The Good News Thread

attyfan

aftershocks

Banned Member
From 2017, columnist Thomas Friedman in conversation re his book, Thank You For Being Late.

Some excellent insights on self-reflection, optimism and thriving in the 'Age of Acceleration.' Lots of food for thought.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
A 90 year woman recovered from Covid 19. My nephew in Seattle said this is the only good news he has heard so far. The 90 year old woman had a stroke, so she was hospitalized. She caught the Corona virus there, but she recovered from Covid 19 and she is expected to be released soon.
This gives me a glimmer of hope. May all Covid 19 patients recover fully and go to their respective homes.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Here's a follow-up to a story I posted awhile back. It was about a marriage proposal that happened in 2018 between a young couple of different backgrounds, from different countries who met in 2013 and had been dating for five years, one of those years via long distance. She's from the U.S. and he's from Slovakia. The marriage proposal video is so sweet, especially when they describe how they met at a Wegman's supermarket. :D

I'll post the original proposal video from 2018, and then their wedding videos from last June 2019. Lucky for them they are already married, as so many people around the world will have to or have had to cancel their wedding plans for this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpnWoCycJ74 Marriage proposal Martin & Austyn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7OKxD4Ck4I short video of Martin/Austyn's wedding
Austyn: "I know that when God created you, he had me in mind and vice versa... Thank you for loving the parts of me that no one else understands..." :saint: 💞

Martin: "God has been shaping us since we met, ... and we learned that we can't run this marathon without him... I promise I will love you, I will care for you, I will respect you, I will protect you, and I will cover your weaknesses..." :wuzrobbed :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFf6GQvAxf8 longer video of wedding highlights

And below is another heartwarming marriage proposal. This guy is too good to be real in how he set this all up for his beautiful girlfriend to surprise her so she really wouldn't expect what was coming. I particularly enjoyed the recorded video clips of friends and family telling the young lady how much they love her for who she is and all she's done in her life:

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
The musician, Drake, posts a positive message on his Instagram with photos of his 2-year-old son, Adonis, and pictures of his own parents and of Adonis' mother Sophie Brousseau. Their son is adorable. He looks like a doll in real life. And it appears that little Adonis takes after his grandmother, Drake's mother...

aftershocks

Banned Member

Rina RUS

I'm really happy!
Today Boris Anisimov has posted a new video, he has translated this song too!
Many soviet songs really mean more than modern songs.
(I hope this translation sounds good for a native speaker)

"Don’t ask for my address because, in fact,
The whole Soviet Union’s my home"

🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗🤗

aftershocks

Banned Member
Ballerina Michaela DePrince:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J72hG4hQrTQ Interview on Sklavan's television show

Apparently, Madonna is supposed to be directing a movie about Michaela's life.

Meanwhile, Madonna's best intentions in honoring George Floyd, 'landed with a thud' on the Internet:

Her son, David Banda, is not a bad dancer though, despite the video being odd as a tribute to yet another young black man killed in interaction with police...

I can't with the Twitter post referencing their family dog looking on in the kitchen with a WTF expression on his face 😅:oops: :unsure:

ETA:
More on Madonna directing DePrince's story, based on the memoir, Taking Flight:

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
A peaceful gesture in Flint, in the aftermath of the killing of George Floyd. Police put down their batons and joined the protesters in a show of solidarity. They condemned the killing. All marched together for two hours.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
A heart warming story from Israel. Corona virus patients - Jewish and Arabs- quarantined in a hotel got along well. If only it happened all the time everywhere, the world could be a better place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information