The Voice - Spring 2021

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I'm looking forward to the new season which has been announced for March 1. The good news is that Nick Jonas will be one of the judges along with Kelly, John, & Blake. I actually enjoyed Gwen last time but :swoon: glad Nick's coming back.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
This. I don’t find her to be that good at song selection or packaging her contestants to appeal to a mostly white, middle aged, non-urban audience.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Last night was The Voice finale. The winner will be revealed tonight. Did anyone else notice that Cam was being pimped as hard as possible? The other 4 contestants sang & then Blake sang his new release & then after another commercial break Cam sang his 1st song with about 20 dancers & a huge display. It was like the other 4 were supporting characters for him. But later they all sang their 2nd song & he was not the best by a long shot. Victor closed the show & he slayed. It was probably too late for him because they opened the voting at the start of the show. I know American Idol does the same but The Voice has a separate reveal show so they have no excuse for it.

As for the others Kenzee was solid but IMO Jordan & Rachel were just so-so. Rachel absolutely butchered her 2nd song. Why would she take on a Stevie Nicks song & why would Nick let her?

moebius

That's b/c Cam has star quality. Plus it's Blake's 10th year on the show. Wouldn't it be sweet if he won on his 10yr anniversary? I hope Cam wins so that Kelly won't rub it in Blake's face. This is the reason I don't like this show anymore b/c it's all about the judges. Kelly blocked Kenzie from Blake who really wanted to be coached by Blake. I don't think it's fair to the contestants if they don't have all the available coaches to choose from due to the block. Yeah, Kelly mentioned several times that she feels bad for blocking Blake from Kenzie, but still she denied Kenzie the opportunity to work with the coach of his dreams. Kelly is the most annoying coach on the Voice ever, even more than Miley or at least on equal levels. That's the only reason why I don't want Kenzie to win. If Kenzie was on Blake's team, I wouldn't be more okay with him winning.

Victor's 2nd performance reminded me of Chris Blue's finale performance.

I also don't like that each coach gets a contestant in the finale. Again, it's about the coaches, not the contestants. Some of the better contestants were booted off before their time b/c there were too many strong contestants on their coaches' team. Whereas some weaker contestants made it to the finale b/c their coach had a weak team.

I lost interest this season after Avery Robinson got the boot. I don't like country music, but I was interested in listening to his performances b/c of his tone. His beautiful tone made country music palatable. He's the first country contestant on either the Voice or AI that I actually like. Too bad he looked timid on stage. I wish Kelly kept Avery, so that Blake could steal Kenzie. Yeah, right! Fat chance that will happen. I also thought that Bradley (nerdy guy with glasses who lost to Rachael in the battles) was interesting to watch. I wish someone would have stole him so that I could see him progress on the show.

I would rank last night's performances in the following order:
1. Cam
2. Victor
3/4. Jordan/Kenzie
5. Rachael

Last edited:

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I see Cam’s win a proof that Voice viewers have better hearing than AI viewers :slinkaway

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information