Russian Figure Skater tests positive for drugs - delays ceremony for team medals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
How is this a YMMV when the literal caption on said post is ‘Just broke some news…’? Your mileage varies, I think.

Because I saw it on her Instagram stories without that caption but thanks SO MUCH for bringing that to my attention so incredibly politely and not in a condescending way at all.

Habs

A bitch from Canada
Because I saw it on her Instagram stories without that caption but thanks SO MUCH for bringing that to my attention so incredibly politely and not in a condescending way at all.
Okay, I’m sorry @tony. I just reread that and I apologize. I have some things going on and have had an incredibly hard day. I may have overreacted. Just a bit.
But I stand by that her Instagram story that I saw didn’t match the post you saw. ;)

On My Own

I hope the US team's campaigning pays off, but IDK if anything good's going to come out of this.

It's stunning how Japan's said zero through all of this. We can pretend all we want it's some teeny tiny fed which will get attacked or whatever, but they were of no help.
Lmao. Never change, Brennan. She just asked Jason a question about the impending CAS decision during the US Men's SP press conference. I suppose she hasn't been able to corner ChoBat yet.
Please campaign for a new fs-staple journalist.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I hope the US team's campaigning pays off, but IDK if anything good's going to come out of this.

It's stunning how Japan's said zero through all of this. We can pretend all we want it's some teeny tiny fed which will get attacked or whatever, but they were of no help.

Please campaign for a new fs-staple journalist.
Scores of journalists have been laid off this month from big outlets like the LA Times and what’s left of Sports Illustrated. You think anyone is looking for someone to cover figure skating when big papers are closing their Washington bureaus in an election year?

On My Own

You think anyone is looking for someone to cover figure skating when big papers are closing their Washington bureaus in an election year?
You might want to explain why this is happening in PI.

But since this is the sassy soundbite section of the forum, I'll say I'd literally rather take Ashley Wagner's sassy soundbites covering US Figure Skating.

neu

Many of you like to bitch about Brennan but she is the only one who is trying to expose abuse issues in figure skating, and for that I’m very grateful.
I remember Brennan bitching about why deaf Russian girl doesn't answer questions Brennan was asking in English language.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I remember Brennan bitching about why deaf Russian girl doesn't answer questions Brennan was asking in English language.
I’m sure you do. It was not one of her finer moments. But she’s done stellar coverage of the Valieva doping case as well as sexual abuse cases here. Not that that will improve her in your world, of course.

And btw Diana herself said her hearing loss is not serious and has been exaggerated.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Brennan is very Jekyll and Hyde for me. She's done incredibly valuable work on the sexual abuse cases and the doping case, and I will forever appreciate that. On the other hand, she says outrageously inappropriate things to and about the skaters. She can be a raging hypocrite, too.

Such is life. Few of us are all good or all bad.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
As the person who brought it up before in the thread, I do think Brennan should be praised for her coverage of sexual abuse in the sport.
I’m sure that Dave Lease/TSL will have the key interview with Brennan on Monday (or soon after their US Natls recap)!

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
But you know that they’ll get her on TSL soon…along with Hersh and Maya.
Oh, for sure. She just won't be on TSL first after the verdict comes down. She'll be on CNN and other major networks before she goes on TSL later in the week. ;)

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I hope some info leaks early I need to know how bitter I'm going to be through 4ccs
Eh... I don't want it to be leaked early - that would mean today or tomorrow and I'd rather be focused on US Nats the next two days.

I do want it to be released as early as possible on Monday morning so that I have a few hours to digest and rage about whatever bull CAS hands us before work. Switzerland is 9 hours ahead of the West Coast, so sometime around 5am PT (which is 2pm Swiss Time) would be ideal.

Frau Muller

Oh, for sure. She just won't be on TSL first after the verdict comes down. She'll be on CNN and other major networks before she goes on TSL later in the week. ;)
She’ll be camping out at CNN and NBC on Monday morning, about the time that the TODAY Show interviews the Nationals winners…at about 8:00 AM EST on Monday morning, I bet.

There should be cameras in front of the homes of all 2022 US Team Event skaters.

puglover

So if I approach this announcement with the lowest expectations possible, do you think I will be less disappointed if this goes the way I think it will?

Frau Muller

So if I approach this announcement with the lowest expectations possible, do you think I will be less disappointed if this goes the way I think it will?
I can’t imagine how the Lowest Expectation Possible could happen.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I've been very disappointed in the Japanese fed during this whole saga. Leaving the US to fight this alone has just allowed Russia to take free shot after free shot about the West and Americans and blah blah. Japan coming in and joining the US in this argument would have strengthened their position.

On My Own

I've been very disappointed in the Japanese fed during this whole saga. Leaving the US to fight this alone has just allowed Russia to take free shot after free shot about the West and Americans and blah blah. Japan coming in and joining the US in this argument would have strengthened their position.
You would think especially with Vincent even having a Japanese coach and sponsor they would do something, but apparently not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information