Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Well, you should guard against injury, and a lot of skaters do not (intentionally) go 'full throttle' at a Senior B for this reason. It is a personal choice. Why do think some skaters choose to skip 4CC? - for example. ;)
I think that is an entirely different mind set and has as much to do with where the event is placed in the season and travel, etc., as it does with anything else.
If Polina had another gear (i.e. full throttle) she should have used it today. That was horrible for her.

Bellanca

I think that is an entirely different mind set and has as much to do with where the event is placed in the season and travel, etc., as it does with anything else.
If Polina had another gear (i.e. full throttle) she should have used it today. That was horrible for her.
My comments/posts are not meant to be interpreted as if I am solely focusing on or directing them toward Polina's SP when discussing or commenting on this particular Senior B comp - Finlandia. I'm making general comments and observations that do not primarily concern her. However, one Polina Edmunds observation that we can all agree on, I would imagine, is that today was not a good day for her, as you've already mentioned. She'll have to regroup and live to fight another day.

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
This is where I admire Tara Lipinski. If you got it put it out there (Granted she was 15/16). But she still says that today. Don't conserve, don't build towards tomorrow, b/c tomorrow could pass you by in a heartbeat.... but thats just me.

USFSA could choose you if you placed 4th at Nats (hello Miss Wagner) because you medaled at Nebelhorn, CoC and SkAm versus nada, nada, nada and a surprise bronze at Nats. Id rather build a resume of accolades now than hopefully landing on the podium with not much else backing it up on the INTERNATIONAL stage. But again just my philosophy... neither right nor wrong. :)

Last edited:

Bellanca

Caroline. She's already in much better shape. I hate to count Polina out, but I don't see her being up to par by Nationals
Certainly not at this point, I agree.

Re: Caroline, I've learned never to count anyone out. BIG mistake! And, @Jeschke :gallopin1 would cheer until the cows come home!:encore: :)

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Bradie has had one good competition, but I want to see her hit on bigger stages this season.

I'm also interested in how Tennell does on the GP. Tennell has had an impressive summer, winning the Broadmoor Open and then winning the Philly International Senior B, beating Wang, Hicks, Glenn, Andrews, and Hong before competing well at Lombardia to finish 4th. She's reallly emerged this season, but last year was quite decent for a newbie: she defeated Mariah Bell at the Tallinn Trophy to earn the bronze medal and also finished 7th at junior worlds.

olympic

There is more structure to the U.S. men's field than the U.S. ladies! My highly organized self suffers thinking about ladies.

Bellanca

Let's now go with Mirai Nagasu or Karen Chen? :D
Assuming Mirai fully rotates all her jumps and lands a clean 3A? Mirai. But, oh boy! Karen will pull in some hefty marks if she goes clean. With her speed alone, etc. and when she is on her game – tough call.

DimaToe

Retired by Frank Carroll
Chen because inexplicably she's now the judges' favourite :blah:
Well to be fair she is the most IJS friendly women's skater the U.S. has at the moment, but i understand why people are not warming up to her this season, her programs are just so beneath her abilities IMO. I hope she goes to a Canadian choreographer before nationals and does some damage control.

Next one

Tessa Hong or Amber Glenn?

VGThuy

What's that? Not a fan at all of her juniorish skating

Speed, skating skills, big jumps, great carriage, carrying through with a performance, line, having one of the most artistic SPs last season, etc. She carries it through and isn’t lazy about it. I don’t give a crap if you like her. She’s fantastic and I’m glad she got the scores last season to prove her worth whether you like her or not.

Spun Silver

I think Karen is fabulous but as a Mirai fan I dont mind her struggling with UR, inconsistency and poor choreography and music choices this season. Sorry, Karen. Conquer the world next season.

icellist

I really like both of Mirai's programs this season (if only she could skate the SP like she did at Autumn classic). I also really enjoy Bradie's FS. So those are the two I'm rooting this season. Karen's programs (and Mariah's FS) aren't inspired this season. I don't mind repeating one program but both is a bit egregious. I'd say I'm rooting for Angela to surprise at nationals this year.

^^ Between Amber and Tessa, I'd count on Amber for consistency (even though she pops). Tessa had one good SP last year and has been pretty subpar for her FSs.

GullyGirl84

Serious question-how likely do people here think it is that Gracie will compete at all this season? I know that she hasn't announced that, but to me, her August statement had a big "READ BETWEEN THE LINES PEOPLE" feel to it. But then I read about people seriously talking about her coming back, and it makes me think I've been pessimistic. But I'm betting against it at this point.

Maximillian

RIP TA
Yeah, I'm not expecting her to compete (she's my second fave US lady after Mirai) and am surprised that people are seriously considering she is. I would love if she did, but am definitely thinking that it's not going to happen...

ETA: Just watched Polina's SP from Finlandia and I'm intrigued that she didn't attempt a lutz or flip, even as a solo jump, she looked to have run out of gas by the 2A and she doesn't look ready for primetime. More will be revealed in the FS...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information