Sasha Cohen marriage

Japanfan

Tell that to the skaters' families killed in that plane crash that allowed a very young neophyte by the name of Peggy Fleming to accomplish all she did sooner rather than a lot later!

I think that Peggy would have preferred to accomplish all she did later, if it meant that 72 people did not die. Only someone as insensitive as you seem to be would construe the situation in terms of benefit rather tragedy.

fgrsk8ingfan

The first time I saw this thread it seemed a weird speculation but now seeing her last instagram photos I am almost sure it is true. On the other hand it seems she is having a great time, she always has the best taste on travels.
Agreed. People are saying how "normal" it is to not wear your wedding ring. I'm not sure how that's normal especially someone who was just married not too long ago. And she never wears it in any of her pictures, that to me is definitely not normal. No mention of him or pictures of him on her many travels. Plus was on vacation with Lysacek not too long ago. She's gonna post pics of Evan but not her husband? Doubt that.

chapis

Agreed. People are saying how "normal" it is to not wear your wedding ring. I'm not sure how that's normal especially someone who was just married not too long ago. And she never wears it in any of her pictures, that to me is definitely not normal. No mention of him or pictures of him on her many travels. Plus was on vacation with Lysacek not too long ago. She's gonna post pics of Evan but not her husband? Doubt that.

Where I live the ring is not very important, so that did not catch my attention, but I follow her account since forever and she was similar to Tara, she loved mention him and show him in the pictures, they traveled together and he was always in the pictures, and same with her previous boyfriend, and now she is spending holidays in Africa and not even one mention of him, weird.

kittyjake5

Sasha, Sasha, Sasha!!!!!!!!! Isn't this a MK spot stealing thread, oh wait a minute my bad, it is a Sasha thread.

Does anyone know what Sasha is doing professionally now?

Sylvia

TBD
Does anyone know what Sasha is doing professionally now?
Her current job involves "disruptive research in financial services" -- link to her Ice Talk podcast interview in November is posted in this GSD thread: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/sasha-cohen-on-ice-talk-podcast-facebook-live.102314/
If you want to watch a replay of the FB Live video, it starts after the 15-minute mark.

ETA: I thought it was a good interview and worth a listen. However, if you are only looking for an update on the status of her marriage, you will be disappointed. :p

Last edited:

Fiero425

I think that Peggy would have preferred to accomplish all she did later, if it meant that 72 people did not die. Only someone as insensitive as you seem to be would construe the situation in terms of benefit rather tragedy.

It's a shame a few of you can't read! A real shame! I'm embarrassed for you to keep this crap up! :wall: :COP: :kickass: :revenge:

soogar

Interesting- I didn't assume that there was anything wrong with her marriage but I think that perhaps her husband prefers his privacy. Isn't he a financial manager or something like that. Many of them keep a low profile and conservative image for clients and the nature of their work. He probably works a lot as well and doesn't have time for tons of vacations and travel. They went on an epic honeymoon; wouldn't be surprised if he had to return to the grind.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Agreed. People are saying how "normal" it is to not wear your wedding ring. I'm not sure how that's normal

Judgmental much?

Many married people don't wear their wedding rings. Some people just don't like wearing rings. Some people find their rings uncomfortable and so they only wear their rings on special occasions. Some people don't want to have to worry about losing their rings or getting robbed, so they don't wear them if they're traveling or going somewhere that might not be safe. Not wearing their rings 24/7 doesn't mean they love their spouse any less, or that their relationship is in trouble.

Japanfan

Many married people don't wear their wedding rings. Some people just don't like wearing rings. Some people find their rings uncomfortable and so they only wear their rings on special occasions. Some people don't want to have to worry about losing their rings or getting robbed, so they don't wear them if they're traveling or going somewhere that might not be safe. Not wearing their rings 24/7 doesn't mean they love their spouse any less, or that their relationship is in trouble.

I'm allergic to my ring, and break out in a rash almost immediately when I put it on.

Also, I've realized that diamonds really don't suit me. The ring is a beautiful platinum gold heirloom, but I don't feel like wearing it is really 'me'.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Surrounded by G.D. comediennes!!!! - :rolleyes: :40beers: :wall: :duh: :kickass: :respec: :revenge:
So sorry to see you fuming with all these emoticons and they seem to be all mixed up or is that mixed emotions or something? Let's see now ... there's the roll eyes emoticon, the 40 beers emoticon, the bang your head emoticon, the duh emoticon, the kick butt emoticon, the respect emoticon and revenge on annoying fan emoticon.

It must be so frustrating and confusing when dealing with all of us women or at least maybe you're assuming it's all women here. Here. Why don't you try this when you get the mixed up emoticon feeling ... Breathing Methods. Breathe slowly in and out, relax and you'll feel all that anxiety and aggravation just dissipate into thin air when you breathe out.

Hope it helps some.

Last edited:

bardtoob

Why are you assuming that everyone posting here is female?

"We control their chromosomes. It’s really not that difficult. All vertebrate embryos are inherently female anyway, they just require an extra hormone given at the right developmental stage to make them male. We simply deny them that."

... Oh, wait. That's Henry Wu, the geneticist in Jurassic Park. Never mind :shuffle: ... :lol:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
It's just an example of what "could" or couldn't have happened due to a spot being open or not! Peggy's life was changed due to that tragedy! She would have been lucky to skate in the subsequent Olympics and Worlds all due to that plane crash! I think all those skaters waiting in the wings might have had more successful careers if not for MK just hanging on like a vampire, sucking the life out of the fans unnecessarily! She was rich, popular, with a resume unmatched! Those last few years was her just taking up a spot as far as I was concerned! Just my opinion due to the history I've noted already! :rolleyes: :duh:

That spot was not Given to MK. She earned it by skating well when it counted. If others wanted that spot, they just had to skate better than her. It's not her fault that they couldn't seize the opportunity.

becca

If Sasha gets divorced, the news will come out when she wants the world to know she is single again. I would assume she is married till she says otherwise.

Not everyone wants their face everywhere on social media. Maybe the hubby is there but didn't want to be part of the pictures.

Fiero425

That spot was not Given to MK. She earned it by skating well when it counted. If others wanted that spot, they just had to skate better than her. It's not her fault that they couldn't seize the opportunity.

No doubt about it; with a little aura and legend behind her! The same goes on in tennis; certain players "own" another one no matter the circumstances! The great Rod Laver is without a doubt "The GOAT" in my book since he won 2 Calendar Year Grand Slams (AO, Wimbledon, FO, & USO); once as an amateur in'62, then again as a pro in '69 after Open tennis came into existence in late '68! He was pretty much done by '74, but he was wily enough to continue giving some players heartburn just by showing up; getting all that love from the crowd! Even if he didn't win, he could soften up the best of them like Bjorn Borg at the WCT Championships of '75 in Houston! In the semi-final Borg was taken to the limit going 5 long sets against him! By the next day against Ashe he was toast, the Swede having a tough time; his legs gone! Borg ran out of gas early and it was painful to watch him trying to run down drop shots and being maneuvered around the court with "no legs left!" If Laver had gotten through, he probably would have won because Ashe was such a head case against the old guy! Laver's last real chance to win was back in '72 losing in 5 to Ken Rosewall! History was changed for all concerned! Being a fan of "Doctor Who," it comes to mind what could have been if not for a moment in time! :rolleyes: :COP: :scream:

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
Fiero425 said:
No doubt about it; with a little aura and legend behind her!

And you know something, Michelle didn't go out and play tiddlywinks and hopscotch to become the legend she was and still is. If that's all it took, then everyone of the skaters would be a legend. It took hours upon hours of practice, dedication, sacrifice and so much more to achieve what she accomplished in life. It also took a heart of unselfishness and sportsmanship to become the legend she is.

Michelle didn't own anyone as you put it, and she sure didn't own the judges when she won Silver at the 1998 Olympics and a Bronze Medal at the 2002 Olympics. If the other skaters couldn't seize the opportunity, it was of their own doing. They had the opportunity to get out there and compete just like Michelle did. Michelle wasn't given anything because of her aura and being a legend. She worked for it, and all that hard work and dedication is what made her become the legend she is. I don't think she ever played tiddlywinks and hopscotch on the ice.

Instead, she was busy doing unselfish and generous things like this which came from her heart.

My Wish: Michelle Kwan Skates with Danielle

And by no means did Michelle Kwan win Gold at 2003 Worlds because she was showing her aura and being a legend. She won the Gold Medal and was on the podium because she got out there and did the best she possibly could. And that took dedication, determination and hard work that didn't include playing tiddlywinks and hopscotch on the ice.

2003 Worlds - Michelle Kwan's LP

2003 Worlds - Michelle in the K&C

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information