends and Kittygirls!!!!

I have a treat for all of you ....

Wait for it...

Wait for it........

Wait for it.............

Timothy joined IG!!!!

Love...

Last edited:

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
The nudity isn't gratuitious. They're in Texas where it's hot; Tim needs the ventilation. You wouldn't want him to get all steamy and sweaty, would you? .....Well, maybe you would. :shuffle:

Indeed,Texas is warm. I do think a sensible tank would have sufficed for that climate.

However I may be somewhat biased as I have always detested excessively manicured chest hair. Gentlemen,a word of advice: let it grow.

-BB

aftershocks

Banned Member
Ok Ladybirds, SquirrelFriends and Kittygirls!!!!

I have a treat for all of you ....

I'd heard that Timothy had signed up on Instagram, but he didn't post much right away. He said he mostly posted pictures of his plants. Ashley said Timothy talks to his plants. That's sweet. Thanks for sharing that recent post of Timothy chilling with his plants...

I love it! Timothy is a plants diva! :D

Timothy also posted a funny video of himself falling at various stages of his career: competitions, training practices, a lot of weird falls performing on cruise ships. It's so funny and rather cool of Timothy to poke fun at himself. Honestly, falling down is a necessary part of skating, and it keeps athletes humble and open to learning. The more you make mistakes and endure, the more you grow!

Tim's post reminds me of Michael Jordan pointing out:
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost more than 300 games. 20 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that's why I succeed."

:cheer2: :respec:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

And NOone does hairy chest more than Alec Baldwin circa 80s and early 90s!

Dangggg

Oh, my... we have gotten to a BIG topic drift here. Sorry administrators. #WhatCanWeSay?

skylark

Taking it back. I'm watching Ashley, not Tim, during this wonderful lift. What I notice is that she's developed a new and more dramatic leg position than she's had in the past. It adds to the wow factor. And I love the back walk-over exit.

Also, I love Ashley and Tim's group 5 Reverse Lasso lift, which they developed and improved little by little during the 2019-20 season (they first performed it at International Classic, SLC). At Nationals 2020, they'd added a few seconds of a "no-hands" position for Ashley. I've followed C/L since 2016, and they improve bit by bit and it's so impressive!

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ That's definitely one of the assets G-G/LD have as a team. From the beginning of their partnership, they've always maintained an upbeat, can-do attitude, and they've steadily shown improvement by working hard and taking worthwhile risks. Every team/ every athlete experience setbacks because that's the nature of sport and of life. It's about how you manage those setbacks and continue pushing forward that matters and that can make a difference over the long haul.

One thing I've been thinking about is how the skaters are doing who are at the in-between levels and who need to work and make money in order to keep training. For teams like Pfund/Santillan, Timlen/ Highgate-Brutman and so many others, I hope they are receiving support and encouragement during this time that can see them through to be able to continue competing.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, as it's made other sites. Fortunately, not a serious mishap, but oh my, we can hear the sound effect before Tarah's head actually makes contact with the light fixture. I can't tell whether her laugh is hysterics, and it actually hurt a little, or it's just relief and humor at the craziness of it all:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NTXV6D9mw/

At least they are finding ways to get their training in. Plus, this looks like a really exciting lift! So far, I haven't had skating withdrawal symptoms, but I just may begin to for my fave pairs discipline! :watch: :wuzrobbed

But yeah, safety first in more ways than one. Be careful training everyone!

ETA:
A cool training idea from Jessica Calalang:

Last edited:

pairskatingfan

Sorry, don't know where else to ask. Is there a topic for discussing pairs for other countries? Being locked up in quarantine I've been watching so much skating and I'd like to know where to go to talk about pairs from other countries

skatingguy

decently
Sorry, don't know where else to ask. Is there a topic for discussing pairs for other countries? Being locked up in quarantine I've been watching so much skating and I'd like to know where to go to talk about pairs from other countries
There is a thread for Canadian Pairs, and for other countries there are specific threads for some countries, and some general threads by region for other countries with smaller footprints in figure skating. Then there's also a pairs only thread in the trashcan.

skylark

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted here yet, as it's made other sites. Fortunately, not a serious mishap, but oh my, we can hear the sound effect before Tarah's head actually makes contact with the light fixture.

It hadn't been posted, but someone mentioned it around the time it happened. Seeing how forcefully he lifted her and hearing that "clunk" of her head was awful. Made me a little sick at my stomach. Just posting this in case anyone suspects they might have reactions like mine. Be forewarned.

On the positive side, loved the pilates posts from Jessica.

Also on the positive side, most of the US pairs we've seen posts of or heard from since March have worked out a way to be quarantining together. Very smart ... and they're creating new lifts and moves, which not only bodes well for next season, but also is a good workout for the brain (both sides) and is nice to prevent boredom in the meantime.

PairSkater12345

It hadn't been posted, but someone mentioned it around the time it happened. Seeing how forcefully he lifted her and hearing that "clunk" of her head was awful. Made me a little sick at my stomach. Just posting this in case anyone suspects they might have reactions like mine. Be forewarned.

On the positive side, loved the pilates posts from Jessica.

Also on the positive side, most of the US pairs we've seen posts of or heard from since March have worked out a way to be quarantining together. Very smart ... and they're creating new lifts and moves, which not only bodes well for next season, but also is a good workout for the brain (both sides) and is nice to prevent boredom in the meantime.
This has got to be parity. Are you kidding? These pairs women are tough as nails and feisty. You must be confusing pairs girls with dance girls. LOL That little bump was nothing compared to a hard fall in a triple throw or falling on a lift. Both of these unfortunate mishaps happen all the time, and guess what she thought it was funny. The pairs girls get up and do it again immediately. Make your stomach sick? LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information