The Dance Hall 8: Join the Maskerade 2020-2021

Bigbird

Not to mention Madonna has no place in our sport. A most vile and vulgar woman.

I fail to understand how the British team bested Hawayek+Baker at the World Championships. I am at Jean-Luc's disposal if he requires consolation.

Skating quality only counts in dance if you look like Ken and Barbie, so I often wonder why teams get so invested in their scores for dance. They are completely random. Disappointing yes but surprising, no.

Last edited:

becca

It's hard to know whether Nikita's twizzles are like a Charlie White's twizzles where he got them under control & they were almost never problem after he did, or are they like an Andrew Poje twizzles where he has a few good seasons & then they start to deteriorate again. If they are only planning on going one more year than he might just make it.
I honestly think Nikita will deliver he has a lot of experience now. And I think he and Viktoria come trained and prepared. Which is half the battle I suspect. You can have all the talent in the world but if your not willing to work hard.

Now does this mean he and Viktoria will win I think a lot depends on the programs honestly but I think he is likely to get a second OGM for sure in the team.

litenkyckling

glad that after today we can finally say goodbye to the finnstep. As someone who doesn't enjoy musicals all that much, I'm thrilled. But my biggest takeaway is that I think Kaitlin and Jean-Luc are maybe the only team that I'm not worried about for the RD next year - I think they will be able to do a non-cringe hip hop

Karen-W

glad that after today we can finally say goodbye to the finnstep. As someone who doesn't enjoy musicals all that much, I'm thrilled. But my biggest takeaway is that I think Kaitlin and Jean-Luc are maybe the only team that I'm not worried about for the RD next year - I think they will be able to do a non-cringe hip hop
I think Lilah and Lewis will also do just fine with the RD next year. The rest of the ice dancing world? Well, "gird your loins" fellow fans, it's going to be cringey.

happycamper2554

I think Lilah and Lewis will also do just fine with the RD next year. The rest of the ice dancing world? Well, "gird your loins" fellow fans, it's going to be cringey.
S/K were asked about Hip Hop in an interview and they said there are other rhythms. So i don't think they will have a cringe hip hop. They (Zhulin) learned from the Michael Jackson this year.

Wyliefan

Trying to appease the skategods
I love musicals, but I'm not sorry to see the Finnstep go. It looked so grueling.

Colonel Green

In 2018 the best RD came from VM right? The prince program? I don't think they'll all be that cringey right? There is also swing?
“Best” is of course subjective, but that one certainly was generally a success.

I admit I find the degree of trepidation some fans seem to have about next year’s RD a bit odd, since almost all of these teams have already competed this theme once, and people generally liked it.

litenkyckling

“Best” is of course subjective, but that one certainly was generally a success.

I admit I find the degree of trepidation some fans seem to have about next year’s RD a bit odd, since almost all of these teams have already competed this theme once, and people generally liked it.
Obviously some last time were fantastic - but generally I think that hip hop when done by people who don't understand it just isn't the most enjoyable... maybe this time will be better seeing as I think 2016/17 prompted some teams to permanently incorporate hip hop classes into their regular schedule

VGThuy

I seem to remember that the 2016-17 RDs were for the most part one of the better reviewed rhythms from the fans. There is always a worry about the cringe factor. I just think so long as the teams try their best to be themselves and pay respect to the rhythm without looking ridiculous, it should be ok. The ISU obviously wants safe SYTYCD safe-for-primetime television style of hip hop, so I don't see anything like this happening:

Good Vibrations

That said, the Shibs did do a shout-out to Blades of Glory when using Will Ferrell's quote: "We're going to skate to one song and one song only" leading up to Jay-Z's "Paris", which he also sampled for the song.

Last edited:

litenkyckling

I was wondering if Worlds was a one-off, but WTT continued the judging trend of widening the gap between the top teams and the mid-tier, compared to the big boost in scores we were seeing for many of the latter last season (and which continued in domestic events).
H/B and S/F (and G/F to an extent) were particularly robbed here imo - to have S/F below 100 was a low blow and to have H/B only 4 points off G/T (who I thought were great too) was an interesting choice

Bigbird

Come back soon and save us Papadakis/Cizeron is what I took away from the dance event at World Team Trophy (and largely felt the same at Worlds too with a few exceptions). :shuffle:
I haven't had the heart to watch, honestly just find it all way, way too comical to be taken seriously. I find that I am enjoying the other disciplines more. Nonetheless, waiting somewhat impatiently for a breath of fresh air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information