U.S. Figure Skating announces 2023-24 National Qualifying Series (NQS) competitions + Series Finals dates/locations

Sylvia

TBD
Replying to @Karen-W in this thread:
Also - do we have the list of which international assignments qualify for byes? In years past it's been at least 3 GP, JGP, Challengers and GPF/JGPF qualify but with the addition of the Kings Cup Int'l, Tayside Trophy, NRW Trophy and Santa Claus Cup on the Int'l Assignments page, I'm wondering if assignment to those events also counts toward the 3 int'l assignments criteria.
Here's the link to this year's document: https://www.usfigureskating.org/sites/default/files/media-files/2024 Qualifying Bye Advancement Criteria Final.pdf
At the bottom:
Please note, participation at the following international competitions, Lake Placid Ice Dance Championships,
Cranberry Cup, John Nicks Pairs Challenge, Autumn Classic (Los Angeles), the Japan Open, and the Golden
Spin of Zagreb are not approved competitions for bye criteria.

USFS' Minimum TES for 2024 Nationals document was published on August 31: https://www.usfigureskating.org/system/files/TN 298 Minimum TES 2024.pdf

Per rule 2505*, competitors who qualify for the senior events at the U.S. Figure Skating
Championships must also have met a minimum total element score (TES) at one of the
following competitions in the same season:
• Any National Qualifying Series (NQS) event
• A Sectional Singles Final
• The U.S. Pairs Final
• The U.S. Ice Dance Final
• Any ISU competition

*Additional information regarding Athlete Bye and Advancement Criteria can be viewed [above].

Athletes/teams must earn the minimum TES in both the short program/rhythm dance
and the free skate/free dance, but do not need to earn them at the same competition.
For the 2023-24 season, the minimum TES are:

• Women
o Short Program: 25.00
o Free Skate: 42.00

• Men
o Short Program: 28.00
o Free Skate: 46.00

• Pairs
o Short Program: 23.00
o Free Skate: 41.00

• Ice Dance
o Rhythm Dance: 23.00
o Free Dance: 42.00

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Thanks @Sylvia!

Current skaters qualified to Nationals with Byes -

Men - Malinin, Brown, Torgashev, Naumov, Ma and Pulkinen
Women - Levito, Tennell, Glenn, Andrews, J Lee, Thorngren and Shin
Pairs - Knierim/Frazier (no official retirement announcement yet), Chan/Howe, Kam/O'Shea, Baram/Tioumentsev, and Plazas/Fernandez
Dance - Chock/Bates, Green/Parsons, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Zingas/Kolesnik, Bratti/Somerville, and Pate/Bye

Skaters/Teams with 2 GP/JGP/CS assignments -
Men - Broussard, Xie
Women - Ziegler, Lin-Gracey
Pairs - Liu/Nagy, Mokhova/Mokhov, Flores/Wang*, Williams/Lewer*
Dance - Hawayek/Baker, McNamara/Spiridonov, Neset/Markelov*, Mullen/Mullen*, Peal/Peal*, Pedersen/Chen*, Carhart/Horovyi*

Skaters/Teams with 1 GP/JGP/CS assignment -
Men - Kapeikis, Murzin, Sanchez*, Strommer*, Kovar, Martynov, Fegan*
Women - Seo, Hilmer, Chao*, Kalin, S Lee, Everhardt
Pairs - Martins/Bedard, Zheng/Deng*
Dance - Brown/Brown, Wolfkostin/Tsarevski, Ilin/Cain*, Cui/Eckert*

* competing junior domestically

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Since the Cup of China Grand Prix (Nov. 10-12, 2023) is the same week as the 2024 Pacific Coast Sectional Singles & U.S. Pairs Final (Nov. 7-12), Lucas Broussard should get a bye to Nationals (a good thing because Pacs is the deepest Sectional for Senior men again this year).

Karen-W

Since the Cup of China Grand Prix (Nov. 10-12, 2023) is the same week as the 2024 Pacific Coast Sectional Singles & U.S. Pairs Final (Nov. 7-12), Lucas Broussard should get a bye to Nationals (a good thing because Pacs is the deepest Sectional for Senior men again this year).
That would also mean the Mokhovs get a bye to Nationals since they've been selected for CoC. :)

ice coverage

Men - Broussard, Xie
Women - Ziegler, Lin-Gracey
Pairs - Liu/Nagy, Mokhova/Mokhov, Flores/Wang*, Williams/Lewer*
Dance - McNamara/Spiridonov, Neset/Markelov*, Mullen/Mullen*, Peal/Peal*, Pedersen/Chen*, Carhart/Horovyi*

Plus Hawayek/Baker.

2023-24 National Qualifying Series Finals Schedule:
DatesEventLocationDisciplines
Oct. 31-Nov. 5, 2023Eastern Sectional Singles FinalCoral Springs, Fla.Singles
Nov. 7-12, 2023Pacific Coast Sectional Singles & U.S. Pairs FinalTacoma, Wash.Singles; Pairs
Nov. 14-19, 2023Midwestern Sectional Singles & U.S. Ice Dance FinalBloomington, Minn.Singles; Ice Dance

BTW, per event pages on USFS site for all November 2023 finals -- meaning all Sectional Singles Finals; U.S. Ice Dance Final; and U.S. Pairs Final:
Peacock Premium will live stream senior and junior competition. (Mentioning for those feeling unsure about Peacock's plans for 2023-24 season.)
Fan Zone will live stream other levels.​

Last edited:

ice coverage

USFS selection procedures for 2024 Worlds, 2024 Four Continents, and 2024 Junior Worlds have been published on USFS site.
For "Calculation of Overall Athlete Performance Data," weighting factors for different events now are specified -- all of which looks very interesting.
I have not gone through everything closely yet (especially the parts about how previous season is taken into account), but ...

Of relevance to this thread, Four Continents selection procedures include "Current Sectional Final," with a high weighting factor.
(And Four Continents selection does not include the current U.S. Nats. 🤔)

1. Current Sectional Final (factor 4.0)
a. If not at Sectional Final due to bye, most recent international score will be used at the same factor.​
2. Most recent ISU Grand Prix Final (factor 3.0)
3. Grand Prix Score: Highest & Average (factor 1.25)
4. Challenger Score: Highest & Average (factor 1.0)
5. Senior B Score: Highest & Average (factor 0.75)
6. Previous Season’s Total Score (see appendix) (factor 15)

World Team Selection Procedures:

World Junior Selection Procedures:

Karen-W

USFS selection procedures for 2024 Worlds, 2024 Four Continents, and 2024 Junior Worlds have been published on USFS site.

Of relevance to this thread, Four Continents selection procedures include "Current Sectional Final," with a high weighting factor.
(And Four Continents selection does not include the current U.S. Nats. 🤔)
4CCs takes place a week after US Nats this year, so my guess is that the USFS plans on naming the 4CCs team prior to Nats - which makes a lot of sense since those skaters are going to be making a long trek from Columbus to Shanghai.

ETA - yup - says so on the 1st page of the doc -

Due to the timing of the 2024 Four Continents Championships (the week immediately following U.S. Championships), the 2024 Four Continents Team will be selected prior to the 2024 U.S. Championships. As such, the International Committee selections meetings for Four Continents will take place on December 11 (Dance) and December 12 (Pairs and Singles), 2023.
Team will be named the week after the GPF and Golden Spin, so all of the fall internationals will be taken into consideration.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Can someone explain to me how the weighting factor works?

ice coverage

4CCs takes place a week after US Nats this year, so my guess is that the USFS plans on naming the 4CCs team prior to Nats - which makes a lot of sense since those skaters are going to be making a long trek from Columbus to Shanghai.

ETA - yup - says so on the 1st page of the doc -

Team will be named the week after the GPF and Golden Spin, so all of the fall internationals will be taken into consideration.

Thank you, I had forgotten that the Four Continents schedule is extra-unfavorable this year.
And thank you for quoting from the Four Continents document.
Eventually I must get around to reading these documents carefully.

Meanwhile, my little brain is trying to imagine possible repercussions of the Four Continents rules/circumstances this season.
For example, barring some unforeseen setback, it would make sense for Ilia to plan on skipping Four Continents and focusing on Worlds.
But I think most U.S. men cannot count on making the World team ... and for them, seems to me that Four Continents still would be a desirable opportunity (regardless of this year's extra-difficult logistics) to earn WS points and/or prize money and just to gain experience. Might someone who has a bye to Nats decide to compete at Sectionals by choice -- to (hopefully) get a helpful score for Four Continents selection???
(If so, I know that it would not affect Nats qualification for others; I am not worried about that.)
(Preemptive note for Jason fans: I know that he is a special case, and I am not referring to him.)

Can someone explain to me how the weighting factor works?

I will leave that to someone else, but I give brownie points to USFS for quantifying at least part of the process for all three ISU Championships.
My general quick impression is that USFS is trying to take a more nuanced approach to selection. Another example is that good results from a previous partnership in the preceding season receive some credit.

Last edited:

Karen-W

Might someone who has a bye to Nats decide to compete at Sectionals by choice -- to (hopefully) get a helpful score for Four Continents selection???
(Preemptive note for Jason fans: I know that he is a special case, and I am not referring to him.)
It wouldn't matter - the USFS states in the doc that they'll use the most recent international score for those who don't have a Sectional score.

My guess is that any skater/team that makes the GPF will bow out of consideration for 4CCs. Chock/Bates, Levito & Malinin certainly aren't likely to need the 4CCs assignment for WS points - same is likely true for Chan/Howe - regardless of whether they make the GPF or not.

I appreciate that the USFS is also making it clear they want to be strategic in their team selections to this end:

The purpose of the process is to select the athletes/teams that will have the best chance for success at the Four Continents Championships to win the maximum number of medals and/or select athletes/teams that will benefit from the opportunity to accumulate valuable world standings points and season’s best scores needed to qualify them for the following season’s Grand Prix Series.

ice coverage

It wouldn't matter - the USFS states in the doc that they'll use the most recent international score for those who don't have a Sectional score. ...

But it could matter. What I am saying is that someone with a bye to Nats potentially could try to get a better Sectional score than whatever their most recent international score would be.

[ I'm kind of laughing -- in a friendly way -- because you of all people are often expecting domestic scores to be higher than international scores. ;) ]

(As I said before, my hypothetical scenario has absolutely nothing to do with Jason.)

Karen-W

But it could matter. What I am saying is that someone with a bye to Nats potentially could try to get a higher Sectional score than whatever their most recent international score would be.
Ahhhh! That makes sense - try to game the system by going for a higher score which is more likely at a domestic competition like Sectionals than an international competition... Honestly, the only skaters who I can think of who might benefit from this sort of tactic are the ones who are competing on the JGP but senior-age eligible - Xie, Sanchez, Kovar, Martynov, Lin-Gracey, and Everhardt. None of the junior pairs or dance teams are going to be competitive with the top senior teams.

Stephanie

Ahhhh! That makes sense - try to game the system by going for a higher score which is more likely at a domestic competition like Sectionals than an international competition... Honestly, the only skaters who I can think of who might benefit from this sort of tactic are the ones who are competing on the JGP but senior-age eligible - Xie, Sanchez, Kovar, Martynov, Lin-Gracey, and Everhardt. None of the junior pairs or dance teams are going to be competitive with the top senior teams.
A bit OT, but FWIW Everhardt and Kovar are currently leading the races for the Youth Olympics spots (top NQS score)

Karen-W

A bit OT, but FWIW Everhardt and Kovar are currently leading the races for the Youth Olympics spots (top NQS score)
No offense to the YOG experience, but I'd bet hard cash that both of them would choose a 4CCs berth over the YOG.

Sylvia

TBD
Pairs - Knierim/Frazier (no official retirement announcement yet)
Yes, but K/F are not listed in USFS' Team A funding envelope for this season which means they are not competing in 2023-24.
No offense to the YOG experience, but I'd bet hard cash that both of them would choose a 4CCs berth over the YOG.
My assumption is that the Youth Olympic Games -- with opening/closing ceremonies and the chance to mingle with athletes from different sports -- would be considered a more exciting experience by a majority of young skaters than competing at 4CC. :)

ETA link to the 2024 YOG info thread in GSD: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/th...ames-jan-19-feb-1-gangwon-south-korea.110558/

Last edited:

Karen-W

Do Hawayek and Baker have a bye to Nationals? I'm assuming they do.
No, they do not. They need a third assignment or to qualify for the GPF.
So, I was reading over the 2024 Nationals document again last night and wondering about HawBak since they only have their 2 GPs so far and no pre-GP Challenger assignments. My conclusion is they actually DO have a bye to Nats...

SENIOR ICE DANCE
Maximum of 15 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships©
  • Teams that placed in the top five in the same event at the 2023 Toyota U.S. Figure Skating Championships per rule 2503 (B) (1)
  • Teams selected to the 2023 U.S. Figure Skating World Team (not including alternates) in the same event per rule 2503 (B) (2)

They WERE selected to the 2023 Worlds team. The fact that they WD seems irrelevant since this document only requires SELECTION to the team, not actually participating ON the team at Worlds.

Updating the Byes list -

Men - Malinin, Brown, Torgashev, Naumov, Ma, Pulkinen, Broussard (CoC conflict with Pac Coast Sectionals)
Women - Levito, Tennell, Glenn, Andrews, J Lee, Shin and Ziegler
Pairs - Knierim/Frazier, Chan/Howe, Kam/O'Shea, Baram/Tioumentsev, Plazas/Fernandez, Flores/Wang*, Liu/Nagy, Mokhova/Mokhov (CoC conflict with US Pairs Final)
Dance - Chock/Bates, Green/Parsons, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Zingas/Kolesnik, Bratti/Somerville, Brown/Brown, Neset/Markelov*, and Pate/Bye

Men - Kapeikis, Martynov (presuming he is confirmed for the JGP Yerevan TBD spot based upon his bronze medal in Osaka), Sanchez*, Strommer*, Xie
Women - Lin-Gracey, Seo, Thorngren, Zhang* (presuming she is confirmed for the JGP Yerevan TBD spot based upon her 2nd highest JGP score among US women in Budapest)
Pairs - n/a
Dance - Ilin/Cain*, McNamara/Spiridonov, Mullen/Mullen*, Peal/Peal*, Pedersen/Chen*, Wolfkostin/Tsarevski

Skaters/Teams with 1 GP/JGP/CS assignment -
Men - Fegan*, Hiwatashi, Kovar
Women - Chao*, Everhardt, Hilmer, Kalin (Higase-Chen's Budapest Trophy junior assignment does not qualify)
Pairs - Hanns/Neudecker, Martins/Bedard, Zheng/Deng*
Dance - Bland/Sperry*, Cui/Eckert*, Flores/Desyatov

** GP assignment conflicts with Sectional/Pairs Final

At this point, it looks like

Last edited:

ice coverage

... Skaters/Teams with 2 GP/JGP/CS assignments -
Men - Broussard*, Kapeikis, Martynov (presuming he is confirmed for the JGP Yerevan TBD spot based upon his bronze medal in Osaka), Sanchez, Strommer*, Xie

Has Broussard said very recently that he is competing Junior domestically?? If so, it would be a change in tune from him.
At 2023 Junior Worlds, he said he would compete as Senior at 2024 Nats.
And per interview conducted at Cranberry Cup in Aug:
"Lucas is aiming to return to Junior Worlds at the end of this year, but will otherwise compete in Senior, including in his first Grand Prix assignment, Cup of China."​

Sanchez must compete Junior at Nats. He competed Junior in NQS, and does not have the option to skate Senior at Nats.

(Sorry, can't figure out what your italicization means? If accidental, no big deal.)

Updating the Byes list -

Dance - Chock/Bates, Green/Parsons, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Zingas/Kolesnik, Bratti/Somerville, Brown/Brown, McNamara/Spiridonov, Neset/Markelov*, and Pate/Bye

Do McNamara/Spiridonov really have a bye?
They competed at Nebelhorn, and they are assigned to GP France. Do they already have a third international that would count?
ETA:​
Or is it that they have a conflict bye??
Dance Final is Nov 14 - 19; GP France is Nov 3 - 5.​

Last edited:

Karen-W

Has Broussard said very recently that he is competing Junior domestically?? If so, it would be a change in tune from him.
At 2023 Junior Worlds, he said he would compete as Senior at 2024 Nats.
And per interview conducted at Cranberry Cup in Aug:
"Lucas is aiming to return to Junior Worlds at the end of this year, but will otherwise compete in Senior, including in his first Grand Prix assignment, Cup of China."​

Sanchez must compete Junior at Nats. He competed Junior in NQS, and does not have the option to skate Senior at Nats.

(Sorry, can't figure out what your italicization means? If accidental, no big deal.)

Argh... the formatting originally had two asterisks next to Broussard and one after Sanchez, which it looks like the html code here interpreted as italicization. I'll edit.

Do McNamara/Spiridonov really have a bye?
They competed at Nebelhorn, and they are assigned to GP France. Do they already have a third international that would count?
No, they don't, but I was thinking they had another CS assigned and didn't double-check the Int'l Assignments page, lol.

ice coverage

Argh... the formatting originally had two asterisks next to Broussard and one after Sanchez, which it looks like the html code here interpreted as italicization. I'll edit.

Ohhh, now it makes sense that it was all a matter of mis-displaying :(, through no fault of yours.

Do McNamara/Spiridonov have a bye? ...

So I am thinking that it really could be possible that McNamara/Spiridonov have a bye??
(Even if a conflict bye is not what you originally had in mind.)

FWIW, the old language from 2019-20 season guidelines for byes (I could not find more recent language):

Specific situations when skaters will receive a bye to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships: ...​
• A skater or team is selected to compete at an international competition and their travel date is 14 days or less before the start date of their event at Sectional Singles Final or U.S. Pairs or Dance Final or less than 14 days before their event travel date at an international competition. Start date is defined as the date of the skater’s first segment of the competition.​

Last edited:

Karen-W

So I am thinking that it really could be possible that McNamara/Spiridonov do have a bye??
(Even if a conflict bye is not what you originally had in mind.)

FWIW, the old language from 2019-20 season guidelines for byes (I could not find more recent language):

Specific situations when skaters will receive a bye to the U.S. Figure Skating Championships: ...​
• A skater or team is selected to compete at an international competition and their travel date is 14 days or less before the start date of their event at Sectional Singles Final or U.S. Pairs or Dance Final or less than 14 days before their event travel date at an international competition. Start date is defined as the date of the skater’s first segment of the competition.​

Hard to say, to be honest, I think. I'm pretty sure the USFS gave Bradie a conflict bye last year.

My best guess is that the USFS will NOT be as generous with McNSpir because they're not former Nat'l champs, or even past Nat'l senior medalists. Plus, it's nearly two weeks between GPdF and the Dance Final.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Qualifying to Nationals (because its easy for me to forget and finding the correct document sometimes is a bit of a scavenger hunt)

SINGLES

Junior: maximum of 18 entries from the Sectional Singles Final Top 4 athletes per section Top 2 novice athletes per section invited to skate up to junior IF any athletes qualify for the ISU Junior Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating who are registered to compete junior domestically, they will receive a bye to the U.S. Championships (in addition to the 18 from the Sectional Singles Final), if they withdraw prior to or at the Championships their byed spot will not be filled as the maximum entries is 18

Senior: maximum of 18 entries inclusive of Byes and Sectional Singles Final Athletes receiving a bye per the U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook or approved bye criteria (will be published no later than July 1, 2022) Top 2 athletes per section from Sectional Singles Final Plus, next best scores nationwide until maximum is met

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
ICE DANCE

Junior: maximum of 12 entries from the U.S. Ice Dance Final Top 12 teams from U.S. Ice Dance Final IF any teams qualify for the ISU Junior Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating who are registered to compete junior domestically, they will receive a bye to the U.S. Championships (in addition to the 12 from the U.S. Ice Dance Final), if they withdraw prior to or at the Championships their byed spot will not be filled as the maximum entries is 12

Senior: maximum of 15 entries inclusive of Byes and the U.S. Ice Dance Final Teams receiving a bye per the U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook or approved bye criteria (will be published no later than July 1, 2022)Plus, next best teams from U.S. Ice Dance Final until maximum is met

PAIRS

Junior: maximum of 12 entries from the U.S. Pairs FinalTop 12 teams from U.S. Ice Dance Final IF any teams qualify for the ISU Junior Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating who are registered to compete junior domestically, they will receive a bye to the U.S. Championships (in addition to the 12 from the U.S. Ice Pairs Final), if they withdraw prior to or at the Championships their byed spot will not be filled as the maximum entries is 12

Senior: maximum of 12 entries inclusive of Byes and the U.S. Pairs Final Teams receiving a bye per the U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook or approved bye criteria (will be published no later than July 1, 2022)Plus, next best teams from U.S. Pairs Final until maximum is met

ice coverage

ICE DANCE

Junior: maximum of 12 entries from the U.S. Ice Dance Final Top 12 teams from U.S. Ice Dance Final IF any teams qualify for the ISU Junior Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating who are registered to compete junior domestically, they will receive a bye to the U.S. Championships (in addition to the 12 from the U.S. Ice Dance Final), if they withdraw prior to or at the Championships their byed spot will not be filled as the maximum entries is 12

Senior: maximum of 15 entries inclusive of Byes and the U.S. Ice Dance Final Teams receiving a bye per the U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook or approved bye criteria (will be published no later than July 1, 2022)Plus, next best teams from U.S. Ice Dance Final until maximum is met

PAIRS

Junior: maximum of 12 entries from the U.S. Pairs FinalTop 12 teams from U.S. Ice Dance Final IF any teams qualify for the ISU Junior Grand Prix Final of Figure Skating who are registered to compete junior domestically, they will receive a bye to the U.S. Championships (in addition to the 12 from the U.S. Ice Pairs Final), if they withdraw prior to or at the Championships their byed spot will not be filled as the maximum entries is 12

Senior: maximum of 12 entries inclusive of Byes and the U.S. Pairs Final Teams receiving a bye per the U.S. Figure Skating Rulebook or approved bye criteria (will be published no later than July 1, 2022)Plus, next best teams from U.S. Pairs Final until maximum is met

This previous language for Junior Dance and Junior Pairs no longer is in effect.

The USFS document for 2024 Nats:

Sylvia also posted the link for 2024 Nats on Sep 5 in post #32 of this thread.​

For 2024 Nats:​
JUNIOR PAIRS​
Maximum of 8 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships​
- Teams that qualify for the same event at the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (not including alternates) per rule 2502 (A) (2)​
- Teams that are assigned to and compete at three (3) international assignments classified as a Junior Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event
Refer to the approved list of international competitions within this document​
- The top eight total combined junior scores from the nation in the U.S. Pairs Final​
JUNIOR ICE DANCE​
Maximum of 10 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships​
- Teams that qualify for the same event at the ISU Junior Grand Prix of Figure Skating Final (not including alternates) per rule 2503 (A) (2)​
- Teams that are assigned to and compete at three international assignments classified as a Junior Grand Prix and or ISU Challenger Series event
Refer to the approved list of international competitions within this document​
- The top ten total combined junior scores from the nation in the U.S. Ice Dance Final​
NOVICE PAIRS​
Maximum of 4 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships​
- The top four total combined novice scores from the nation in the U.S. Pairs Final​
NOVICE ICE DANCE​
Maximum of 5 available spots at the U.S. Figure Skating Championships​
- The top five total combined novice scores from the nation in the U.S. Ice Dance Final​

For anyone wondering: The addition of one group of Novice Dance and one group of Novice Pairs to 2024 Nats is a one-time exception to the rules, which was approved by USFS BOD in May.​
Which would lead me to suspect(?) that the reduction of both Junior Dance and Junior Pairs to two groups also would be a one-time exception?? But I am not sure.​

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Updating Karen's list - Current skaters qualified to 2024 Nationals with Byes:

Men - Malinin, Brown [just assigned to CS Warsaw Cup], Torgashev, Naumov, Ma; Pulkinen, Broussard [1 CS & CoC conflict with Pac Coast Sectionals] + Martynov (qualified for JGPF/Warsaw Cup is his 3rd int'l)
Women - Levito, Tennell, Glenn, Andrews, J Lee; Shin and Ziegler + Lin-Gracey (CS Warsaw Cup is her 3rd int'l)
Pairs - Knierim/Frazier, Chan/Howe, Kam/O'Shea, Baram/Tioumentsev, Plazas/Fernandez; Flores/Wang*, Liu/Nagy (WD from CS Finlandia), Mokhova/Mokhov (CoC conflict with US Pairs Final)
Dance - Chock/Bates, Green/Parsons, Carreira/Ponomarenko, Zingas/Kolesnik, Bratti/Somerville, Brown/Brown, Neset/Markelov*, and Pate/Bye + Hawayek/Baker (based on their selection to 2023 World team)

Skaters/Teams with 2 GP/JGP/CS assignments:
Men - Kapeikis [1 CS, 1 GP], Sanchez* [2 JGP], Strommer* [2 JGP], Xie [2 JGP]
Women - Seo [1 CS, 1 GP] Thorngren [2 GP], Zhang* [2 JGP]
Pairs - Martins/Bedard [1 CS, late addition to Skate America]
Dance - Ilin/Cain* [2 JGP], McNamara/Spiridonov [1 CS, 1 GP], Mullen/Mullen* [2 JGP], Peal/Peal* [2 JGP], Pedersen/Chen* [2 JGP], Wolfkostin/Tsarevski [2 CS]

Skaters/Teams with 1 GP/JGP/CS assignment:
Men - Fegan* [JGP], Hiwatashi [CS], Kovar [JGP]
Women - Chao* [JGP], Everhardt [JGP], Hilmer [CS], Kalin [JGP]
Pairs - Zheng/Deng* [JGP]
Dance - Bland/Sperry* [JGP], Cui/Eckert* [JGP], Flores/Desyatov (WD from CS Budapest Trophy)

Last edited:

Debbie S

Thorngren doesn't get a bye? So she has to compete at Easterns?

So according to the numbers above, 10 Senior Women qualify for Nats from the singles finals....6 automatic and then top 4 scorers across the board?

Karen-W

I don't think Liu/Nagy qualify for a bye now since they WD from Finlandia.

And, yes, Debbie, Thorngren needs to compete at Easterns since she WD from ACI and only has her 2 GP assignments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information