Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
On what "limited grounds" can they appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal within 30 days? Is this highly likely to be final?

I guess this means it's all but certain that the US has won Olympic gold! :cheer: :cheer2: Does Canada move to bronze, or does Russia keep bronze because they had enough points even with zeros for Valieva?

Orm Irian

So if I am reading it right her 4 year ban started December 25, 2021 so is over December 25, 2025 so she could in theory complete at next winter Olympics.

And the decision for the team medals was not in the scope of this investigation and up to the relevant sports organisation to decide. So now it's in the hands of the ISU :lol:
It's in the hands of the IOC as much as the ISU. And if you think she'll still be around in top competitive form for the 2026 Olympics, I have a bridge in Sydney Harbour to sell you.

honey

On what "limited grounds" can they appeal to the Swiss Federal Tribunal within 30 days? Is this highly likely to be final?

I guess this means it's all but certain that the US has won Olympic gold! :cheer: :cheer2: Does Canada move to bronze, or does Russia keep bronze because they had enough points even with zeros for Valieva?
I think the math would be that if they gave Valieva 0s and did not redistribute the points in the women’s event, then Russia keeps bronze. But IMO, the logic should be that if she is disqualified, everyone else moves up one place in the women and Canada would get the bronze then. But it’s up the ISU to decide how this will go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information