The Good News Thread

aftershocks

Banned Member
For everyone interested in ballet, New York City Ballet is performing now. It's an online fundraiser:

Oh sorry, it's not being performed now. It was part of a fundraiser that took place in April. They raised $12,479.

I suppose those who keep up with the dance and ballet world are already aware of the online streaming events. :)

attyfan

aftershocks

Banned Member
I came across this Instagram post on a M&H Instagram fan account. I didn't see this at the time of the royal wedding, but that's when British-Jamaican musical artist (Labrinth) put together this fantastic piece -- taking the trumpet fanfare and creating a sweet R&B melody out of it, with cool lyrics to boot! It was re-posted on this fan account in tribute to M&H's second wedding anniversary:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CAcGZZhFUzR/ (Fanfare 'Royal Wedding Song' by Labrinth)

Here's more from Labrinth on YouTube. He's very talented:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOkh9BH7IiY He explains how creating 'the royal wedding R&B song' happened

Examples of his other work:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50VWOBi0VFs Jealous

Sylvia

TBD
BBC video - Bank note helps Holocaust survivor reunite with her liberator's family:

Background article:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Yes, and I figured there'd be some negative people ignorantly popping off about 'cultural appropriation,' without understanding what that term means. It's really nice to see all the positive reactions, of course.

Morgan Bullock is obviously not engaging in 'cultural appropriation.' She was already a dancer, and she tried out the Irish dancing genre which was new to her, and she is excelling at it, which helps to spread interest and appreciation in the art form. Too bad people don't understand that the ancient Celts were people of color. So were the ancient Vikings. Sorry to break it to people who believe that 'white' and 'black' manmade constructed labels somehow make humans exclusively separate from each other. We are all related.

So-called 'white' rappers and hip hop artists who excel in those art forms are not denigrated, if they are good at what they do. So much of popular music and popular dance originate from African beats, rhythms, and cultures. America is a melting pot of cultures, and the sooner we stop looking at each other with divisive notions and ignorance, the sooner we can work together on making our world a better place. I doubt it will be happening in my lifetime. But the possibility for change, greater unity and understanding exists.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Baby Elephant throws a tantrum:

:lol: I'm with those commenters who point out that the little one was merely eager to scratch it's bum and roll around in the dirt. But some of the comments are so funny... :D

Peaches LaTour

One of our cousins was getting dialysis for several years (3 times a week). He just had his kidney transplant a few days ago. We're hoping that it was a successful match. He is an amazing guy with an incredibly positive outlook on life despite the health issues. 🙏 :cheer2:

Wishing him well. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information