Bachelorette Season 14---or Becca's Revenge tour

Catherine M

I normally don't like the Men tell All but I have to admit, I have laughed a few times tonight.

And Grocery Joe seems like a sweetheart. Hope paradise doesn't turn him into a douche like so many others

TheGirlCanSkate

I found the show got so boring that I can use it to fall asleep to. It's Becca "blah blah blah", Interchangeable male, "blah blah blah." I'm ready for a new style of the bachelorette. Maybe something trashy - party girl challenges guys to convince her to settle down. Or something other than the cookie cutter hetero love story.

Or anything with less whining and rehashing of the same 6 lines.

Winnipeg

Many of these guys think they are a 'catch" and they are definitely not. Going on the show makes it more obvious and further downgrades their desireability

Rob

Beach Bum
Did anyone watch? It wasn't as dramatic as I expected after that buildup - I expected an outburst and wailing and anger, not just sobbing. For Bachelor, I am just not on the Blake bandwagon at all, but I guess he's popular and he's said he'd do it if asked.

Catherine M

Did anyone watch? It wasn't as dramatic as I expected after that buildup - I expected an outburst and wailing and anger, not just sobbing. For Bachelor, I am just not on the Blake bandwagon at all, but I guess he's popular and he's said he'd do it if asked.

I was kinda watching social media last night to see what people were saying about Blake and yes he was getting lots of love but there are some convictions that maybe he wouldn't be a good lead.

I think there are a couple of strong contenders this time around:

Jason--actually has what I would consider a great job ie isn't a personal trainer; kinda like what a Bachelor"catch" should be all about but he has turned some off with his out there campaigning for the job.

Blake--has the sad backstory but can he handle the stress!?!

And then you have the guys that went to Paradise:

Joe, Wills, Colton

But rumor has it that Chris Harrison is pushing for Ben Higgins. Just NOOOOOOOOO from me on him doing it a second time.

As for Becca, I wish her luck with the bigoted dimwit that she picked.

Rob

Beach Bum
I prefer Jason to Blake but only if he loses the hair product.
I think I prefer Colton (no fantasy suites?) or Wills to both of them. I like Joe, but I think he'd be overwhelmed. Seems like he is out of his element as he is not naturally an attention seeking social media influencer. I wonder who signed him up? Mom? Sister?
Ben Higgins, I don't see how he was the best Bachelor ever. He was better than Brad 1.0 2.0 though.

Catherine M

I prefer Jason to Blake but only if he loses the hair product.
I think I prefer Colton (no fantasy suites?) or Wills to both of them. I like Joe, but I think he'd be overwhelmed. Seems like he is out of his element as he is not naturally an attention seeking social media influencer. I wonder who signed him up? Mom? Sister?

I don't know who signed up Grocery store Joe. Spoilers for Bachelor in Paradise seem good for him so he'll stay on the list but He's a man of few words so I can't really see him a serious contender.

I think right now its down to Blake vs Jason but like Reality Steve said in his blog this morning, the naming of the Bachelor is the LAST big secret from this show--everything else is spoiled so I actually think like previous years, multiple guys will think its them (Luke even packed his bags and got rid of his apartment) that we won't know till the person trots out on the stage on BiP reunion or Good Morning America.

just tuned in

Blake--has the sad backstory but can he handle the stress?
He is so sweaty! I've never seen anyone sweat so much! When he hugged Becca's family, his shirt was soaked! And as he approached Becca's on the pier you could see the moisture forming on his forehead, and by the time he was done professing his love, rivulets were dripping off his nose!

I wonder if for the studio interview he put antiperspirant on his face.

Catherine M

So did anyone watch Bachelor in Paradise last night?

I thought it was a pretty good beginning but we'd all be passed out if you'd take a shot every time someone said "Colton". Lord for someone that was only on screen for 15 minutes, he sure dominated the proceedings.

And I'm 1000% sure Tia was told to ask Chris on that date by the producers as they knew that the other guys would roll over when Colton got there but not ole Chris. And no surprise that Colton ditched Angela, who is way cuter than Tia, to get more TV time and take Tia and her flotation devices for a sail. I actually think Chris is a great foil to goody-goody Colton so I'm looking forward to the confrontation next week.

As for the others, glad to see my favorite Venmo John get some attention from random girl (I think it was the girl with all the phobias, Annaleise). Kendall is too quirky for my tastes so sorry to see Grocery Store Joe fall but better her than Krystal or Bibiana!

Rob

Beach Bum
I was thinking what might have happened if Arie had stayed with Becca. Lauren was way too quiet and boring to be the lead (female GroJoe) so we'd have had Kendall or Tia as Bachelorette? Or Kristina Shulman was still in the running then? I don't mind Kendall but in large doses that might change. Tia drives me nuts.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Have they always picked the Bachelorette from failed Bachelor contestants? The whole franchise seems to incestuous and that doesn't seem good for the long haul.

Catherine M

I'm pretty sure Tia was going to be the Bachelorette until Arie got cold feet and pulled a Mesnick.

That's why Colton had slid into her DMs before Arie's season even started airing as he heard Tia had made it far and wanted to get a leg up on the competition. As the gang said on Paradise last night, Colton is desperate to be on TV--well they all are, Colton is just less subtle about it.

Catherine M

Have they always picked the Bachelorette from failed Bachelor contestants? The whole franchise seems to incestuous and that doesn't seem good for the long haul.

Yes every Bachelorette has been a former contestant, all the way back to Trista.

The Bachelor did one early recycle with Bob the boob and then went back to newbies. It wasn't until Deanna dumped Jason, who was being portrayed as the sweet single farmer, for some loser snowboarder Jesse that they went back to recycling the Bachelor lead and haven't gone back to newbies since then.

Robert Mills, the ABC executive that runs the show is very keen on having a built in story with the new lead so I doubt they would ever cast someone new unless they were able to talk a D-list celebrity to do the show like they had with Charlie O'Connell.

Catherine M

Off topic, but related - flipping through tv channels, I landed on 90 day fiancé. I'd probably rename that show "desperate and delusional". Wow, what a sad show.

Been meaning to answer this.

I sometime watch "90 day fiance". Its beyond delusional and they all need mental help.

This was me watching the first episode of this new season with Rachel jetting off to England with sweet baby Lucy to meet some guy with a violent past and prison record :yikes:

KCC

Been meaning to answer this.

I sometime watch "90 day fiance". Its beyond delusional and they all need mental help.

This was me watching the first episode of this new season with Rachel jetting off to England with sweet baby Lucy to meet some guy with a violent past and prison record :yikes:

My God, I never thought I'd say this, but I have a (not real close) relative that is now trying to find his internet love in Algeria. It is absolutely eating the family alive. The state department websites are full of warnings of this sort of thing, and it all looks terrible. I hope he gets out alive.

PeterG

As for Becca, I wish her luck with the bigoted dimwit that she picked.

So we're supposed to believe that when Garrett clicked on the Instagram heart, turning it red (and thereby liking that post)...that he didn't know what he was doing? Like he's somebody's 80 year old Grandpa with his first cell phone? The things he liked, from what I've read, include:

- laughing at immigrants

- laughing at trans people

- laughing at working women

- laughing at Parkland students/survivors

I'm waiting to find out he liked a video of some good old boys lighting up a cross they just stuck on somebody's front lawn. What a wretched human for Becca to end up with. Maybe she's just as much a loser as he is, but is pretty and is camera-ready.

:barf:

Reactions: Rob

Catherine M

I'm waiting to find out he liked a video of some good old boys lighting up a cross they just stuck on somebody's front lawn. What a wretched human for Becca to end up with. Maybe she's just as much a loser as he is, but is pretty and is camera-ready.

Actually Becca's social media feeds are full of pro-women and liberal causes so no clue how she came to the conclusion that Garrett is the PERFECT guy for her. Guess she had blinders on during filming, never bothered to ask any pertinent questions, accepted his proposal and when the Instagram likes story broke post filming, she was too far gone or too embarrassed to pull the plug on the relationship. Now she's babbling on in the press about how "Garrett will be a HOT DAD" and allowing him to give really stupid answers in the press like he didn't know what a crisis actor is:

https://variety.com/2018/tv/news/the-bachelorette-garrett-yrigoyen-david-hogg-1202898553/

Robert Mills has said that if they had known about Garrett's likes of bigoted posts, he would have never been cast. That makes me sad for Becca but now she has to put her big girl panties on and either pull the plug on this relationship or deal with the fact that she is with a guy that has such views.

Rob

Beach Bum
The Garrett scandal made me wonder about Garrett's two month relationship and his allegations that his wife got emotionally abusive. Maybe he's able to conceal his true colors during courtship for a short period, but did he finally reveal them and she went off.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Or maybe she wasn't abusive at all but either (a) he was or (b) he considered her asserting herself to be "abusive". (I've seen both with men who hold these views.)

Last edited:

Catherine M

Of all the red flags with Garrett, you'd think that his marriage only lasted TWO months would be the biggest one but I really do think the lead gets into this bubble and things that would give us pause in the real world are ignored.

I really do wish Becca luck in figuring things out for herself. Nothing more to say about ole Garrett as He is who he is.

Last edited:

Jenny

From the Bloc
Of all the red flags with Garrett, you'd think that his marriage only lasted TWO months would be the biggest one but I really do think the lead gets into this bubble and things that would give us pause in the real world are ignored.

I'm sure the producers cultivate that - fawning all over their lead making her feel special and convincing her that these great guys who they handpicked and so carefully vetted for her are all dying to marry her. And then having all these men (supposedly) vying for her attention, giving her kisses and complimenting her constantly, coupled with the fact that anyone who goes on these shows is desperate for attention and validation. No surprise that she'd think nothing of a two month marriage, because of course it's not his fault that he's misunderstood, of course it was some less worthy woman and totally her fault, of course she herself will be the special snowflake who will understand him and save him from every other woman in the world.

To me the real red flag is that any of them agreed to this in the first place :lol:

Last edited:

PeterG

Or maybe she wasn't abusive at all but either (a) he was or (be) he considered her asserting herself to be "abusive". (I've seen both with men who hold these views.)

Or maybe she was one of those chicks who has OPINIONS about things. Dude, those are the WORST.

I Luv Bulldogs

I believe I read on Reality Steve's site that Garrett's ex-wife cheated on Garrett and she is now married to the other dude. Hence her radio silence. Messy all around.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
So she was "emotionally abusive" because she cheated on him? That's not what emotionally abusive means.

just tuned in

Watching the promos for BiP, specifically Leo attacking Joe, it is easier to understand why Leo got such limited airtime on MTA. (Is MTA filed after BiP, or before?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information