Russian figure skating news in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
It seems totally political. Ok, Tutberidze - can understand, the gold/silver of the last 2 Olympics is hers. Why TAT all of the sudden? Why not in 1998? Why not in 2002? And if TAT or Tutuberidze for the Olys' medals - why not Moskvina? And if Gleikhengauze - why not Dudakov?
Zhulin - I mean as an ex husband of the current wife of putin's spokesman he of course deserves an order of distinction.

caseyedwards

It seems totally political. Ok, Tutberidze - can understand, the gold/silver of the last 2 Olympics is hers. Why TAT all of the sudden? Why not in 1998? Why not in 2002? And if TAT or Tutuberidze for the Olys' medals - why not Moskvina? And if Gleikhengauze - why not Dudakov?
Zhulin - I mean as an ex husband of the current wife of putin's spokesman he of course deserves an order of distinction.
Maybe because she’s getting on in years and how much longer really is left but it seems like she’s going to live forever

Dobre

Thou shalt not compare scores from different dance competitions.

Particularly not when a. next to none of the same athletes are competing and b. we don't yet know how scoring will run for a new season with new requirements.

I mean a virtual tie with the Browns in the RD and eleven points over an FD by the Browns that included a fall on the footwork tells us not much. It was important for all the teams that went to Lake Placid to get out there. Davis & Smolkin needed to attend because they've been out a season and really need to be ready for the Challenger series. The CS and senior Bs may be all they have before Europeans & if they want even a chance of changing that, they have to try to win an early CS. Hence, they've got to be ready before the CS.

If we see D&S go up head-to-head against Taschlerova & Taschler, Turkkila & Versuis, Lopareva & Brissaud, Carreira & Ponomarenko, Reed & Ambrulevicious, Green & Parsons, or Lajoie & Lagha that will tell us something.

That score at LPIDI would have beat CarPon for 10th in Saitama. Another 2 points would have beat TurkVer and 5.5 would have had them ahead of the Taschlers.
All teams that were behind Davis & Smolkin during their last season. If D&S drop behind any of them, it may well mean no top 10. Smart & Dieck, I'm guessing, are likely to have a learning season. But Canada has a 3rd berth and Lajoie & Lagha + Hawayek & Baker could well push down the teams in the top ten a couple spots. (And that's not counting Stepanova & Bukin if the ban gets lifted). That would make the Taschlers and/or Turkkila & Versluis the bellweather teams for the top 10. I'd hypothesize you've got to defeat both.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Davis & Smolkin needed to attend because they've been out a season and really need to be ready for the Challenger series. The CS and senior Bs may be all they have before Europeans & if they want even a chance of changing that, they have to try to win an early CS. Hence, they've got to be ready before the CS.

If we see D&S go up head-to-head against Taschlerova & Taschler, Turkkila & Versuis, Lopareva & Brissaud, Carreira & Ponomarenko, Reed & Ambrulevicious, Green & Parsons, or Lajoie & Lagha that will tell us something.
I'm not sure winning an early CS is all that likely... GuiFab have already announced they're starting their season at Lombardia and surely at least one or two of GilPoir, FBSoer or LajLag will debut at Autumn Classic. Chances are good that a couple more top 5-6 teams will choose Nebelhorn for their debut and we can expect TurkVer (and probably at least a couple top IAM teams) at Finlandia. Nepela Trophy might be the best shot for DavSmo to win an early CS. I think the chances of winning somewhere like Warsaw Cup again are much higher and any of the pre-GP CS events.

Dobre

I wasn't aware there was a Georgian News thread. Feel free to copy & move the conversation again if you'd like;).

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Alina Gorbacheva, the Russian national junior champion, went missing. It was said that she ran off after a fight with her coach. But she's been found safe.

On My Own

How many would even believe that though?

Literally looks like she's at the "blink twice if you need help" stage. (ETA: the post, via google translate, seems to have a sentence saying "don't believe the media and bloggers", so yeah, probably not written by Gorbacheva herself)

Also...

Can someone just snatch his VPN away?

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
How many would even believe that though?

Literally looks like she's at the "blink twice if you need help" stage. (ETA: the post, via google translate, seems to have a sentence saying "don't believe the media and bloggers", so yeah, probably not written by Gorbacheva herself)

Also...

Can someone just snatch his VPN away?
What’s the big deal with Yagudin…because she craved a pastry? Наслаждайтесь своим тортом! 🍰

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information