Russian women news & updates, 2021-22 season

Status
Not open for further replies.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Sofia Muravieva learned and landed 3A
I was hoping to find a clip of Sofia Muravyeva practicing her 4sal. I know I saw her attempt and land one in practice at some point. So in addition to 3axel she can/will do 4sal.

There are getting to be too many Sofias!!! Akatyeva, Samodelkina, Muravyeva, Titova all have 4salchows. I can't think of any other Sofia, well, except Samodurova but she's lucky to fully rotate her 2axel. Any other future superstar Sofias coming down the pike?

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
I am sticking with my original three for the Olympic team, Maiia & Sasha & Kamilla .. wasnt a popular choice when I made it but now more seem to jumping aboard. Injuries could of course derail the train so l will have Elizaveta prepped.

Scott512

I am sticking with my original three for the Olympic team, Maiia & Sasha & Kamilla .. wasnt a popular choice when I made it but now more seem to jumping aboard. Injuries could of course derail the train so l will have Elizaveta prepped.
Very possible. But you forgot the 3 time 3 time 3 time Russian national champion and the current world champion and the most clutch Russian skater since Zhenya.

I think Anna has the edge on Maya. But if Maya beats her again...

A lot will be decided at nationals hopefully all the top girls are healthy then. And the top pair's teams and the top dance teams. Something does not seem right for the Russian skaters early in the season. They need to be stronger by nationals and then Europeans.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I’m watching Russia TV’s morning show as I type this. Showing lots of footage of yesterday’s practices from Turin, with Eteri and DaniG by the boards (holding the lucky toys, LOL). The Anna-Maiia “battle” is really being drummed up as the main event. Many ultra-C elements will be tried by both skaters. I’m all in...but have to attend a darn work Zoom meeting as it starts...will have to be crafty with muting and turning off camera, ROTFL!

dds262

And your point is....
I’m watching Russia TV’s morning show as I type this. Showing lots of footage of yesterday’s practices from Turin, with Eteri and DaniG by the boards (holding the lucky toys, LOL). The Anna-Maiia “battle” is really being drummed up as the main event. Many ultra-C elements will be tried by both skaters. I’m all in...but have to attend a darn work Zoom meeting as it starts...will have to be crafty with muting and turning off camera, ROTFL!
set up your laptop splitscreen - so they will at least think you are looking at them!

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Shcherbakova stakes to win are high here and IDF
it will determine the fate of La Tuk, If stepsister wins again, Tuk can thank Kromykh

Scott512

Shcherbakova stakes to win are high here and IDF
it will determine the fate of La Tuk, If stepsister wins again, Tuk can thank Kromykh
Even if Anna does not win gold at either of her Grand Prix events or the Grand Prix final if she wins nationals or finishes 2nd which is a distinct possibility and she's so clutch then she goes to the Olympics. This event is even more important for Maya than Anya. We know what Anna is we have to figure out what Maya is.

Good luck to both girls plus Sofia today.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
Valaiva > Tuk > Trusova ? > Kromykh/Shcherbakova/Kostornaya > Usacheva

Looks like Krmoykh will be Tuks biggest competitor for that spot.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I just watched the SP. Although Maiia landed her jumps, she looks akward to me. Many other women have mature movements. Loena is also tall but she looks so much more mature. Maia was overmarked, IMO. In a couple years she could become a very elegant skater, like Carolina Kostner, but right now she is an awkward 15 year old.

Sofia had a poor showing. In any case she really has no chance at the Olympics.

I was shocked to see Anna make a mistake (doubled the second jump of her combinatio). she has lovely artistry. That combined, with her BOW she is still in the game. She may not win the GPs but she is capable of winning the big competitions.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I just watched the SP. Although Maiia landed her jumps, she looks akward to me. Many other women have mature movements. Loena is also tall but she looks so much more mature. Maia was overmarked, IMO. In a couple years she could become a very elegant skater, like Carolina Kostner, but right now she is an awkward 15 year old.

I was shocked to see Anna make a mistake (doubled the second jump of her combinatio). she has lovely artistry. That combined, with her BOW she is still in the game. She may not win the GPs but she is capable of winning the big competitions.
3 points difference is SP is winnable but her stocks are plummeting fast against Valieva.
Scehrbakova might end up fighting for the last spot with Trusova if she doesnt clean up like these small/fluke mistakes.

right now Tuk can breathe (I will agree with TSL and others for now she is No.2) and maybe Kostornaya can seize these opportunity.

If Anna loses to Kromykh and Loena tomorrow, she will be basically in the same level as Kostornaya, at least Alena sold her SP Program the FS is still a long way to go. The RUSFed does not care if you are the reigning World Champion. Ask Tuk.

Last edited:

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
That dd!ng work thing....always intruding in my life!:

annie_mg

I thought Maiia did a pretty good job for a 15-year-old. Yes she looks awkward at times (she's also very tall and might still be adjusting to her new height) but for her age she's impressive. Remember, Anna's been around for much longer despite being so young. For what it's worth, also find Valieva to be very awkward at times, even more so than Maiia. She's got longer arms too. Also a 15-year-old!

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I thought Maiia did a pretty good job for a 15-year-old. Yes she looks awkward at times (she's also very tall and might still be adjusting to her new height) but for her age she's impressive. Remember, Anna's been around for much longer despite being so young. For what it's worth, also find Valieva to be very awkward at times, even more so than Maiia. She's got longer arms too. Also a 15-year-old!
Anna was artistic even 2-3 years ago (and I think she is listed now at 17 or 18?). I don't find Valieva that awkward but Maiia does Look like she needs some development.

When the judges mark, they don't think "for a 15 year old she is good; or if she was not this tall she will....." They have to only mark what they see. I am not saying she will always be like this. She will develop, but as of today she looks awkward. I thought she was slightly overmarked.

I didn't get to watch Mihara's performance, but if Mai skated clean (like at SC) she May have been marked too low.

Some 15 year olds look mature in their presentation for their age.

euterpe

Mai did skate clean and got a higher score than she did at SC, but the two Eteri skaters, Hendrickx and Miyahara all got marked higher. I was surprised about Satoko's marks, because I thought her opening 3z was under as well as the 3t (which was marked <).

WOULDACOULDARETURNS

Mai did skate clean and got a higher score than she did at SC, but the two Eteri skaters, Hendrickx and Miyahara all got marked higher. I was surprised about Satoko's marks, because I thought her opening 3z was under as well as the 3t (which was marked <).
I love Satoko, and I agree about the jumps being under. I would still like to see her make the team.

Flora

Maia seems to improve significantly every few months or so. She's at that age where she's taking major steps forward on a regular basis.
Just watched her sp and cannot believe how bad her blade assist is on the lutz. She should work on it. It could be something that comes back to haunt her in the future should the isu choose to address it (and they should!).

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Could the impossible happen today? Can a country other than Russia win one of the Sr G-P events...with Eteri and DaniG watching on??? I’m preparing for quite a morning of Peacock-watching at home. First some delicious pancakes...coffee is brewing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information