The Bachelorette Season 13

Winnipeg

Lee is a real jerk really and in no way good enough for Rachel. He wont last

The show has to have someone like him (and that WaBoom guy) to make fodder for people like us who want to comment on the show...:cool:

smurfy

This is my guess on what happened:

Corinne arrives in Mexico, determined to make a splash and get enough air time to get her very own reality TV show, like Ben/Lauren and the twins did on Freeform (the old ABC Family channel) or maybe even the holy grail of Reality TV, E! network.

So day one of filming, she gets trashed, makes out with multiple guys--according to those there, she was the aggressor, going up to them, initiating contact, etc. The cameras roll, its all caught on film including whatever happened in the pool with DeMario. She doesn't seem to be out of it so TPTB just go along with filming.

Now this is where I'm guessing but I think Corinne wakes up on Day 2, goes "oh no, that's not a good thing for my TV future, making out with multiple guys, getting it on with DeMario in the pool in PUBLIC, etc" so she has her BFF file the complaint to make sure that footage never airs. Complaint is filed, things spiral out of control, producer friend has ruined her career and Mike Fleiss will make sure Corinne never, ever gets her own reality TV show.

Here we are with filming to start tomorrow and Raven's chance to get that Neal Lane ring is back on.

Catherine M - I think you are spot on.
I had some negative thoughts about Corinne after hearing about this, based on her behavior on the Bachelor - but I did not want to 'blame the victim'. But females like Corinne are what make it hard for real victims to come forward.
TPTB - got what they should have expected. I always thought Corinne was a piece of work - and she was around way past her amusement/expiration date in the Bachelor season.
I have read that DeMario has been explicitly cleared. He does seem like a jerk, but does not deserve the fallout from this. Corinne is just a spoiled daddy's girl that does not understand nor own what she does.

Back to the current season. I watch, sort of. It is one of those shows where I end up on my ipad or laptop and not fully pay attention. I like Rachel, she seems like a nice person. But I guess I have watched too many seasons, seems so predictable with the drama.

Jenny

From the Bloc
Sounds like BIP is making a lot of effort to tone down the show - warning, this link has photos that include one of the men yet to be eliminated from the current season of The Bachelorette.

It will be interesting to see how BIP fares in the ratings - I'm sure there will be a new spike in the opening episodes of new and lapsed viewers thanks to all this publicity, but they're going to have to play up the G-rated dramz to sustain interest among all but the most hardcore romantics among their fans.

Catherine M

Corinne has released a statement (can't link to it from work) and basically says nothing except her "team" has concluded their investigation and things are all ok. Guess ABC rolled the tape of what happened that day and team Corinne realized they had no court case.

I'm still pissed at her for going out there and claiming to be a "victim" and ruining DeMario's reputation. Hopefully Fleiss makes sure she never, ever gets another second of airtime.

Oh, Ashley I said on her podcast that the first three days of filming will be shown, including that day at the Pool. That could get the viewers to tune in.

Catherine M

FWIW, filming ended yesterday (or today) on the resumed Bachelor in Paradise.

Reality Steve says to expect one or two engagements---number of days of filming was just 2 or 3 less than a normal season so I guess its not a surprise couples formed. And I'm sure Neil Lane is happy to get his 15 seconds of airtime once again.

Catherine M

Well last night's episode made me want to get on a plane and spend some time in Switzerland.

Too bad the producers spent sooooo much time on the idiot that was Lee so that we had no clue why Rachel was bawling her eyes out over Matt as that was so random. Hope he enjoyed paradise! Adam too.

Part of me wants to believe the dribble that comes out of Bryan's mouth but the other part is like can he stop talking in cliche's. At least he was honest with Rachel about his mom derailing his last relationship. Can't wait to meet her next week.

And Dean's dad looks like he's going into the parental hall of fame. That hometown date is going to be epic. Can't wait.

Oh, Eric's story of coming from a very rough past is a first for this show as I don't think they've ever had someone from his background be part of the show for so long.

smurfy

Interesting hometown dates. I get their names mixed up, so if I have the names wrong
Eric (Baltimore) - such a nice guy. I am not sure Rachel is for him, but given his background, he is such an upbeat person. I like how his family felt real. His aunt was the best. Glad he has someone like that in his life.
One with Crazy Mother - run, run. Seems like the favorite though. I do not see it lasting.
Dean - just so sad, and to have it on tv. His sister showed the most realness, and I feel bad for the whole family. Dean is a decent guy, but he needs to mature and deal with the issues from his mom's death before he can move on.
Guy in Wisc - I think i like him best, but Rachel wants a proposal. I think if he does not state he will do that, he is not the one.

I do like Rachel, but she is maybe focusing on getting a ring at the end and having it all look good. I get she feels pressure. But I hope she gets a long term relationship out of this.

Catherine M

Bryan's mother was so ridiculous that for a moment I was wondering if she was a plant. And why did we never get to "meet" the girl that was taking to Rachel about his ex!? We know it wasn't Bryan's sister as he's an only child so who was she!?!? A cousin? A friend? Some random person off the street? Very strange.

Love Aunt Verna and can see why Eric is following in her footsteps and developing his brand as a "motivational speaker". She's all over Twitter, enjoying her new fame.

Nothing to say about Peter except I found his trotting out his black friends to be well kinda calculated. But then the guy is reading from his cue cards quite nicely so I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

No comment on Dean and his family as that was painful to watch.

Can't wait to see Spain next week!

smurfy

So the 3 guys meet Rachel's family.
I like her family. They seem very close and real. Her mom and sister are very pretty.
Eric - He is such a nice guy, very real and sincere (which Rachel's family saw), but I do not see him with Rachel. Hope he does not get his heart broken. I also wonder if he is falling in love with the idea of being in love - loving the situation.
Peter - the visit seemed the best, Rachel's family really liked him. but their one on one later on, part of me thinks they are not that far apart. Let the show end and try dating for real. If it is real - then worth it.
Bryan - everyone says he is slick, to me he seems robotic in some way. Something is off.
The only thing that makes sense to me - there is faux drama to keep us in suspense, as it would be obvious that it is Peter.

Catherine M

I know this isn't a very popular opinion but I really like Rachel when she's with Bryan. She seems more like herself, very confident and well happy.

As for the other two, with Eric, she seems like a big sister helping her nice younger brother navigate the world and with Peter and his barely contained indifference to her, I find her weepy reactions to him to be kinda unsettling and want to yell at her "girl, he's just not into you at ALL".

I'm 99.9% I will not be watching the Lee show next week at the Men Tell All. If I do, it will be with the remote and the mute button handy as I have no desire to hear what that idiot has to say.

madm

What bothers me the most about Bryan is his relationship with his Mom. It's a bit creepy how close he is to her and how controlling she is. I think she would interfere with their relationship, and he might take his Mom's side in disagreements. If he takes Rachel's side instead, well, his Mom already said "I will kill you!" once before.

At least Rachel's family is willing to trust her judgment about selecting a spouse. I don't think Bryan's family would give him the freedom to disagree with their opinions. And Bryan would never be able to move away from his Mom - she seems to live off involvement with her only son. I would also consider what the female friend/cousin (?) at the Miami home visit said about Bryan's Mom being responsible for the breakup of his previous relationship.

smurfy

re - Bryan and whether he has a sister. Maybe a half sister?
I caught him saying last night about him being 'his mother's only child'. Just a thought.

Catherine M

re - Bryan and whether he has a sister. Maybe a half sister?
I caught him saying last night about him being 'his mother's only child'. Just a thought.

Well the girl that was part of Bryan's hometown date was his cousin; Rachel said so in her People blog.

There might be half siblings out there from his dad but they weren't on his hometown date.

Catherine M

The 3 hour finale is tonight. I'll probably watch the first 2 hours with one eye but am curious to see how the ATFR goes as Rachel seems a bit annoyed on social media about her final 2 guy so lets see if she confronts him in person.

smurfy

Peter did nothing wrong, he was honest. He was right in saying he was being attacked.
I think Rachel and Harrison were not nice. An she was so upset when they broke up, but she gets engaged to someone else.
Now on the show she is saying she wants to build their life and get to know him better.
I think that is what Peter was proposing.
I really dislike Rachel now, and I had liked her.
I do not think they will last. If she goes on dancing w the stars, the breakup will be after that.

Catherine M

Rachel is getting slammed on social media for daring not to pick Peter which I totally don't understand as why would you care?!?

As for who her true final 1 was, who knows as the edit can be very misleading. Maybe she'll be another Des and the actual final 2 who became the final 1 does turn out to be her happily ever after. But Des' Chris didn't come with Bryan's mother :p

Rob

Beach Bum
Rachel looked freezing for her proposal, you'd think they could have set up behind a nice wall out of the wind. And the wind made for a bad hair day.

She was still pissed at Peter. Made it impossible for them to announce him as next Bachelor right away with Rachel saying " this just isn't for you, Peter." Peter is good eye candy, but I like Eric better. I wonder if Luke Pell is done with his summer tour yet. I read that Rachel and Bryan picked Alex for Bachelor.

Last edited:

Winnipeg

Rachel disappointed at the end. I think it is wrong to pressure someone to feel something they are not sure about. Peter was honest.
Not sure about how Bryan will feel to find he was really the consolation prize

Although a cynical side thinks he might be planning for next bachelor as his secret goal?

Ps, I don't think peter is cute or eye candy......just IMHO

PeterG

Peter did nothing wrong, he was honest.

I felt Peter was saying that he was 99% percent sure that he wanted everything that Rachel wanted, but the they both deserved 100%. He just wanted time living a normal life away from the whole "show" aspect of their relationship. I think the only thing that may have been wrong as far as what he did was to say that if she wanted him to propose, he would do what she told him to do. Rachel let her past relationship failures affect her current relationship. Shows that she has not processed her past break-up and was projecting what that guy did onto Peter. :(

Rachel is getting slammed on social media for daring not to pick Peter which I totally don't understand as why would you care?!?

People care because they get invested in the show and the people on it, who choose to be on said show so we can all get involved! :lol:

She was still pissed at Peter. Made it impossible for them to announce him as next Bachelor right away with Rachel saying " this just isn't for you, Peter." Peter is good eye candy, but I like Eric better. I wonder if Luke Pell is done with his summer tour yet. I read that Rachel and Bryan picked Alex for Bachelor.

I hope Peter has nothing to do with the whole franchise from now on. Any future involvement would lessen the integrity he has shown up until this point. Although if he wanted a few years before taking a turns as The Bachelor, I'd be okay with that. But if he jumps right back into the show, then I'll feel like the things he said weren't as true as I took them to be.

As for Eric, his struggles with the English language take him out of the running for me. His continued presence on the show did not make sense to me at all. It appeared as if he struggled to finish high school while Rachel was a lawyer and daughter of a judge. Such a mis-match.

Alex as the next Bachelor? :cheer: :swoon: :kickass: :grope: :D :cheer2:

Catherine M

I think the three main contenders for the next Bachelor are:

Peter, the beloved one from this season
Ben H, who is now back to being single
Wells, who has a role as the "bartender" on the upcoming season of Bachelor in Paradise

I think Dean is out due to what goes down in Paradise with him and a couple of the ladies but then that didn't stop Nick from going from Paradise to the lead so who knows.

Rob

Beach Bum
I hope Peter has nothing to do with the whole franchise from now on. Any future involvement would lessen the integrity he has shown up until this point. Although if he wanted a few years before taking a turns as The Bachelor, I'd be okay with that. But if he jumps right back into the show, then I'll feel like the things he said weren't as true as I took them to be.

I missed you this season PeterG!

Well BiP's airing of the "scandal" was pretty zzzzz.

Catherine M

So the big news in Bachelor land is dueling reports about Peter.

First, Fleiss has gone to People magazine and basically trashed him and a "source" (probably Mike himself) says he'll NEVER be the Bachelor:

http://people.com/tv/bachelorette-r...next-bachelor-never-gonna-happen-says-source/

So Reality Steve tweeted out right after the People Magazine story broke that's not true, that they desperately want Peter as the next lead but that he has decided not to do the show.

So stay tune as this looks like its going to get good.

Does open the casting for the next lead to:

Dean, though his time in Paradise is a big mess and I can't see how they can clean that up
Wells, the friendly Paradise bartender
Ben H, will he EVER find love

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I would love to see Wells get it because I think he is absolutely adorable, but I don't know if I want my image of him ruined by watching him slog through a season of being the Bachelor.

Rob

Beach Bum
People is saying Luke Pell and Robby Hayes are back in the running. I thought BachTown was all pissed at Luke for trying to manipulate his casting/career opportunities. I hope it isn't Robby, he bugs me.

Catherine M

People is saying Luke Pell and Robby Hayes are back in the running. I thought BachTown was all pissed at Luke for trying to manipulate his casting/career opportunities. I hope it isn't Robby, he bugs me.

I think Fleiss is just having People magazine through out some names to see what kinda buzz he can get going about anyone not named Peter. I'd be surprised if either one was in serious contention but you never know. I still think it will come down to Wells or Dean.

Just an FYI, the president's talk is going to interrupt or delay Bachelor in Paradise tonight and those in NYC won't see it at all till 1am cause of NY Giants preseaon football.

Rob

Beach Bum
I liked Ben Zorn during Kaitlyn's season, but now he is Ben Zzzzzorn talking about his dog the whole time. Raven looks like her eyes are glazing over talking to him.

As of now, Dean is a being a D-bag, and I don't see him as the Bachelor. Too young.

Does Robby wear colored contacts? His eyes looked green last week and brown this week. I assume that his buddy "Anonymous" is Josh or has Amanda been engaged numerous times?

Catherine M

I assume that his buddy "Anonymous" is Josh or has Amanda been engaged numerous times?

Yes Robby is friends with Josh. Well he was friends as I can't see Josh wanting to remain close after Robby starts to "date" Amanda. I put date in quotes as I don't think Robby is interested in anyone but himself and being an "Instagram Influencer".

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information