U.S. Figure Skating & NBC Sports Group Partner on Media Rights Agreement through 2026

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Sounds like they let people update the info after they had sent the file over to NBC.

Maybe, but my info should have been fine to begin with since the card I used to renew IN last summer was still valid. Oh well, at least my account *was* transferred over to NBC so there hopefully won't be an issue with getting the discount code.

kittyjake5

I never got the Email so I clicked on the link up post followed the instructions typed in my email address then I had to choose a new password and it worked for me. I can access everything plus on demand. So far everything seems good.

Firedancer

I just got an email from NBC Gold with a promo code to get the discounted rate. Hopefully, everything should be good now.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
After all of the issues with their system when trying to update profile credit card info -- there was no credit card on my profile when I updated it after they fixed the issue -- they charged an old account number that I now only use for recurring debits (and have direct deposit to cover those amounts). If I hadn't just checked, and hadn't had enough time to do a transfer from my primary account, my next recurring debit would have bounced.

So far, at least I don't see a duplicate charge on the credit card that's actually on file.

BrightSkates

Flop era commenced
I have the same problem that my old card was transferred but not the new one! I wrote to both - Icenetwork and NBC Gold. As a former software developer the IN tech team incompetence is mind boggling! Hopefully better team works at NBC.

momnatur

Bright Skates,

As a former software developer myself, I am absolutely amazed at what I see online, how things (don't) work and the general incompetence of staffk and especially customer serviced representatives.

I hope you're right about NBC, but time will tell.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
Get yourself a VPN (they cost pennies compared to IN) and use the ISU (read Eurosport) feed.

It's another thing I've been doing when IceNotwork was being, well, IceNotwork. But as someone else pointed out - for US Nationals and the US Classic, video of Glacier Falls, etc, that's no good for me. Nationals won't be a problem this season but in future seasons it will be.

emason

Another one here with updated info that didn’t go through correctly. I’ve e-mailed NBC customer service, but no reply yet, although it hasn’t been 24 hours. I’m hoping for a resolution tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who posted info and tips.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
I never got the Email so I clicked on the link up post followed the instructions typed in my email address then I had to choose a new password and it worked for me. I can access everything plus on demand. So far everything seems good.
Same here, no clue why I am not getting emails but the password reset worked too.

breathesgelatin

My account was weird. I saw the charge on my account at the discounted $49.99 rate. I don't have an email from IceNetwork or NBC Sports Gold since June 8. But I tried the advice above about logging in on NBC Sports Gold and it asked me to reset my password, which I did. When I first logged in after the password reset it appeared I did not have the figure skating subscription. But I logged out and logged back in and then everything worked. I'm going to check out Worlds on their platform and see what the quality is like.

It's kind of cool because the other weird niche sport we follow, IndyCar, is going to have an NBC Sports Gold package next year. So that's convenient.

Debbie S

I didn't get an e-mail from NBC but followed the instructions posted here and was able to log in and see the skating vids. I hope NBC will start organizing the coming season's vids by event, we'll see, but as long as the video doesn't freeze (and can be accessed on mobile wi-fi), I'll be happy.

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
At the time that I put in my new card info, I was concerned because there did not appear to be a way to delete the old defunct bank card. All I could do was make the new card the default.
It doesn't matter. I had no credit card on my account when I went to add the new one after they fixed the site, and they charged my old bank card. They are clearly pulling from a different source than the current Icenetwork accounts.

ETA: I just logged in, and they only have the debit card they charged in my account on NBCsports, and not the one on my Icenetwork account.

Firedancer

I was able to use the promo code I received today to receive the discount rate. I opened a video just to see the quality and it does seem much better than Icenetwork. Hopefully, it is that way when watching a live event and more than one short program.

leigh466

I also received my discount code from NBC Gold. I'm not yet able to access video, but maybe tomorrow.

Lizziebeth

I just received my email from NBC and was able to successfully update my password. Logged on again to be sure it worked. My credit card on Icenetwork was up to date so I never made any changes. I guess I was lucky.

momnatur

Hi folks,

Before I had figured everything out that I have already shared, I had a question about whether I needed to change my password, as per the instructions I posted earlier. So I wrote to [email protected] around 8:30p on 1 July and my reply came about 10:30a the next day.

So after that, I came here to see what was new and found that the number of people with problems seems to have tripled. Yikes! So I got an idea and went to work on that and that's why I was quiet yesterday.

My idea didn't work out as I had hoped, but all is not lost yet... this is what I did:

The person who answered my email is Lindak. So I wrote to her asking if there was any way that I could help getting your problems solved. I used words like "correctly" and "the first time" in my attempt to this person, who seems so knowledgable and thorough, to say that she would be willing to be the "go-to" for you folks. I described some of the problems you've shared, esspecially RougeSkater's issue (I was completely horrified by those actions!) without using any names, of course.

Her email reply merely said that anyone with problems should contact them at the email address mentioned above. Of course, you all know that by now.

So I tried one more time, just a few minutes ago, commenting on the large number of people who have not received any replies that have already written to them :biggrinbo (I deliberately stretched the truth a bit.) I also asked about turnaround time for new emails, since she responded to me so quickly.

If I have any better luck to report, it will be right here. I can't promise, but, at least I did try. Even if I can't get her to allow support emails to go directly to her, I would encourage anyone with a problem to write to their support addresss (above) ahd have your say.

Watch here for more IF/WHEN I have anything.

By the way, thank you to all the people who have helped me over the past however many years it has been that I've been on here. I can always count on someone having an answer to whatever question(s) I've had.

momnatur

I also received my discount code from NBC Gold. I'm not yet able to access video, but maybe tomorrow.

Your access should be immediate. Try logging out and back in again. The Figure Skating stuff is on the very end of the top menu. That is what tripped me up initially. (You will not find any figure skating anything on the drop down menu, because there isn't any [live] figure skating on right now. But that is exactly what I tried to do...)

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Got my discount code - still need to purchase but hopefully all will be good. Definitely email support if there's an issue.

Catherine M

Just back from vacation and see that my renewal went through just fine at the discounted rate. Feel lucky after reading everyone's problems.

Giving NBC gold a chance so hopefully the annoying buffering issues will be no more.

leigh466

Your access should be immediate. Try logging out and back in again. The Figure Skating stuff is on the very end of the top menu. That is what tripped me up initially. (You will not find any figure skating anything on the drop down menu, because there isn't any [live] figure skating on right now. But that is exactly what I tried to do...)
I received a response. The problem was that I had Firefox set to not accept third party cookies. A bit disturbing because you cannot simply set a single site as OK to accept third-party cookies (an exception). You must set the browser setting for all sites. I'm a bit confused since I watch video/streaming video on many other sites and this has never happened before. Anyway it works now, and I may just use Chrome or another browser just for NBC Gold. Thank you for trying to help!

danafan

Canadian ladies über

How do you log out? I can't see any of the archived figure skating links. Weird.

I'm glad to see the US International Classic on the list of competitions though. Hopefully it will work when the time comes.

Firedancer

If you are on the watch live tab, log out is on the right side under where it says speed skating and blazers.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
If you are on the watch live tab, log out is on the right side under where it says speed skating and blazers.

Thanks for trying to help but there is no logout button there and I tried chrome and firefox. I'm going to email them. This is so weird.

danafan

Canadian ladies über
I even tried the iPad app. It let me login but the only event replays that show up are motocross. At least I found the logout tab though :p

emason

Alas, I have received no reply and am still locked out and tomorrow is the 4th of July. Maybe I will hear from NBC on Thursday. Congrats to everyone who has had success so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information