Royalty Thread #7: Do They Get Frequent Flier Miles?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simone411

To Boldly Explore Figure Skating Around The World
I just have to say my guess on the name, and I'm more than likely wrong. For some reason since yesterday, I've had the name Edward on my mind. So I'm going with Edward Alexander. I know it's a long shot, but why not! (y)

Lorac

I just have to say my guess on the name, and I'm more than likely wrong. For some reason since yesterday, I've had the name Edward on my mind. So I'm going with Edward Alexander. I know it's a long shot, but why not! (y)

Alexander is one of the names of Prince George - George Alexander Louis to be precise - so I very much doubt it will be reused. Edward is the name of William's Uncle - the Earl of Wessex - so I suspect that won't be picked either.

I'm going with Phillip :)

I agree that Phillip could be one of the new babies names along with Michael. Frederick or Arthur are my choicdes for first name!! But I'm probably totally wrong :)

PDilemma

Leopold Michael Phillip, called Leo.

Or something out of the box like David or Patrick which have been used as middle names on the family tree.

Older names on the family tree not used in recent times: Leopold, Christian, Maurice, Alfred, Arthur, Albert, Augustus, John

They have tended in recent generations (aside from the Queen and her mother) to not repeat the names of living family members as first names, so I think that means no Edward or James.

skatefan

Home in England
I'd love the name to be Philip- I think that would make both the Queen and Prince Philip very happy, but two Prince Philips? not so sure they'd go for that, although he is commonly referred to as the Duke of Edinburgh.

avivadawn

Hoping for either Frederick or Arthur as first name.

I think that Arthur and/or Philip will be among the names.

Why?

George had one of his Father's middle names in his name, Charlotte had her Mother's. Phillip and Arthur are the two middle names of William not yet used.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Hoping for either Frederick or Arthur as first name.

I think that Arthur and/or Philip will be among the names.

Why?

George had one of his Father's middle names in his name, Charlotte had her Mother's. Phillip and Arthur are the two middle names of William not yet used.

I've been thinking it will be Arthur. We'll see.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I guess Arthur has romantic connotations, but I keep thinking that's the name of the first born son of Henry VII, who died at age 15 while his father was still king, resulting in his brother the Duke of York becoming king instead - Henry VIII.

Philip also seems to be a bit of jinx, no? With Great Grandad old and ailing, is it appropriate to name your child after him? Wonderful legacy, so maybe, but maybe premature too? I see it as one of the middle names.

I wonder about Francis - there are quite a few Francis/Frances on both sides of the family.

PDilemma

I think it was a couple of days with both - that did surprised people as it took a week for William to be named publicly. They probably have a name or 2 in mind but will also follow tradition again and let the Queen know before making the name public.
I would be really surprised if they name the new Prince Alexander as that is one of Prince George's middle names and it would be a little weird IMO. Personally I though he was teasing with his response but who knows. It was lovely to see him greet Meghan with a kiss at the Anzac Day service at Westminster Abbey.

I think he was joking with the men for sure as one was named Alexander.

clairecloutier

Of the options we've heard so far, I like Frederick the best.

I actually quite like the name Albert. I wouldn't mind that either. But it's a little formal for a kid (and heaven forbid he becomes Bertie, a la Queen Victoria's oldest).

Arthur is nice, but it just feels too weighty, and also unlucky. Not only was there the Prince Arthur of Wales who died young in the 1500s, the name also supposedly became a bone of contention between Charles and Diana in regard to William himself. Supposedly Charles wanted to name him Arthur, while Diana preferred William. Diana won (for whatever reason), but Charles was said to be bitter. (I don't know how true all that is.)

I think, at the time of George's birth, it was said that the name Alexander was one of Kate's personal favorites. So that may be why it's coming into play again.

centerstage01

I'm hoping for either Phillip Albert William or Arthur Michael William. Possibly a future Duke of Cambridge in his own right when his father becomes King.

Lorac

I'm so over waiting for the name now, they're trolling us.

I don't think the Queen has visited yet as there were scheduled public engagements yesterday for both the Queen and Prince William. Hopefully she will be able to visit today and we can get the name.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm putting my money on James or something with one syllable.

Last edited:

Vagabond

In Denmark they don't announce royal baby names until they're christened - imagine having to wait that long ;)
Prince William is Danish on his father's father's father's side. Get out your reading material, folks! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information