Pasechnik/Nekrasov
Prokopets/Vaskovich
Stepanova/Bukin
Havronina/Narizhnyj
Khudaberdieva/Bazin
Shanaeva/Drozd
Shevchenko/Ezhlov

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Good Lord... I feel like Russian pairs and dance over the last 2 yesrs have played partner-swap roulette more than the US or Canadian teams combined, lol.

Karen-W

Aaaaaand...Kaganovskaya and Angelopol broke up :wuzrobbed:
Only when I found interest in Ice Dance again...**** it, I am done with Dance!
God - the Canadian troll is going to never shut up about this because it's been saying this team wouldn't last for a couple years now. :wuzrobbed

Bigbird

God - the Canadian troll is going to never shut up about this because it's been saying this team wouldn't last for a couple years now. :wuzrobbed
Too much hype too soon...plus it was clear to see that physically they had outgrown each other....Russian boys tend to be small to average and compact....it just is what it is...

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Aaaaaand...Kaganovskaya and Angelopol broke up :wuzrobbed:
Only when I found interest in Ice Dance again...**** it, I am done with Dance!
I was afraid she was getting too tall for him. :( I hope he finds another worthy partner ASAP.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Too much hype too soon...plus it was clear to see that physically they had outgrown each other....Russian boys tend to be small to average and compact....it just is what it is...
I don't think this is the reason...their programs were ready, they were assigned to the Russian test skates etc.
I think it may have to do something with Valeriy being a bit "too" open on social media and feeding the trolls with private information.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
On a more pleasant note: Kolyada has issued another post on dzen about the kittens he rescued recently and keeps his followers up-to-date as to how they are growing up in their forever homes.
He and his wife kept one kitten for themselves and it is going to move to Daria's parents in Lipetsk.
If you like cute kitty pics, then this is for you: https://dzen.ru/a/ZPBluf7b8FSSRVtf

Bigbird

I don't think this is the reason...their programs were ready, they were assigned to the Russian test skates etc.
I think it may have to do something with Valeriy being a bit "too" open on social media and feeding the trolls with private information.
..and that was a reason to throw away so much? He said nothing that wasn't clearly obvious??? Too much emitions...but that being said they had outgrown each other.. continuing with their difficult content would not be sustainable...Krylova, IMHO,...is largely at fault in that....hoping they find good partners...both.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Angelopol has said that "as a real man" he will not disclose any details about this break-up and he is also talking about a (verbal) fight.
He refers to Vasilisa and Krylova as "former partner" and "former coach" and says that if they want to speak up about it, it will be their decision.

Sounds to me like he got kicked out or decided to leave the entire group altogether. https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/...sta&utm_medium=figure&utm_campaign=2023-08-31

ETA: According to Vaitsekhovskaya, Vasilisa and Valeriy have been at odds with one another for quite some time and probably Krylova has had enough of playing kindergarten teacher with them, especially with Morozov/Eremenko in her group now who are really set on competing and working together: https://m.sports.ru/figure-skating/...sta&utm_medium=figure&utm_campaign=2023-08-31

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Krylova has commented on the break-up now:
  • K/A had conflicts over the summer
  • they were getting ready for the test skates
  • the break-up was Valeriy's decision
  • he will no longer skate in her group
  • Vasilisa is looking for a new partner

I hope Angelopol knows what he is doing. A couple of days ago he did a live stream on IG, talked about the new programs and how the costumes are getting ready etc.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
I am extremely disappointed in Valeriy. I never thought he'd turn out to be Katsalapov 2.0 in terms of douchebag-ness.

His antics on social media have been strange the last couple of weeks and I feel he was more into promoting his own fashion line and giving in to the trolls who kept shipping him and Vasilisa.
He said in a live video on IG that he and Vasilisa had dated for 3 months in 2022 and that it was very difficult for him when she ended the relationship in summer 2022.
He's had a ton of girlfriends since then and since everybody knows that his current gf is also an ice dancer, Polina Usova, crazy fans have started to write nasty comments because they wanted K and A to be together off-ice as well.

All of this screams "immaturity" to me.

This contract looks quite strange. She only posted a part of it but it was about money spent on everything skating-related, but I don't know what he wanted to get through with. Maybe to have her pay for all of his expenses? Some compensation? That would be absolutely sick.

ETA: Yep, looks like it: https://fs-gossips.com/valera-broug...-provision-for-him-vasilisa-kaganovskaia-com/

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Dude's got some nerve trying to make his partner sign a contract! Sounds like she's better off without him.
Especially considering that actually HE is the one who comes from a rather well-off background (his mother has her own business and his dad is a chief IT dude at some of the most prestigious Moscow hotels) and he STILL wanted her to pay for all of HIS figure skating-related expenses.
What an asshole.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Russian ice dance really is the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to trashy, soapy drama. Too bad they don't seem to be able to back that up on the ice with their actual skating.
Yeah, Russian figure skaters never fail to disappoint during the off-season. First the Gorbacheva-story, now this super messy break-up of the most promising team they've had in ages, what else do they have on their bingo cards?

Vagabond

Russian ice dance really is the gift that keeps on giving when it comes to trashy, soapy drama. Too bad they don't seem to be able to back that up on the ice with their actual skating.
Let's not get carried away here. These skaters are stuck in their own little world and may never get the chance to compete internationally. :yawn:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Heh. From what I'm reading, it sounds like he quite enjoyed having the avid social media following that they had. Well, now he gets to know what it's like to have a whole fandom turn its wrath on you. Good luck with that, kiddo.

Karen-W

Heh. From what I'm reading, it sounds like he quite enjoyed having the avid social media following that they had. Well, now he gets to know what it's like to have a whole fandom turn its wrath on you. Good luck with that, kiddo.
Well, you know how invincible teens, especially teenage boys, believe themselves to be, lol.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
He used to be pleasant on social media etc., but he has taken a turn lately and become sort of arrogant and as I've already said, started feeding the trolls.

I wonder who might become Vasilisa's new partner. Cirisano is skating with a Czech girl now, he could've been an option. Who else is free?

Also props to Krylova who had Vasilisa's back in this shitshow, considering Valeriy is the nephew of her former partner. I guess Valera thought he was safe because of that and that he would stay with Krylova anyway (it was always his dream to skate in her group). Sisters before misters, yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information