Skate America 2018 goes back to Everett, Washington

Cayuse

Street parking is free during the evening and Saturday and Sunday. For practice today, the signs say 90 minute parking (with no obvious way of how anyone is actually timed). I parked on the street yesterday and moved my car one time during the practice.

Skittl1321

(with no obvious way of how anyone is actually timed).

I suspect they use small chalk marks on tires, like many municipalities or they have camera cars that drive through at regular intervals taking photos of the license plates (the ones our city uses have like 20 cameras mounted on them at varying heights- they look ridiculous.)

skatingguy

decently
I have to say I've been more than a little blase about the figure skating season so far. I think I was still recovering from the Olympic season - it is always so long, and I'm not even directly involved in the sport - but I'm really excited to get Skate America under way. Just four hours to go before the start of the men's short program. I have the weekend off so I can watch every second of the competition live and it's supposed to rain and be cool so a great excuse to stay inside and watch skating. Four hours and counting.
https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20181019T2230&p0=188&font=cursive

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
^^^ Nice, where do you live? It got back to summer in LA... 89 degress, and tomorrow too. Although next week I am off to Germany.

Pairs begins in a few hours!!!!

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Smiths Falls Ontario - less than an hour west of Ottawa. I miss summer already and its only been gone a month now.

We're roasting again. LOL but a dry roast. But Ill be in Germany in a few days. I love Ontario area, I just never get there anymore..... Cant wait for the action to begin.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

But that takes place inside the arena only right? I want to see Brooke commentating pairs on the network broadcast. :mitchell:

Tanith can stick to the ice dance commentary. :drama:

Yes! I love Brooke.

I can do without Weiss. And they are only for the Ice Desk.

Tara and Johnny seemed to have a lot of differences of opinions in todays broadcast... and for the first time I sided with Tara... I thought Johnny made a very..... well.... DUMB.... comment when he said men need all this space to prep for quads where women are only doing triples.... and Im like ....uhhh, have you watched juniors? The women have higher scores than the men... but Tara took these words right from my mouth.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Tara and Johnny seemed to have a lot of differences of opinions in todays broadcast...

Tara and Johnny often differ during the broadcast, but they like each other a lot and they get along and are generally supportive of each other all the way. Tara is sometimes off-base in her comments. Johnny can be as well. It's not an easy gig navigating fs commentary on the network due to the superficial nature of NBC's coverage. There are lots of limitations and strictures they have to be aware of, along with chiming in with their views and displaying good chemistry in the booth. With that in mind, Tara, Terry and Johnny do a decent job for a casual fan audience, and a middling to decent job for hardcore fans, minus some of the stuff they say that has me talking back to the screen, and sometimes wanting them to not chime in with trivialities and overdone chatter. :lol:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I dont know wheer to ask this question and I dont want to start a new thread...but does anyone know who Brau Avitia 2 is over at the YouTubes?

A God send because they post every skating video from like every competition in nearly real time... who needs NBC Gold...or anything else for that matter..

I have just been curious....

skatingguy

decently

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I feel like this board needs a venting thread.....

LOL

OK, I say this every year.. I despise and am embarrassed by Skate America's CHEAP-ass Kiss & Cry area... Last years was tacky and grandma and this year has no effort. A cheap, wrinkled plastic sheet that says "Skate America?" and 2 of Grandma Margaret's dead plants? Barf.... And my favorite, a random box of kleenex that didnt fit in anywhere.

Fans spend more money and effort on their fan signs than USFSA puts down for the background sign.

I don't understand. It feels like USFSA has NO pride.

NHK goes all out. Colorful, well designed. SKAM looks like they took whatever didn't sell at Big Lots. lol

I have no design genes in me but I could do sooo much better without spending more than $50. LOL

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Am I the only one that picked just one each of chapstick, credit card case, sunglasses and a Boeing 'neckband'?

Colleen

Am I the only one that picked just one each of chapstick, credit card case, sunglasses and a Boeing 'neckband'?

Nope - I didn't even see the chapstick which would have been useful, skipped the sunglasses and credit card case. Did get a set of travel size plastic bottles on Friday night.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

LOL

OK, I say this every year.. I despise and am embarrassed by Skate America's CHEAP-ass Kiss & Cry area... Last years was tacky and grandma and this year has no effort. A cheap, wrinkled plastic sheet that says "Skate America?" and 2 of Grandma Margaret's dead plants? Barf.... And my favorite, a random box of kleenex that didnt fit in anywhere.

Fans spend more money and effort on their fan signs than USFSA puts down for the background sign.

NHK goes all out. Colorful, well designed. SKAM looks like they took whatever didn't sell at Big Lots. lol

I have no design genes in me but I could do sooo much better without spending more than $50. LOL

I liked the years Cup O' Noodles had a car parked by the Kiss & Cry. Maybe it was for the skaters so ashamed of their performance, that they could jump in and make a quick getaway.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

LOL

Maybe next year US SKATING can petition to have the competition in spotlights to hide all of the empty arena seats. :-(

sk9tingfan

The lower bowl seemed mostly full in Everett and the audience certainly was enthusiastic for the skaters. I enjoyed myself again this year and meeting FSUers, both old and new, was fun. :)
Great to have seen you there! Also, one of the best FOFS breakfasts ever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information