U.S. Figure Skating & NBC Sports Group Partner on Media Rights Agreement through 2026

Josh78

I never received anything about a discount code, got everything transferred easily, but at $59.99 instead of $49.99 -- guess I'm paying $10 more than the rest of you all....

momnatur

How do you log out? I can't see any of the archived figure skating links. Weird.

I'm glad to see the US International Classic on the list of competitions though. Hopefully it will work when the time comes.

Look on the very top line in the black banner ... on the very far right you will see "More", click on the word and a right side panel will open. The very first thing in that panel is a big black Logout button. If that still doesn't work, then maybe you are not getting the same pages that most of us are..

Please let me know if this worked for you and, if not, I'll try to help the best I can.

momnatur

I never received anything about a discount code, got everything transferred easily, but at $59.99 instead of $49.99 -- guess I'm paying $10 more than the rest of you all....

Try writing to support and see if they can help you. So far, I haven't heard any complaints from those that wrote them. I, for one, had a very good experience.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Look on the very top line in the black banner ... on the very far right you will see "More", click on the word and a right side panel will open. The very first thing in that panel is a big black Logout button. If that still doesn't work, then maybe you are not getting the same pages that most of us are..

Please let me know if this worked for you and, if not, I'll try to help the best I can.

Yes I am definitely seeing something different. There is no more tab.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DhOxnqMXkAE3LgY.jpg:large is what I see.

aftershocks

Banned Member

@Josh78, skatesindreams earlier mentioned having a similar problem as you. But she wrote to NBC and got it straightened out so that she got the discount. Try contacting them to get the discount and have the $10 taken out credited back to your account.

After hearing some of the issues people have had, it appears that not getting the email instructions in a timely fashion is minor, especially since I was able to eventually figure out how to log on and reset the password. Now, as far as using the site easily and accessing videos with no technical snafus, and especially as far as live-streaming during the season, the jury is still out. Here's hoping... :drama:

OrioleBeagle

AARROOOO!!!
The only reason I subscribed to Ice Network was for Regionals and Nationals (To see all the WISA ice dance teams) Will Gold have the SAME coverage as IN?

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I was away for a few days of vacation but I saw that I got an email from NBC Sports Gold during my trip. I checked the site now that I'm home and everything was set correctly for me. I got my account set up, I was only charged the reduced rate, and I can see and play all the archived videos. Hopefully this works out well this season! :cheer:

Good luck to everyone in getting their accounts and info set up. Glad to hear NBC SG responds pretty quickly when you contact them. :)

aftershocks

Banned Member
The only reason I subscribed to Ice Network was for Regionals and Nationals (To see all the WISA ice dance teams) Will Gold have the SAME coverage as IN?

I believe that Regionals and Nationals will be provided on US figureskating's revamped fanzone site. Stay tuned...

It doesn't appear that all of the press conferences and Ice Desk features have been transferred over? :wall: They really need to explain whether those archived features will be provided on US figure skating's fan zone site and what's going to happen in future! At the least, they should be providing the past press conferences for all events on NBC gold, as well as sp and fp for all the U.S. Nats events, which I don't see at the moment. The old archived interviews and ice desk features should be offered on U.S. figure skating fan zone if they aren't going to be available on NBC Gold.

I'm getting some odd separation of the audio commentary on my feed for U.S. Nats men (and it only appears that the sps are available). Where are the fps? :duh: :drama:

Last edited:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I didn't get a notification email until Tuesday of this week, but I logged on to the site the week prior and the account was there. So, you should log on and check regardless

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I believe that Regionals and Nationals will be provided on US figureskating's revamped fanzone site. Stay tuned...

NBC Sports Gold will have the junior and senior competitions from Regionals, Sectionals, and Nationals. Novice and below will be shown on the new US Figure Skating Fan Zone.

Starting July 1, 2018, the Figure Skating Pass on NBC Sports Gold will provide live and on-demand coverage of the U.S. Championships (junior and senior), ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, ISU World Championships, ISU Four Continents Championships, ISU European Championships, U.S. International Figure Skating Classic and the ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships. Live offerings will also include the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships (senior, junior and collegiate levels) and the U.S. Sectional Figure Skating Championships (senior and junior levels). The U.S. Regional Championships (junior and senior levels) and the U.S. Synchronized Skating Sectional Championships (senior, junior and collegiate levels), will be available on-demand.

The revamped U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone, which will launch in late August, will stream figure skating competition levels (novice, intermediate and juvenile) and synchronized skating levels not appearing on NBC Sports Gold, as well as many other events (including the U.S. Adult Sectional and Championships, Theatre on Ice, National Showcase and more). These events will be free to view.

OrioleBeagle

AARROOOO!!!
I just noticed that NBC gold charged my credit card. I am trying to figure out how to cancel and get my money back.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Warning for Roku users... do not try to activate your Gold subscription on Roku using Safari on an iPad. For some strange reason, NBC wants you to be using a computer, not a tablet, to verify your credentials before authorizing the Roku stick.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Thanks @TanithandBenFan for that info.

Now, is anyone else having the same issue with finding where the 2018 U.S. Championships mens free skate is located??? They really need to get this transfer organized properly. :drama:

ETA:
As far as I can tell, the following events for 2018 U.S. figure skating championships are not posted on the NBC Sports Gold site: the men's free program, the ladies' short program, the pairs short program, and the ice dance free dance.

I only see the men's short program, the ladies' free program, the pairs free program, and the ice dance short dance.

But there is no specific identification under the posts, so you have to click on men's, ladies', pairs, and ice dance to even find out what portion of the event the posted videos are covering!!! :wall: :wuzrobbed :revenge:

Last edited:

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
I even tried the iPad app. It let me login but the only event replays that show up are motocross. At least I found the logout tab though :p

Same here with the NBC Gold iPad app. I'm afraid we may be out of luck since the app required Location Services to be on when I first loaded it - there are some apps like WatchABC and now Eurosport Player that VPNs won't work on. Luckily "Request Desktop Site" on Safari did work (you have to request desktop or it'll force playing through the app, and then nothing happens).

Is the iOS app working within the US? Even US Nats appears geoblocked now which is unfortunate.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I just noticed that NBC gold charged my credit card. I am trying to figure out how to cancel and get my money back.
I haven't tried signing in yet. Do I use the same password and email address for NBC Gold that I had with IceNetwork. I just want to make sure they haven't charged anything using my credit card. I think it may be an old credit card that I had with IceNetwork listed in my wallet on there. At least I hope so.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Same here with the NBC Gold iPad app. I'm afraid we may be out of luck since the app required Location Services to be on when I first loaded it - there are some apps like WatchABC and now Eurosport Player that VPNs won't work on. Luckily "Request Desktop Site" on Safari did work (you have to request desktop or it'll force playing through the app, and then nothing happens).

Is the iOS app working within the US? Even US Nats appears geoblocked now which is unfortunate.

But you can watch the US domestic events from Canada. I've done it for years. And it even lists Canada as one of the countries you can purchase from on the subscription page.

Requesting desktop site shows video is initializing but then nothing happens and it also says browser out of date.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
But you can watch the US domestic events from Canada. I've done it for years. And it even lists Canada as one of the countries you can purchase from on the subscription page.

Requesting desktop site shows video is initializing but then nothing happens and it also says browser out of date.

Yeah, I’ve watched US Nats on IN without VPN too - but when I try now on NBC Gold the video doesn’t load. :( I did get it to work with the desktop site and VPN on the iPad, not sure why it’s not loading in your case.

If Canada’s listed as supported you think it would work, hmm. Maybe I was trying an NBC broadcast and it’s those that don’t work? Will have to check.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I haven't tried signing in yet. Do I use the same password and email address for NBC Gold that I had with IceNetwork. I just want to make sure they haven't charged anything using my credit card. I think it may be an old credit card that I had with IceNetwork listed in my wallet on there. At least I hope so.

Check earlier in this thread for the log-in instructions provided by @momnatur. :)

Logging in on NBCSportsGold site is not even half the battle, alas. :angryfire :( So far NBC has been inept and underwhelming. Very poor customer service. I suppose they will blame IN... no matter who's to blame, fans are being screwed over.

Last edited:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
momnature said:
Please visit NBCSportsGold.com, click the "Log In" button and follow these 3 steps to set up your account and get started:
  • Click "I forgot my password"
  • Enter the email associated with your icentwork account and click "Reset"
  • Check your inbox for an email from NBC Sports Gold and follow the directions to create a new password
Start enjoying the Figure Skating Pass now - relive the 2017 ISU Figure Skating Grand Prix and ISU Four Continents!"

This is the "fine" print:

"This message was sent to you because you are a subscriber of NBC Sports Gold.

Please DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE. Contact [email protected] if you need any assistance with your account. If you are having problems contacting us, send a letter c/o: Webmaster at NBCSports.com, 1 Blachley Rd Stamford, Connecticut, 06902, United States

Thanks for you help on this. I used the email associated with my IceNetwork acct., and clicked on 'reset password'. So then I saw a message that said it didn't recognize my email address. I checked my email anyway, and nothing was there. I had an account with IceNetwork for several years, though.

I guess this means that I don't have to worry about my credit card info from IceNetwork since it didn't carry over to NBC Sports Gold, and that's fine by me.

peibeck

Simply looking
I didn't have any problems getting my new password set and logging in. Just tested an event from last season and it worked great. So far so good for me. (Knock on wood.)

floridaice

I never got an email, so I logged in the NBC Gold site with the email address I used on IceNetwork and reset my password. They had attempted to charge my old credit card (which I had updated on IceNetwork to a valid card) twice. I emailed Customer Service, explained that I had not gotten an email to set up an account, and that the credit card info they had was incorrect and not the info I had updated at IceNetwork. Within 24 hours I had gotten a reply and an apology, along with a discount code for the subscription. I played a couple of the videos after I got my account set up -- wonderful resolution. Haven't tried to cast anything to the TV yet, that's next!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information