Skate America 2018 goes back to Everett, Washington

SkateSand

Cat Servant
Just spent about 3 hours of my time changing my outbound flights and hotel reservations because Delta changed my flight times out of Boston to Seattle as well as the other direction.

United has already changed my flights twice, and it's only June. I would like to arrange my shuttles from Seattle to Everett and back, but I don't want to do that until United has decided what my "finalized" schedule will be. :p

sk9tingfan

When I spoke to the lovely customer service rep from Delta, she said, "Well, there's someone up there who makes a whole lot more money than I do, figuring out the flight schedules". I had previously indicated that I understood that they were trying to maximize the efficiency of their flights but resented their prematurely offering flight times they never intended on providing.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I was going to book Alaska Airlines for the trip home because it's the only non-stop and the price was around $200, and now they've jacked up the price for a one way ticket to $600. :eek: I usually book my flights earlier, but I had to wait to see if my mom was going with me. Wth Alaska!

Dee2e

Does anyone know if there will be a hotel shuttle? Where is everyone staying?

TanithandBenFan

USFSA never operates a shuttle for SA, so you have to check with your hotel if they offer a shuttle for the local area.

maatTheViking

Roxaaannnneeee!!!
I'm looking forward to seeing Hendricx, but I am a little disappointing there are not male Japanese skaters assigned to SKAM.

I am also not excited about the ice dance other than Hubbell and Donohue.

hopefully I will get more excited as we get closer to the event.

Dobre

I am excited to see Nathan, McNamara & Carpenter, Nazarova & Nikitin, and Marin! I also always enjoy Guignard & Fabbri and Starr Andrews. I am looking forward to seeing Polina Tsurkskaya live for the first time, and I'm happy for Julian that he is on the GP this season.

Dee2e

I have one front row all event ticket for sale. Section 106. Call me, if interested. 407.421.7915.

TanithandBenFan

The ISU has posted the official Announcement for the event, which includes a tentative time schedule. As I suspected, the Delta Marriott is the official hotel.

https://isu.org/docman-documents-li...s-68/17830-gpusa-2018-announcement-final/file

All times Pacific

Friday, Oct. 19
7:30 - Pairs SP
9:00 - Men's SP

Saturday, Oct. 20
1:25 - Pairs FS
3:00 - Men's FS
7:20 - Ladies SP
9:10 - Rhythm Dance

Sunday, Oct. 21
11:10 - Free Dance
1:00 - Ladies FS
6:15 - Exhibition

upnights

I’m selling 2 all-event tickets, 3rd row, Section 109. Could sell separately. Price negotiable.

Please message me if interested.

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting @Vash01's question (from the "Tickets for sale or wanted" thread) here in case anyone can help:
I am supposed to have a Skate America All events ticket (Row 8) but I have not received it yet. Has anyone else received their tickets?

Lutzcy

I looked up my ticket purchase confirmation for Skate America. The think the tickets are Print-at-Home or Will-Call only.

Edited to add: I just checked - I requested Mail delivery. "If you have not received your tickets 7 days prior to the show please contact us....etc"

Edited to add: i just signed into my ticket account at the arena. My all event package all says "Will Call". Hmm. Not what I remembered nor what my confirmation said. There was no option to change delivery. Oh well, I definitely am ticketed and can go to Will Call the first day.

Last edited:

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I just checked - I requested Mail delivery. "If you have not received your tickets 7 days prior to the show please contact us....etc"

Edited to add: i just signed into my ticket account at the arena. My all event package all says "Will Call". Hmm. Not what I remembered nor what my confirmation said. There was no option to change delivery. Oh well, I definitely am ticketed and can go to Will Call the first day.

Geez, if everyone who requested mail delivery is now being assigned to Will Call, the lineups at Will Call are going to be :eek:

I wonder how people selling their tickets are supposed to do so if they don't have actual tickets in hand....print-at-home and mail them to the new buyer?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I checked my ticketing account and my receipt (I bought an all-event ticket). My receipt shows delivery by mail, my online account shows "will call" :mad:

I phoned the toll-free number on the arena website. It goes to a call centre, because the rep at the other end of the phone kept thanking me for calling the Wells Fargo Arena, which Google tells me is in Des Moines. I explained the issue and he tried to fix it by telling me how to pick up my tickets at Will Call.

Finally he admitted that he couldn't fix whatever had happened, and that the arena box office would have to look into it. They're getting a phone call first thing Monday morning. Here's their hours and the number of their direct line, for anyone else who has also had their delivery option changed.
http://angelofthewindsarena.com/ArenaInfo/BoxOfficeInfo.ashx?p=1141

Not impressed.....

shuilee

Those poor Ice Dancers. The Short Dance on Sat ends at 11pm, then Free Dance on Sun starts at 11am. They will barely have enough time to sleep for 8 hrs, and then go straight to competition for the FD!

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Update on the Will Call/mailed tickets and why the tickets haven't been sent out yet:

I called the arena box office this morning and spoke to a very helpful person. The reason that the ticket order status was changed from "mail" to "will call" is that the arena is waiting for USFS to confirm whether there is a title sponsor for the event. The change is to keep the tickets in the system until they get that confirmation. Once USFS lets them know about the sponsor, then the arena can get on with printing and sending the tickets.

The helpful person said that once the sponsor issue gets settled, the arena is going to send out a mass email to all the buyers who requested mailed tickets, to let them know that the tickets are on their way. The helpful person also mentioned that mailing is only available to purchasers with a US or Canadian address, so anyone with an address from elsewhere will have their tickets at will-call regardless of what they requested.

BTW if anyone needs to call the arena about ticket problems, the direct line to an actual live person in the arena box office is 425-322-2645 local 6. This bypasses a lot of long recorded messages and/or being redirected to the less-than-helpful centralized call centre.

Last edited:

Carolla5501

Update on the Will Call/mailed tickets and why the tickets haven't been sent out yet:

I called the arena box office this morning and spoke to a very helpful person. The reason that the ticket order status was changed from "mail" to "will call" is that the arena is waiting for USFS to confirm whether there is a title sponsor for the event. The change is to keep the tickets in the system until they get that confirmation. Once USFS lets them know about the sponsor, then the arena can get on with printing and sending the tickets.

The helpful person said that once the sponsor issue gets settled, the arena is going to send out a mass email to all the buyers who requested mailed tickets, to let them know that the tickets are on their way. The helpful person also mentioned that mailing is only available to purchasers with a US or Canadian address, so anyone with an address from elsewhere will have their tickets at will-call regardless of what they requested.

BTW if anyone needs to call the arena about ticket problems, the direct line to an actual live person in the arena box office is 425-322-2645 local 6. This bypasses a lot of long recorded messages and/or being redirected to the less-than-helpful centralized call centre.
So it's less than 60 days before the event and they are still waiting on confirmation of a sponsor? USFS better be in final negotiations at this point

manhn

Does the practice schedule seem short? Don't skaters practice on the ice twice on that Thursday?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information