Figure Skating Preview on Chasing Gold (NBC) plus other skater appearances

love skating

Clueless American
Johnny Weir will preview the figure skating season during tomorrow's episode of Chasing Gold on NBC which airs tomorrow Sunday October 16 at 12 pm Eastern. This is NBC's show that previews and talks about what's going on in different Olympic sports. I think this is just the second episode. I assume this will not be the whole show as the other episode they had they featured many different stories.

Tara Lipinski and Johnny have a few other appearances upcoming too...

They are set to appear on Guy's Ultimate Game Night which airs on the Food Network this Wednesday, October 19th at 9 pm Eastern.... with several repeats available later.

They are also slated to appear on the new Criss Angel's Magic With the Stars where he teaches magic to celebrities. This debuts on October 22nd at 8 pm on the CW, but I don't know what episode they will be in. The first episode doesn't list them so I expect it will be a later episode. Here's an article about the show - sounds kinda fun:

And Tara is part of a new show called Wedding Talk which began airing on October 13th on the Chicken Soup for the Soul network (?) - I gotta look that one up - they also mention it being on Crackle... here's an article:

I know Adam Rippon keeps popping up on TV all the time too - saw him recently on the Pictionary game show while flipping channels. I know he also appears on E! a lot and was on an MTV show too.

I think any skater exposure is good for the sport - at least try to remind folks about figure skating since it's so hard to find the actual sport to watch these days!!

Lacey

Johnny did a great job. He was interviewed by Mike Tirico who asked some very appropriate and thorough skating questions. Here's your chance to see anyone, but specifically Johnny, highlight Ilia Malinin's 4A--step by step, revolution by revolution, really we have not seen any tv coverage of it until now. Johnny likes Isabeau Levito in a short preview of the US women. They talked about the Russia situation. I love the way Johnny can pronounce Malinin's name with the right inflection and I cannot.

Lacey

@Lacey, was Johnny's appearance longer than 5 minutes? ETA that it appears the entire video segment is embedded in the original article now:
Ya that's it embedded, maybe about 6 minutes, almost definitely (I didn't have a clock on it) in the middle of the hour--
I was surprised because I thought it was only going to be Johnny talking about skating for the whole hour...
Nevertheless, he was great--I love Tara but Johnny was possibly better on his own, his costume was very calm, and his hair is more tame this year--said he is going to go more formal this year...overall he seemed more mature.

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Johnny Weir will preview the figure skating season during tomorrow's episode of Chasing Gold on NBC
Johnny Weir (as an elf) poetically recaps the year in Olympic sports | CHASING GOLD (Dec. 23, 2022): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzp4aczWJvM
Remember the year in Olympic sports with some help from Johnny "The Elf" Weir, from the Beijing Olympics, to historic World Championship performances, shattered world records, and more [...]
Watch the full episode Christmas Eve, 12/24 at 3 p.m. ET on NBC & on demand at www.PeacockTV.com
Johnny joins Mike Tirico on Episode 4 after the 25-minute mark to discuss the Grand Prix season.
I know Adam Rippon keeps popping up on TV all the time too - saw him recently on the Pictionary game show while flipping channels. I know he also appears on E! a lot and was on an MTV show too.
Adam will be on NBC tomorrow - Wednesday, Dec. 28 - at 8 pm Eastern (and streaming on Peacock the next day): https://parade.com/tv/the-wheel-season-1
The Wheel: “Wigs Galore, Dogs & More”
Contestants hope for answers from celebrity experts Bobby Berk, Margaret Cho, Kate Flannery, Loni Love, Andy Richter and Adam Rippon in categories that include wigs, comedians, dogs, figure skating and more.
Adam, Johnny and Tara will appear on FOX's "Celebrity Name that Tune" - season 3 is scheduled to start on January 11, 2023: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news/...nuary-11-at-8-7c-on-fox-290515/20221130fox03/
Professional Wrestler Chris Jericho, playing for Juvenile Diabetes Research vs. Olympic Medalist Adam Rippon, playing for Pups Without Borders
Three-time National Champion and two-time Olympian/Television Commentator and Fashion Icon Johnny Weir, playing for Kyiv School of Economics - Humanitarian Aid Campaign for Ukraine vs. Gold medal-winning Olympic Figure Skater Tara Lipinski, playing for the Amy Selkirk Breast Cancer Research Fund

love skating

Clueless American
Another skater appearance - Kristi Yamaguchi is going to appear on The Food Network's The House Of Fang show about the restaurant Fang. I think they do an event for her Always Dream foundation. Her episode is supposed to be on January 10th.

And speaking of The Food Network - I was watching the new season of Kids' Baking Championship and one contestant, Naho, on there showed she figure skates during her bio. So of course I gotta root for her!

Sylvia

TBD
Another skater appearance - Kristi Yamaguchi is going to appear on The Food Network's The House Of Fang show about the restaurant Fang. I think they do an event for her Always Dream foundation. Her episode is supposed to be on January 10th.
Yes, here's Kristi's post (with Kathy Fang's response in the comments section): https://www.instagram.com/p/CmplkCivdFJ/
chefkathyfang Awww thank you for sharing!!!! I’m so honored to have met you and cooked for you. I grew up watching you on tv compete, when Asian role models were so rare. Thank you for being such a strong figure for us all! ❤️

And speaking of The Food Network - I was watching the new season of Kids' Baking Championship and one contestant, Naho, on there showed she figure skates during her bio. So of course I gotta root for her!
IIRC, I recently saw an Instagram story clip shared by Rudy Galindo about Naho's TV appearance - so maybe one of his students? Here's her Instagram account, run by Naho's sister: https://www.instagram.com/miley_baking/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Tonight at 9 pm Eastern! :)
Season 1, Episode 3
New Chef on the Block
Chef Kathy Fang hires a new chef at her restaurant so she can focus on her expansion efforts, which include an elite private event hosted by Kristi Yamaguchi at the Asian Art Museum in San Francisco. Kathy is pushed outside of her comfort zone working in a kitchen that does not meet her culinary standards while also having to trust the new chef to operate at Fang without her. Any slight misstep is an opportunity for Peter to nix her expansion plans.

Sylvia

TBD
Adam will be on FOX's "Celebrity Name that Tune" season 3 premiere tonight (Wed., Jan. 11) at 8 pm ET.
Professional Wrestler Chris Jericho, playing for Juvenile Diabetes Research vs. Olympic [team event] Medalist Adam Rippon, playing for Pups Without Borders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information