Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mafke

CAS started it by letting her skate the individual portion. Her age was their excuse for pandering to Bach and Russia.
IOC official: I'm sorry the result came back positive, your skater is disqualified
Team representative: But... his eyes.... they're hazel! Do you understand???? Hazel eyes!!!! how can you do this?????? We have to be very careful in this case because hazel! eyes!!!!!!!

Would make just as much sense.

coppertop1

Now, they're trying to deflect by pointing to Carolina Kostner and Jessica Calalann. Um, guess what? Both have served their penalties. Valieva and perhaps more. importantly, Tutberidze haven't 🙄. They really don't understand that deflecting and whataboutisms just make them look even more guilty

Colonel Green

So young competitors are free to dope? Or federations can change the rules as they go along if they have young comeptitiors?

Another reason to raise the minimum age of competitors.

But how did her age mean they couldn't disqualify her and have the ceremony and figure out everything later?
Basically, CAS warped the meaning of the language of the "protected person" provision in its initial decision to allow Valieva to compete, which WADA never intended to be used that way.

Willin

Now, they're trying to deflect by pointing to Carolina Kostner and Jessica Calalann. Um, guess what? Both have served their penalties. Valieva and perhaps more. importantly, Tutberidze haven't 🙄. They really don't understand that deflecting and whataboutisms just make them look even more guilty
This is extra dumb because neither Kostner or Calalang actually doped. Kostner was punished for covering for her boyfriend's doping (still not great, but not her) and Jessica Calalang had a false positive.

skatingguy

decently
This is extra dumb because neither Kostner or Calalang actually doped. Kostner was punished for covering for her boyfriend's doping (still not great, but not her) and Jessica Calalang had a false positive.
Slight correction: Calalang tested positive for a metabolite of a banned substance. It's just that in her case the metabolite was the result of innocuous substance in her make-up, and not a banned performance enhancing substance. As a result of her case, and a few others, the allowable limit of the metabolite was raised so as not to result in sanctions against athletes who have done nothing wrong. Her test result was not a false positive.

coppertop1

It's like when they whine about Simone Biles. They're not even good at deflecting. If you're going to try to deflect, use cases that are actually similar.

VGThuy

I wonder what's happening.
They extended their Winter-New Years holidays.

They're also probably writing five different versions of each possible decision that could be made in this matter, and trying to figure out which one would piss off the invested monied party that they care about the most and pick the opposite one... and need more time to determine which invested monied party it is that they care about the most and/or will most likely care about the most in the future... and also which party they can piss off but nothing major will happen if they do.

Last edited:

karmena

I am speechless... However, Katsalapov- and most if not all of Russian skaters- are products, fruits of ceaseless and subtle and not so subtle propaganda machine. And they believe what they do say. it is not that they only repeat what is told/brainwashed into them, no- they believe. And that is the most terrible misery in all this.

Last edited:

VGThuy

And today's award for Shameless Gaslighting goes to Katsalapov. :rolleyes:

I want all the teams to get their well-deserved medals too. IMO, the Russian Olympic Committee athletes deserve a special honorary platinum medal for the team competition given by the Russian Sports Ministry at home and nothing less than that. They're better than mere Olympic medals, so the other teams should get those instead.

Vagabond

I want all the teams to get their well-deserved medals too. IMO, the Russian Olympic Committee athletes deserve a special honorary platinum medal for the team competition given by the Russian Sports Ministry at home and nothing less than that. They're better than mere Olympic medals, so the other teams should get those instead.
I'd suggest making those medals out of trimetazidine instead of platinum, but yeah.... :grandpa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information