"The Runthrough" podcast with Adam & Ashley

Sylvia

TBD
In the 3rd and final Fierce or Flutz "hypothetical" question at the end of the Saved by the Mariah Bell episode, Adam and Sarah (the podcast's producer; Ashley was away on vacation) asked Mariah "Stabbing someone on practice ice at the World Championships - yes (fierce) or no (flutz)?": https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podca...-the-mariah-bell/id1678259172?i=1000621873445
Also available to listen to on this platform, among others:

ETA that Sarah's first "Fierce or Flutz?" question (at 47 mins.) involved Sotnikova's infamous recent interview about testing positive at the 2014 Olympics and subsequent claim that she was acquitted via her B sample (link to the discussion in GSD: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...y-for-team-medals.109402/page-91#post-6447184)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
September 1, 2023 episode:
Ashley and Adam bring on their favorite frenemy, journalist Phil Hersh, to talk about the best/worst program music in figure skating and some of his favorite interviews over the years.
This episode also includes a moment [at the beginning] to honor Alex Paul, who passed away suddenly last week. If you'd like to donate to the fund to support her husband Mitch and her infant son Charlie, please go to https://www.gofundme.com/f/supporting-baby-charlie-loss-of-mother-alex-paul. Thank you.

Sylvia

TBD
"As the Challenger Series gets underway, Ashley tells us about her lifelong boycott of the Challenger Series. We also recap Lombardia Trophy and discuss our vision for a figure skating fantasy league." Sept. 14 episode:

B.Cooper

"As the Challenger Series gets underway, Ashley tells us about her lifelong boycott of the Challenger Series. We also recap Lombardia Trophy and discuss our vision for a figure skating fantasy league." Sept. 14 episode:
Well... the ISU Challenger Series began in the 2014/2015 season...so essentially Wagner, whose final competition IIRC was the '18 US Nationals, essentially did not compete in the Challenger series for one OLY cycle....not quite a lifelong boycott ;-)

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Turns out Ashley was talking about Senior B comps. :)

Sept. 28th episode recaps Nebelhorn and Autumn Classic: "If you've got the cat body, wear the catsuit.":

"Skating Twitter" is brought up briefly... Ashley has joined Threads but there's not much happening there yet; Adam is boycotting X these days.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD

Sylvia

TBD
Ashley's 2 posts on Twitter/X today: https://twitter.com/AshWagner2010/status/1717218977942753329
We are reliably chaotic, and we are also back. I continue my streak of having no idea what I’m talking about and it’s fun!
This episode of the runthrough also goes deep into the dress conspiracy of the season thanks to
@sarahhughes11 (and by deep I mean we stick a toe in the icy waters of drama). This sport is insane and I love it.

mtnskater

I’ve always been big fans of Adam and Ashley’s skating. They are a little too chaotic for me on the podcast. I prefer a more organized discussion. When they aren’t joking around so much and give their honest opinions about the skating I enjoy them the most. But sometimes I don’t finish the episode because of the chaos and disorganization.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
What’s the crap about “Not Olympic Champion Sarah Hughes?” Sarah won in 2002.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
What’s the crap about “Not Olympic Champion Sarah Hughes?” Sarah won in 2002.
Frau, maybe investigate things before you constantly comment in distress (or listen to a podcast other than the one you always post about!)

Sarah Hughes works with the NBC team as a producer, sitting alongside Tara, Johnny, and Terry. She is clarifying she's not the same person as the Olympic Champion.

Frau Muller

Frau, maybe investigate things before you constantly comment in distress (or listen to a podcast other than the one you always post about!)

Sarah Hughes works with the NBC team as a producer, sitting alongside Tara, Johnny, and Terry. She is clarifying she's not the same person as the Olympic Champion.
So not the Hughes skating family…someone with the same name? I hate podcasters who giggle as if every listener knows the chit-chat background. They obviously don’t want new audiences.

Desperado

I’ve always been big fans of Adam and Ashley’s skating. They are a little too chaotic for me on the podcast. I prefer a more organized discussion. When they aren’t joking around so much and give their honest opinions about the skating I enjoy them the most. But sometimes I don’t finish the episode because of the chaos and disorganization.
Yes, that and making mistakes that are never corrected (ex. Autumn Classic was not 40 min from TORONTO and constantly mispronouncing Sara Maude-Dupuis’ name). I’ve unsubscribed in a moment of impatience.

Ena Grins

Wow, I think this podcast is great. Sarah is knowledgeable enough to keep Adam and Ashley mostly in line and I think their commentary is a really nice balance of technical, funny, and compassionate. Even if it's disorganized (and they make mistakes - the horror!) it's the best since Flutzes and Waxels in my opinion.

skatfan

So not the Hughes skating family…someone with the same name? I hate podcasters who giggle as if every listener knows the chit-chat background. They obviously don’t want new audiences.
Lots of skating fans know that there’s a production assistant for NBC sports that is named Sarah Hughes because it is funny. And all shows have “insider” jokes of some kind.

Frau Muller

Lots of skating fans know that there’s a production assistant for NBC sports that is named Sarah Hughes because it is funny. And all shows have “insider” jokes of some kind.
I go with These Are the Blades’ inside jokes: Nepotism Baby of the Century.

Sylvia

TBD
Ashley's post today: https://twitter.com/AshWagner2010/status/1719724806294139322
Another week and we are chatting Skate Canada- a stolen dress, Canadian Christmas (aka scoring) and our endless love for Deanna Stellato-Dudek.
"Our first together-in-person recording! We discuss Skate Canada and preview Grand Prix France, and more importantly, Adam has too much power with his new soundboard." (Nov. 1)

The judging at Skate Canada and Joanne McLeod are mentioned at the beginning. ;)

Sylvia

TBD
Ashley's Insta story pic (now expired) that Adam also shared includes the caption "3 not Olympic champions in one room" :D and Deanna Stellato publicized the latest episode in her stories so hopefully that means she enjoyed listening to what they said about her. ;)

Ena Grins

They also corrected their pronunciation of Sara-Maude Dupuis :)

In all seriousness, while it's not the most cleanly structured podcast, I feel like I learn a lot from listening to it. I also feel the structure is something that usually improves with time and experience.

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
I take back every uncharitable thought I've had about Sarah after her unhinged rant about how amazing Yuma is. She gets it.

Allskate

I take back every uncharitable thought I've had about Sarah after her unhinged rant about how amazing Yuma is. She gets it.
"Yuma Kagiyama Kostner." :lol:

I definitely agreed with Sarah (and Ashley and Adam) gushing about Yuma. So buttery and love the footwork sequence. And Ashley is spot on about Yuma actually matching the tempo of that music. I laughed when Sarah said that she feels like she is betraying her "son" Shoma. I love Shoma as well. I can't wait to see him this week. I think that they must not have watched the exhibitions or they would have been gushing even more about Yuma. I also loved hearing Adam gush about Adam Siao Him Fa. The men are so great this season.

I disagreed with some of what Sarah said about Isabeau. (Celine Dion for Isabeau? Really? Sarah thinks that would be interesting branching out and show Isabeau's personality and own taste more than the snake program?)

I also loved it when Sarah mentioned Amber's DM to her. Amber has a great sense of humor. Ashley's response was really funny, too. (Ashley to Amber: "DM me who you do want me to jinx." :lol: Good luck Loena!)

Sylvia

TBD

Episode 37: Worlds Recap Part 1 (57 mins., March 27, 2024)
We took forever talking about men and women at the world championships so our worlds recap is in two parts. This is men and women - pairs and ice dance coming soon!!

mtnskater

Got through the men’s recap and part of the women’s while getting ready this morning. Was pretty shocked to hear Adam say Ilia still skates juniorish in the Worlds recap. Huh? Sarah’s Yuma love knows no bounds. She’s pissed he wasn’t scored a lot closer to Ilia due to skating skills. Ashley mocking Ilia not singing the National Anthem on the podium…is that a requirement to sing on the podium? Not much respect given to Ilia from this crew. Giggled when Sarah said the Montreal stadium was a wonderful venue. She clearly didn’t sit in the ticket holder seats. It was like Frontier Airlines squashed seating on top of each other. The men in my group were getting leg and back problems from the lack of legroom. Also such small, narrow concourses it was hard to move around on the breaks and all bathrooms upstairs or downstairs from the concourse. Yeesh! We all really liked Montreal the city very much, but not the Bell Center venue unfortunately. I did appreciate the replays they did of their predictions, which were way off the mark and pretty funny like Amber and “the little Belgium girl” being on the podium. Ashley offers to help Amber learn not to pop in competition. Ashley thinks pops are unforgivable. I think Amber should take her up on it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information