Tara Engaged!

el henry

#WeAllWeGot #WeAllWeNeed
My hubby got his PhD from Brown. Although we won't mention the year, and it sure didn't start with a "2". And he, in my humble opinion, is rather hot:summer:

Does that mean I am a world class former figure skater? Errr ... Oh well, guess not.

Congrats to Tara and Todd:40beers:

Sylvia

TBD
Tara's engagement party took place one week ago at the Mr. C Beverly Hills hotel (lots of photos):
https://www.insideweddings.com/news...edalist-tara-lipinskis-engagement-party/3005/
Tara and fiancé Todd Kapostasy have been engaged since last year, and the pair was ecstatic to be able to celebrate their upcoming nuptials with an engagement fête in Beverly Hills on Saturday (May 21st, 2016). “Due to our hectic work schedules, Todd and I aren’t able to officially tie the knot until 2017, but we couldn’t wait that long to celebrate,” Tara shares. “Having an engagement party was a great chance for our friends and family to get to know each other better and get excited for the big day.”

Sylvia

TBD

Sasha'sSpins

🇺🇦💙🙏💛🇺🇦
Yes, I agree that both of them--not just she--should have a prenup. We know that she owns 3 very nice homes from what she has shown on IG. We can gather that she's (considerably) wealthier than the average person. We know that he's an Emmy-winning producer, so he may also have a high income.

It's just common sense. No one thinks their marriage is going to split up (hence the "prenup? How unromantic! How cynical!") but half of them do. It's like planning for any unexpected event...flood insurance, life insurance, disability, whatever. Stuff happens. Hopefully, the marriage lasts and you never have to use the prenup.

I think producers are actually the ones that front the money for productions, movies, plays (thus producers! As well as win the Oscars, Emmys, Tonys, etc. for 'Best Picture', Best Show', etc. ) so he probably is well off at the very least if not incredibly wealthy. It's just wise for each party to take care of their own pre-marital assets just in case things go south.

I LOVE Tara's bridal shower dress! It's GORGEOUS!! :respec:(we need a heart eyes smiley LOL!)

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Movie producers generally fund film projects. However, there are movie producers who also come up with the ideas and are involved in all aspects of the film, such as finding a director and making casting decisions, etc. Multi-talented people can produce, write, direct and act in a film (if they are wealthy from other successes, e.g. Clint Eastwood).

In television production, a producer is generally employed by the network to put news or sports features together (which includes concept, research, writing, direction, editing). Producers in television news/sports are also responsible for running day-to-day, in-studio operation of shows.

Below is an article about Todd and his background. He's surely fairly well off now financially, but I doubt that he comes from a wealthy family (his aunt --father's sister-- is Chris Jansing of NBC news). On his father's side, Todd is of Slovakian/Hungarian ancestry. Todd majored in political science and history at Brown University, and he was a high-jumper on the track team. After a stint at ESPN, Todd became a producer at Fox Sports 1, where he got the chance to do the creative work of putting together feature stories beyond simply producing regular in-studio broadcasts. Todd subsequently won four Emmys for sports features he produced at Fox, including stories on Albert Belle and the Cleveland Indians. Todd is a native of northeast Ohio and he's a big fan of the local sports teams. :D http://www.cleveland.com/sports/index.ssf/2015/05/perry_high_alum_fox_sports_pro.html

Boy, Tara and Todd have been building up for their wedding for quite a long time. But most likely their professional schedules have had a lot to do with their lengthy scheduling of events and prep leading up to their actual nuptials this summer. But I guess if you are busy, and like Tara, have the big bucks to afford a fancy engagement party one year and a blowout pastel-themed ultra fab shower the following year with your wedding a few months after the shower, then go for it.

The summer Olympics in Rio was happening last year, so Tara has been busy on the professional side. She's lucky to have her Mom focused on helping her out with so much of the event and wedding planning.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Oh and I forgot about television producers who produce series television, including reality, comedy and drama shows. In these cases, again you may have individual producers who initiate the idea and other producers who provide the money and help to sell the idea/ pilot to a network. Then there are individual producers and production companies employed by networks to run the show's daily operations.

For example, Kevin Mok has produced America's Next Top Model working with host, Tyra Banks, who created the concept. Tyra doesn't host anymore but she still owns the series which was originally picked up by UPN, and then UPN merged with Warner Brothers (WB) to become CW (CBS-Warner Brothers). There are over 40 international offshoots of ANTM, including Africa, Australia, China, Germany, Philippines, Poland, Romania, Russia, South Korea, Thailand, etc.

Project Runway was an idea originated by The Weinstein Company with Heidi Klum joining as host/judge and helping to develop the concept. During the show's research phase, Tim Gunn stepped in to assist as mentor to the designers and he ultimately helped with the show's further growth and development, along with co-judges Nina Garcia and Michael Kors. The show began on BRAVO network with a group of producers employed by the network to run the daily operations, along with Weinstein's company as executive producers. When PR broke their contract with BRAVO to move to Lifetime, litigation was involved. On Lifetime, a new group of producers run the daily operations with Weinstein & co still serving as executive producers.

Dancing With the Stars has a team of producers employed by ABC to run the show. All of the contestants usually rave about DWTS production team.

Madame Secretary
started as an idea developed by actor/producer Morgan Freeman with his producing partner, Lori McCreary. They sought out Barbara Hall to help with concept development and writing. The show was sold to CBS and it is a huge success, now in its second season. Actor/director/producer Eric Stolz began as one of the series' directors and he has become managing director and co-executive producer because of his outstanding work. Stolz has also acted in a number of episodes in the role of brother to the show's star, Tea Leoni. :)

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Bride-to-be Tara Lipinski and her fiancé, Fox Sports producer Todd Kapostasy, broke from tradition in favor of a four-day joint bachelor-bachelorette destination fête in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
The couple invited 13 of their closest friends to join them at a beautiful beachfront villa on famed Palmilla Beach. The six-bedroom home is located on a private cove surrounded by a gorgeous sandy beach — and it even came with a personal chef/margarita-maker!
Article & photos: http://people.com/sports/inside-tar...e-party-in-paradise-it-was-a-wedding-pregame/

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information